What is this "money" about?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VicksSs

Refugee
I found these quite a while ago, but always forgot to ask: what are they about? Obviously ZooTV, but what about it? Anyone? :D

zoodollarback.jpg

ecu2_1.jpg

Bono bucks!

They were used as confetti during the ZooTV tour. I still have a Bono buck somewhere. :hmm:

It's subversion, subverting the main stream, etc. The ZooTV ethos was based around that.

I am reminded of the KLF's stunt whereby they publicly burned a million quid back around the mid 90's (maybe they got the idea from U2).

Not that any of you will even have heard of the KLF. So I'll provide a reference:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KLF

Last edited:
^ wow you lucky to be in ZooTV, and lucky to have Bono bucks, lol, is that what they cal them? Funny!!!!!!!! :lol: :)

Thanks for the info people! :bow:

financeguy said:
It's subversion, subverting the main stream, etc. The ZooTV ethos was based around that.

I am reminded of the KLF's stunt whereby they publicly burned a million quid back around (maybe they got the idea from U2).

Not that any of you will even have heard of the KLF. Anyway, never mind.

:yes: I see. Clever band, as usual... well, not that much ;)

VicksSs said:
Oh thanks fro the reference :bow:

Vickss if you read one of the links it says the KLF did their stunt in '94. So it looks like they might have been inspired by U2 (rather than the other way around).

Actually I read in a music mag once that KLF sampled U2 crowd noises for some of their tracks. Strange but true! :wink:

financeguy said:

Vickss if you read one of the links it says the KLF did their stunt in '94. So it looks like they might have been inspired by U2 (rather than the other way around).

Actually I read in a music mag once that KLF sampled U2 crowd noises for some of their tracks. Strange but true! :wink:

wow!!:ohmy: Sometimes I underestimate the band's power over people!! amazing...

shockingly, this if my first time seeing these bono bucks
bono bucks :hmm:

:shifty:

:drool: :wink:

I'd love to get my hands on some. :hyper:

Oh, I want Bono bucks!! Will they ever do it again?? Hmmm... they throw silver little papers now, don't they? Are they worth the same?? :( :laugh:

i got Bono bucks - bought them off ebay.
one is real the other is distinctly a fake - someone taking the desing and printing it on their own home computer.

i like my real one though, it's cool :D

^ haha fun :D

U2ElevatesMe415, we CAN sell silver papers off e-bay, can't we? :p

This Aussie guy is selling U2 LEGAL TENDER dollars on eBay, but they are not the Zoo TV ones (the picture used is an Elevation-era promo shot):

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-REAL-US-DOLL...oryZ2334QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He must have some way of making them because if you check his other auctions at the bottom he has Blink 182 dollars, AC/DC dollars etc. But I wonder how he gets them to be legal tender...

Back
Top Bottom