What (RED) products would you LIKE to see?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lemon Grrrrrl

New Yorker
Hangin' out by the state line turning holy water i
As I was waiting at the post office today, I realized (PRODUCT)red needs to have a postage stamp. (In America, we have regular $0.39 cent stamps to mail letters, and we have the option of buying $0.45 cent stamps to help other various causes, such as ending domestic violence or helping to fund breast cancer research.) I thought, well, hey, how about a red stamp? $0.45 cents per stamp for a sheet of 20 would yield $0.81 cents, which could go to the Global Fund. I would certainly buy them.

Any other ideas?

Stamps are good! Red envelopes too for that matter...how about RED moisturiser.....

I'd just like to see the RED products in NZ full stop!!

Boring, but what about RED pens....

gluey said:
oooh and masses of RED handbags (bag whore that I am!!)

YESS!!!! A fellow bag hag....:wave:....:shifty: How did I not think of that? You know, Gluey I would be willing go on behalf of PLEBA to an *ahem* private meeting w/Bono to discuss these matters, strictly business of course....:whistle:

OMG!!! Your Bonosapien captions are the most amazing things ever!! :lmao: :lmao: You're a genius...Being the Bonosapien expert that I am, you'll have to bring him to me after the "breeding program" is finished...for a VERY thorough physical examination....strictly medical...:shifty:

I thought a perfume/ men's cologne brand would have been great. Just the thought of having a "common scent" between all of us U2 lovers seems kind of fun.

^ I've been thinking the same thing coz Armani produces perfumes/colognes etc. so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for them to produce a (RED) scent!! :hmm:

But I also love the idea of (RED) high heels and bags!! :drool:

i'd like to see a red cell phone contract/package, not just a phone.

the phone is great and yes it gives a percentage of the calls made, but a contract would be more widespread and open the idea up quite a bit
a phone can be limited to whether you like the phone, whether it has the functions you need, whether you can afford to buy one outright etc etc while a contract would give you far more freedom and possibly attract more people to the idea.
ther are so many people on phone contracts, i reckon you'd have far more people with a RED contract than you would a RED phone

Also, I can't remember the correct word, but more of the products we use everyday, things you really ARE going to buy anyway. (no offense, (RED), but not many people were going to spend $200 on sunglasses or anotheriPod anyway!)

Soaps, batteries, cleaning supplies - whatever!

Or what about a line for linens, bedding, throw pillows, bathtowels, etc? They're using that traditional African cloth in some of the shoes, why not expand on that idea? I just thought of it b/c our apartment is decorated with all the fabrics I bought for cheap from Tanzania and Uganda.

Also, my church denom has been using the concept of (RED) for decades. We have a store called Global Gifts. They buy things "fair trade" from craftsmen and women all over the world. Some of the profits go back to the company (in this case the church) and most go to various charities or programs we support.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Also, I can't remember the correct word, but more of the products we use everyday, things you really ARE going to buy anyway. (no offense, (RED), but not many people were going to spend $200 on sunglasses or anotheriPod anyway!)

Soaps, batteries, cleaning supplies - whatever!

Or what about a line for linens, bedding, throw pillows, bathtowels, etc? They're using that traditional African cloth in some of the shoes, why not expand on that idea? I just thought of it b/c our apartment is decorated with all the fabrics I bought for cheap from Tanzania and Uganda.

I totally agree, even just the gap t-shirt are spendy for me. i was thinking everybody shops at Target. (and their logo is very red ;) ), so i thought, if target had signed up for their name-brand products all over the store, their target brands, they could make a bundle from that, and put a smile on a lot of shoppers faces knowing they're supporting a great cause.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

:giggle: Before RED launched I thought EDUN should have a bedroom collection. EDUN has poetry sewn in to all of the fabrics it makes, so how cool would it be to sleep on sheets that have poetry written on them? Of course I know it would never happen with EDUN and the types of products it makes and their target clientele, but maybe it could happen with RED.

^^Bono needs to do some talking to Target. Everybody shops there!! I also love the idea of sheets with poetry!!

Bono/U2 could release a book with all profits going to Red.....or better yet, an album :happy:

redhotswami said:
As a vegetarian, I'd appreciate a red wallet or belt that was made of cloth instead of leather.

I'm a vegetarian too! I'm thinking that national restaurant chains could offer, at least for a few months, a few "Red" dishes that a portion of the $ could go to the cause.

Last edited:
I was hoping that Gap's RED line would be part of their kids line also, but it isn't. My 7 year old was bummed to hear that. My husband also suggested Target being a part of it. I'm always spending money there.

Originally posted by SunBloc

Bono/U2 could release a book with all profits going to Red.....or better yet, an album :happy:

Yes! An album (or a single), great idea! Maybe an album with other artists as well.

RED pleban
RED interference:wink:
RED computer
RED camera
A book that shows all the RED products and pictures of the people posing with RED
RED band (like the ONE and Live strong)
RED guitar
RED backpack
RED picture frame
RED bvlgari 519

Back
Top Bottom