What happened to St. Patty's day?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I went to Meijer today to do some grocery shopping and I thought I'd pick up some Shamrock window clings...They had nothing (although there was PLENTY of Easter stuff!). Same thing at 2 dollar stores I visited. :| I don't understand!

People in my neck of the woods don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The local Irish community is quite small and doesn't really do anything--except go to bars. No parades, no cards, no nothing. :( :(

:banghead: I have all kinds of shamrock graphics and whatnot on my computer I can use! Why I didn't think of that before is beyond me!

verte76 said:
People in my neck of the woods don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The local Irish community is quite small and doesn't really do anything--except go to bars. No parades, no cards, no nothing. :( :(

That sucks.

There's a small town nearby in my area that is made up of mostly Irish people-they have a St. Patrick's Day parade every year.

I dunno, though, I don't ever remember there being a big deal made over St. Patrick's Day in general in this country. :shrug:.

Angela

I always celebrate St Patties b/c it's my birthday too! This will be my first time celebrating it in San Francisco.. they have a bar called the Irish Bank and they close off the street around it and have a big party. So I think I may check that out :hyper:
(wish I was in Dublin to celebrate though )

Moonlit_Angel said:

That sucks.

There's a small town nearby in my area that is made up of mostly Irish people-they have a St. Patrick's Day parade every year.

I dunno, though, I don't ever remember there being a big deal made over St. Patrick's Day in general in this country. :shrug:.

Angela

We used to have a St. Patrick's Day parade in Birmingham, but the stupid City Council nuked it with stupid politics. :madspit: :mad: :censored: :censored:

I thought of you today Werts...I was at Walgreen's and right at the checkout counter, TONS of St. Patty's Day window clings!!! ;)

Plus the Chicago River was turned green today for the parade, saw it on a quick news bit!

Lovin' Bono said:
They are fast forwarding all our holidays these days. :(

This phenomenon is a real pain in the ass. Stores where I live have been gearing up for July 4th for months now. While I celebrated in my usual Guiness drinking fashion, Shannon was pissed that she couldn't find ANY St. Patty's day decorations anywhere for weeks. Then again, we live in the seventh circle of hell. The Irish still aren't quite "white" enough for some people I know. Grrrrrrrrrr...*fumes come out of ears*

MiniFly said:
Shannon was pissed that she couldn't find ANY St. Patty's day decorations anywhere for weeks. Then again, we live in the seventh circle of hell. The Irish still aren't quite "white" enough for some people I know. Grrrrrrrrrr...*fumes come out of ears*

yes i was very pissed. Happens to me every year :madspit: I always try to find a st patty's day shirt and never can

:lmao: @ white enough comment.

I don't know what happened to St. Patrick's day... I remember going into the city on saturday march 15th, and i remember comming home on tuesday march 18th... but i don't quite remember too much in between :scratch:

3pints.jpg

Back
Top Bottom