What main film Roles would you like to see U2 play in

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

annj

War Child
don't know if this is done already.. but just came into my head last night
If Bono Larry Edge and Adam took up acting what kind of films would you think they could play the main roles in

for some reason I think Edge would make a good James Bond

:lol:

Hmm...I can see Adam as James Bond more easily than Edge...other Sean Connery-like roles as well.

Larry...dark psychothrillers or else really stupid comedy(w/ tons of pretty blond jokes)

Edge...medical thrillers as a good guy doctor or else James Bond-
like villians...for some reason, I can just hear Edge's voice...
"No Mr. Bond, I expect you to die..."
Yoda-esque wise man is a possibility too.

Bono...absolutely no clue!!!:scratch:

Ya Adam in the James Bond type role

Edge: Magaiver the Movie

Bono: Indian Jones or really any Harrison Ford flick..

Larry: Dukes of Hazzard the Movie

hehee good choices Katey.. though I have to say I see Larry on his Bike have to think of the film Rebel without a cause... he would be even cooler than James Dean:drool:

Bono as Willie Wonka, the way he looks now, in the hat and bow tie, singing an joking with the little kids. He'd be perfect. I also think Bono would be good in sweeping historical dramas in period costumes. I'd love to see him as an 18th century type of guy, hair in a ponytail, cape wrapped around him, black riding boots :drool:

I like the "Indiana Jones" idea for Bono...his cowboy hat on and him wearing a lot of the outfits he wore in the late 80s and everything...he'd totally look the part.

And Larry in a James Dean-esque role would be absolutely perfect. I could see Adam as James Bond...yeah, that could work quite well. Edge would do well in scientific-type stuff, I think.

U2Kitten said:
Bono as Willie Wonka, the way he looks now, in the hat and bow tie, singing an joking with the little kids. He'd be perfect.

:lol:...that would be awesome! :yes:. I would pay to see that!

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I also think Bono would be good in sweeping historical dramas in period costumes. I'd love to see him as an 18th century type of guy, hair in a ponytail, cape wrapped around him, black riding boots :drool:

:hmm:...ooh, yeah, that would be good.

Angela

oooh wonder how Bono would play Heathcliffe in Wuthering heights:drool: :D

U2Kitten said:
I'd love to see him as an 18th century type of guy, hair in a ponytail, cape wrapped around him, black riding boots :drool:
Honestly - I went :ohmy::shocked::drool:!

If there IS a God, Bono would have played in such a movie. *drool*

I don't know why but I thought about bono playing Michael Collins, taking Liam Neeson's role. He'd have the wit and the good look just like Liam. :thud:

U2Kitten said:
Bono as Willie Wonka, the way he looks now, in the hat and bow tie, singing an joking with the little kids. He'd be perfect. I also think Bono would be good in sweeping historical dramas in period costumes. I'd love to see him as an 18th century type of guy, hair in a ponytail, cape wrapped around him, black riding boots :drool:

:combust: :combust: :combust:

Absolutely perfect!!!!:yes:

(Johnny Depp roles!:drool: )

U2Kitten said:
I also think Bono would be good in sweeping historical dramas in period costumes. I'd love to see him as an 18th century type of guy, hair in a ponytail, cape wrapped around him, black riding boots :drool:

His appearance in the Stay video makes me think of that...yes, Bono would be marvelous in that kind of role. :)

Moonlit_Angel said:
And Larry in a James Dean-esque role would be absolutely perfect. I could see Adam as James Bond...yeah, that could work quite well. Edge would do well in scientific-type stuff, I think.

If they ever bring back Doctor Who, Edge would make a fantastic Doctor! :D And I could almost see Bono playing the Master! :lol:

annj said:
oooh wonder how Bono would play Heathcliffe in Wuthering heights:drool: :D

I can not tell you how many times I have read the book and seen the movies.... And theres just something So, so...... about Heathcliffe , and since I saw the version with Ralph Finnes I have thought Bono would make a great Heathcliffe! But it would have to be JT Bono:drool: :drool:

I also have a thing for Vampires....dunno why:shrug: I find them hella sexy though and I think JT Bono would make a good Vampire, but not in one of those cheesey vampire movies............

As far as Edge, Larry and Adam go....

I could See Edge in a cute disney movie

Larry.... TOP GUN...... ICE MAN!!!!!

Adam..... don't really know...

ooohh-oooohh.....just thought of another movie role I'd LOVE to see Bono do....Johnny Castle:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool::faint:

Keocmb said:
I think I would just literally stop living if Bono did Shakespeare. :drool:

Oooohhhh..."Romeo and Juliet" is the first one that comes to mind (haha, I'm seeing all us Bono girls in a line waiting to audition for the role of Juliet :D ;)).

But seeing him in other Shakespeare plays would be awesome, too.

Also, I like the idea of Edge in a Disney movie. I could see him doing a voice of some character or something...that'd be kinda cute. :).

Angela

I could see Bono in some drama or comendy movie. I could see The Edge in a Disney movie, too. I could see Larry in some action or some biker/motorcycle movie. I can't picture Adam as an actor, though, I am sorry.

Or Bono who be a great Devil making a hideous laugh! :evil: I could picture Bono being an awesome saint, too in a role :happy: Or saying"The world is mine, haa, haa, no one is going to stop me now, not even God!" :evil: Have I been watching Bono as Macphistco, too much?

Last edited:
:hmm:

... Bono... I think I'd like to see Bono as a "Jedi master"... as some kind of wise Jedi (in a "Star Wars 2?" or something like that) together with Qui Gon (Liam Neeson) and Obi Wan (Ewan McGregor) - yeah, that would be three of my very favourite guys ( :drool: and :faint: and :love: ) in the same movie... Not a bad thought! :sexywink:

...Edge - Okay, so it's not a movie - but as a Doctor and "Hawkeyes" best friend in M*A*S*H*... And he'd fit right in the role with his wonderful humour! :lol:

... I don't know about Larry and Adam right now... I'll do some more thinking! :D

Merc said:

... Bono... I think I'd like to see Bono as a "Jedi master"... as some kind of wise Jedi (in a "Star Wars 2?" or something like that) together with Qui Gon (Liam Neeson) and Obi Wan (Ewan McGregor) - yeah, that would be three of my very favourite guys ( :drool: and :faint: and :love: ) in the same movie... Not a bad thought! :sexywink:

Bono with a lightsabre yeah!!!!!!!!!!:laugh: :up: :applaud:

I see Adam in a Hugh Grant type role

Larry-From Here To Eternity... after ES I can see him like that, rolling around on the beach :D

Bono-the Tom Hanks role in Big :wink:

Edge I see in a part like Spiderman or Superman-the guy who is a bit of a geek but really a hunky superhero :wink:

All I could think of last night while watching Mel Gibson in the Patriot was Bono and his causes. Actually riding up on a horse with flag waving, visions of New Years Day, hair in a ponytail, his passionate face, forging ahead, againist all odds. The clothes were so similar to JT Bono. Fighting for independence in a country that has given up on any help from other countries. Then seeing him undercover(specifically one of the picture's in the other thread of him smoking) with the enemy - learning all he can about their latest plans to attack the very people he's fighting for. Edge was his operative with all the james bond gadgets and Larry and Adam were his contacts who got him in and out of dangerous places. Needless to say I really got into an altogether different movie than the movie I was watching. It was quite fun actually. Throw in some U2 music in the background and the drama builds.

Back
Top Bottom