What should I be when I grow up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluephisto

War Child
In the mud, in the maze of my imagination.
Apperantly I have to decide what to do with the REST OF MY LIFE TODAY.

*fume*

I'm 26 and I don't have a :censored: CLUE about what I'm doing! My parents are pressuring me about picking a high paying career and getting ON with my life but FRANKLY the things I want to do don't pay well. SO you know what? How about someone just SUGGESTS a career and I'll pursue that with single minded devotion so then I can marry some idiotic GUY and settle down and crank out 2.3 KIDS!!!!!

*RANT OVER*

Little frustrated here. I'm having a pre-life crisis. spinning my wheels. I just feel so strangled by my options at this point, so clausterphobic. I'm good at ANYTHING creative, I'm completely unhappy unless I can PRODUCE something at the end of the day, I hate just cranking numbers through a computer, I HATE customer f*cking service ...

*sigh*

*RANT OVER ... FOR NOW*

is it getting better ... do you feel the same?

I understand, I've been in that same place for a while, as have a lot of my friends. It's the quarter-life crisis, all of those crushing, "Why am I here? What is my place?" kind of questions and it really sucks. I'm sorry you're frustrated, I really hope you can find something to make you happy, even if it's small and won't make you a millionaire.

:hug:

I'm having a quarter-life crisis too! I don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I know I want a fabulous lifestyle where I get to travel the world and go to rock concerts but I don't think I have the talents that would get me such a career!

I'm considering a switch to my fifth major so far....and I've only just finished my second semester, sophomore year of college :crack:

Since your so creative, but looking to do something professional, what about graphic design? web design? or advertising? Computer-creativity kind of stuff is SUPER easy to learn the basics and then you can go off from there. I'm not creative so even though I can create websites by typing pages of my own unique HTML code, I always get stuck b/c I can't make cool layout designs or graphics.

Do whatever your happy doing, and if you don't make a lot of money well, at least your doing something you enjoy.

I don't want to start back to my second semester this year first semester was hellish towards the end my Mum said she wished I could sit at home all day doing nothing much if that's al Iwanted to do but I would have to be marrying someone rich first, lol.

Good Luck,

Aralitia.

smilies-23957.png
music-smiley-026.gif

I have NO IDEA what to do after I've finished my MA (September), or even what country I'll be living in. :crazy: I have no skills, and there's nothing I want to do. Except be a princess or something. :sigh:

I've been having a (insert fraction here)-life crisis since I was five. :crack:

meegannie said:
I have no skills, and there's nothing I want to do. Except be a princess or something. :sigh:

I've been having a (insert fraction here)-life crisis since I was five. :crack:
:yes:
Except I knew that I wanted to be a nurse when I was five.
Or an acrobat.

What should I be when I grow up?

I'm confused. Why would you want to grow up? :tongue:

What's that you say, I'm not being helpful? Oh, right, that.
You should be an astronaut because I always wanted to be one but now I'm too tall. And then I can live vicariously through you, and that's always a plus, right?
:D

My mom always says she knew what she wanted to be when she declared her major (the first time ;)) in college and she hasn't known since.

Hopefully either a career will hit me over the head once I graduate, or I'll move back home and my mommy will make me dinner for-ev-er.
Gee, I'm such an optimist.

Back
Top Bottom