What if....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
WHAT IF THERE WAS NO U2! I was thinking about it last night in bed and almost cryed! I mean would the world be different? Would I still be obsessed with The Who? To me its a scary thought! Is it a scary thought to you? What would you all be like if there was no U2??

:sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought about this before. I wonder what if U2 only released their c.d. Boy, it's a great c.d., but that is it! No PLEABA girls saying sexy Joshua Tree Bono! No hearing about about awesome Edge, Adam, or Larry! There's bands that only release one c.d. and break up, I am so happy U2 didn't do that! :happy: :cute:

I wrote a story a while back in "Fan fiction" about an alternate universe in which the band broke up after "Boy" and Bono winds up as my music teacher in Africa and i fall in love with him....pretty strange.
and before you read it, Adam does NOT kill himself in my universe....everyone (in the story) just thinks he did... it's kind of sad anyway, b/c he does die in it...and so does Bono but not in the part i posted...
:uhoh:
Yes, its a strange and sad (and perhaps disturbing) story. Yet in its entirety it has a happy ending...
but enough about that. sorry, back to the subject...a world without U2...

U2's music helped me in a very hard time in my life... I learned a lot of things about love and live by their lyrics, and I don't know, sometimes I think that I would be another person, with another identity, if U2 wouldn't exist. I like metal and rap music too and all that, with the strong influence of U2 makes a part of who I am. It is just like when I asked my bf what if there was no Rap music, he didn't think twice and he said "I wouldn't be the same"

Last edited:
I wouldn't care that there was no U2 if I didn't now any better. I wouldn't know to be missing anything. But it's still a sad thought.

Yay for U2! :bono: :adam: :larry: :edge:

Do I really wanna go there..... AWW why the hell not!

TW4L you question you ask is a very scary one, and I can honestly tell you that I would either be dead or out of my mind.

Yes they are all prettiful to look at and drool over, but my love for U2 runs much deeper than their looks, their music is a part of my soul!
When I was 9 Iwas involved in a really nasty car wreck and because of it I had to have 8 very painful operations and PT until I was 18, and the first thing I packed to go to the hospital was my walkman and U2 tapes,I knew as long as I had U2 there with me I would be ok. Then high school was pure hell I was teased and picked on because I walked funny and was a loner anyway and I had Achtung Baby and my bestest friend Tanya to lean on.
When I was 19 my cousin (Mom to both me and Tanya) became ill and needed chemo, and we didn't know if she would live or die and as our last "big hoorah" she took Tanya and I to see POP MART when they came to Memphis, she even booked a room at the hotel they stayed at and all I will say about that is that was 3 of the happiest days of my life those are truely four of the most beautiful men I have ever met or ever will meet! When Bono autograped my mom's RS he signed it "remember your faith"and for months those three days were all my mom wanted to talk about she refused to talked about her illness, she'd just sayI don't wanna talk about it I have faith! I 'm not sure she had "faith" that she would pull through before those three days.
When I was 22 I had a little girl named Reanna, who lived for 15 hours, to say the least I was heart broken. I felt like my baby is dead what reason do I have for living... I remember it was around Christmas and I was so dpressed thinking Reanna should be here, I had even stopped listening to U2 I felt like it would be unfair for me to be happy( dunno if that makes any sence) I had gotten to the point where I was just drowning in my grief and didn't want to go on living, I had gotten up the nerve to "do it" and that same day my husband came home with ATYCLB I still don't know what possesed me to put the CD on but I did I remember hitting the repeat button and what happened next still gives me goose bumps to this day.......
I fell alseep and in my dream I'm sitting in a diner and Bono and Edge walk up to me and sat down and I don't really remember what we talked about or if we even talked at all, but Edge got up and walked off and when he came back he had Reanna in his arms,I reached out and took her from him and held her to me and just started sobbing, then Bono took my face in his hand and made me look at him, he looked me dead in the eyes and said " Heather Listen to me You are still a mother, Most mothers carry their Children in their arms but You get to carry yours in your heart forever and that is so special" then I woke up and have had a different out look on life since then.

I have always wondered if they truely realise the impact they have on peoples lives and souls.........I know I never would have made it through half the shit I made it through if it wasn't for them and the gift of their music.

It posses an interesting question indeed.. .. if had not been for U2 I would have never been with my father when he passed on and because of that and the bit of healing I got I will be eternally grateful and I will leave my story there..Would I have been there had it not been for U2 simple fact is I will never know my answer is I doubt it ..fate has a funny way of working life out for us..

I agree...if there weren't any U2 then I'd probably be about 6ft under at the age of 12...or...let's say back then I was happy....I'd probably not care because I would have not missed them being that they would have never existed lol

No U2? I hate to think about it. They've been a part of my life for 20 years. They've helped me get through some truly hellish periods. 2001, and 2002, was a period of an absolute nightmare for me. I won't get into the particulars. If it hadn't been for U2 I wouldn't have had the people help me get through it that I had. In May of 2002 I registered on this forum after drooling over Bono pix in here! It was so cool, getting to look at the pix to get my mind off of those problems! Things worked out OK, but it took awhile. Thanks U2, and thanks PLEBA!:heart: :heart: :heart:

dreams out loud said:
Most mothers carry their Children in their arms but You get to carry yours in your heart forever and that is so special

I still remember that line from the first time you told this story. I think all of PLEBA was :sad:

:hug:

dreams out loud said:
Most mothers carry their Children in their arms but You get to carry yours in your heart forever and that is so special" then I woke up and have had a different out look on life since then.

That gave me a chill when I wrote, and it made me sad:sad:

I really don't wanna think about not having U2 in my life, I just think I wouldn't have a favorite band, and I wouldn't have met wonderful people...

"Somethings were meant to be..."

dreams out loud said:
When I was 22 I had a little girl named Reanna, who lived for 15 hours, to say the least I was heart broken. I felt like my baby is dead what reason do I have for living... Bono took my face in his hand and made me look at him, he looked me dead in the eyes and said " Heather Listen to me You are still a mother, Most mothers carry their Children in their arms but You get to carry yours in your heart forever and that is so special" then I woke up and have had a different out look on life since then.

:hug: I'm so sorry about Reanna. Thank you for sharing your story, and your dream.

dreams out loud said:
I have always wondered if they truely realise the impact they have on peoples lives and souls.........I know I never would have made it through half the shit I made it through if it wasn't for them and the gift of their music.

I think we fans should write to the band and tell them about the impact they've had on our lives, what their music means to us. It would do them good to hear about it, to know that they are a force for good, especially when life drags them down or jerks say horrible things / make threats on them.

Pardon me for getting religious here, but I believe they were brought together by God as a balm for a world in desperate need for healing. Their songs have helped me through awful times, too, like friendless years in High School, depression, the death of my grandmother. And they have helped so many other people in so many different ways. May they continue to be a blessing for many years to come.

Sue DeNym said:
I think we fans should write to the band and tell them about the impact they've had on our lives, what their music means to us. It would do them good to hear about it, to know that they are a force for good, especially when life drags them down or jerks say horrible things / make threats on them.

:yes:. That'd be great.

Life without U2...I don't even want to imagine it. There's so many things I love about this group...they make me feel better about still holding hope that the world will be a better place-it doesn't seem as crazy an idea as some try and tell me. They inspire me creatively, they make me realize that it's okay to take risks and be goofy. I can relate to them so perfectly in regards to religious stuff, which is really nice. They've also helped me feel better when I'm down, and they're there on my happy days, too. My views haven't been solely shaped by U2, but they've definitely played a part, and if U2 weren't here, I shudder to think of how much that could've changed some of my views.

Angela

Yep, I totally agree and I also do toatally believe God helped form this wonderful band from Dublin! :tongue: :happy:

Back
Top Bottom