What got you interested?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Schmeg said:
Since then, I have learned he's a beautiful person inside and out. He reminds me of this almost every day in one way or another. :)

:yes: :up:.

While I've only had a crush on Bono for almost a couple of years now, I'd always thought he was a pretty nice guy, just from the stuff I'd seen on T.V. I remember watching their "Pop-Up Video" show one day and hearing about all the charities that he and the rest of the band supported, and I admired that. And I also remembered hearing about how during the making of the "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" video, the one lady that Bono kisses was being told by the director to get out of the shoot, and Bono said something like, "Nah, she can stay", or whatever, and I thought that was pretty cool, too.

And I remember reading the People magazine article on him back in 2002 as well, and he seemed pretty interesting (I remember particularly liking the part where his friend was talking about when Bono introduced him to Ali back in school-his friend goes, "I didn't get it. But he adored her". I thought that was so cute).

But yeah, it wasn't until that summer that I started liking him a lot.

Also, like a couple of you have mentioned, I'd always liked U2's music-yeah, I'd just heard the big hits, but I definitely remember hearing them on the radio when I was younger and going, "Oh, I like this song." But I just never really paid much attention beyond that, until 2002 (and, actually, the year before that-heard "Angel Of Harlem" on the radio and fell in love with that song, decided in May of 2002 to put it on a CD along with a few other songs of theirs I liked, and things clicked then). Because I was starting to like Bono, that was one reason why I wanted to watch the Elevation Boston concert on the Fox Family channel, and that concert helped introduce me to the rest of their songs, which I immediately went searching around for to download and listen to. And then I brought The Joshua Tree that July, and the rest was history. :).

Now, if I can just get a chance to see U2 in concert...

Angela

Nice stories everyone!

Mine started the nite of the VMA awards..........I saw them perform, and the way Bono sang......so beautiful just melted my heart.I think he sang Beautiful Day.....and I knew I had heard that song on the radio before but never payed much attention to it.But after I found out who sang it and what band......I began to pay loads of attention.Also.....I was really attracted to Bono too :wink: :drool: he was the most sexiest....beautiful man that I ever saw and the fact that he wasnt raggy looking like most rock stars that u would normally see on tv ...made me notice him even more.

Then I turned my attention to Adam. :drool: :drool: :drool: he's calmness........he's coolness......he's charm and his smile......and the fact that he's one damn good bass player made me a fan.....and yes i have to confess that the AB cover has soemthing to do with it.....but he's one gentle person.........makes u wanna hug him!!!!!!!!!

These past 2 yrs have been the best yrs of my life........and I cant wait to experience more of U2!!!!!The first album that I ever bought was ATUCLB and then I started my own U2 collection.Just waiting for the moment that almost everyone who I've chatted with have experienced and that is seeing them live for the 1st time in my life!:sad: :sad:

Where are all the Larry people? Why are there no stories of Larry-love? Unfortunately, I can't offer one, as I'm an Edge girl myself. :wink:
I discovered the wonder that is Quizilla this summer and took some "Which Member of U2 are you?" quizzes. Everything else is pretty much summed up in this email I sent to my friend (a fellow fan and Bono kind of girl herself):
"I really want to hear it! [Rattle and Hum, which she was going to lend me] Especially Edge singing Van Diemen's Land. I confess, Edge is now my darling of all the U2 guys. He's the one I got in almost all the personality quizzes. And the fact that he plays guitar and sings and produces and all that is just fucking cool. And at the risk of sounding like a swooning teenager fangirl, he's just so damn cute!! When they were young his eyes are just so big and Edge-y. Oh, I'll shut up now."

And now, I throw risk of sounding like a swooning teenager fangirl to the windds, and, well, swoon! :drool: :combust: :yes:

I was doing my Spanish homework.

MTV was on and BD came.

I knew the song from the radio but I never listened to it SO much because I hate radio. So I looked up.

It was all quiet, just the quiet sound of 'IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAAAAAAY; DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!!' in the background.

The band's name was displayed. The title. The album.

And I thought to myself..

WHO the fuck is U DOS?

I realised the mistake and felt obligated to make it up to them by buying all their records, vinyls, books and stalking tips I could get. :D

Oh and I fell in love with that scruffy lad in the video. :wink:

NameOfLove19 said:
Where are all the Larry people? Why are there no stories of Larry-love?

Well, Larry's my second-favorite, does that count? Yeah, I thought he was pretty from the beginning, but he seemed a bit bland. Until I learned a bit more about him. Saw his humor in the Making of Unforgettable Fire special, read interviews with him, read the Bill Flanagan book...this was not some stereotypical dumb blond. Beneath the handsome exterior is a sound, sensible man, smart, caring, no-nonsense, an all-around good person.

NameOfLove19 said:
And now, I throw risk of sounding like a swooning teenager fangirl to the windds, and, well, swoon! :drool: :combust: :yes:

Swoon away! They're worthy! :happy:

Sue DeNym said:
Swoon away! They're worthy! :happy:

Yeah! Nothing wrong with swooning over guys.

Also, I agree with Sue about Larry. One reason why I like him is because I liked how he was talking about his friends in the "Legends" show. I liked how he said that yeah, the band may have to end someday, but he didn't want the special thing between the four of them to ever end. And I was like, awwww...:hug: :larry:.

I like it when tough guys show their soft side. :).

Angela

EveClayton said:
Nice stories everyone!

Mine started the nite of the VMA awards..........I saw them perform, and the way Bono sang......so beautiful just melted my heart.I think he sang Beautiful Day.....and I knew I had heard that song on the radio before but never payed much attention to it.But after I found out who sang it and what band......I began to pay loads of attention.Also.....I was really attracted to Bono too :wink: :drool: he was the most sexiest....beautiful man that I ever saw and the fact that he wasnt raggy looking like most rock stars that u would normally see on tv ...made me notice him even more.

Haha! Yes, I remember watching this (it was the one where Eminem had tons of impersonators and did Slim Shady, right?). This was before I was an obsessed U2 fan or even took an interest in Bono. I remember thinking, they were the only band that didn't suck and/or sing off-key.

Last edited:
I became a fanatic of U2 in '87 but my love for Adam began in '92 when I happen to come across the lovely photo that is my avatar and then there is also the "5th member of U2 photo" :eek:

I think I can pretty safely thank Larry... I just saw him on the Elevation DVD and thought he was a hottie. I loved the music too, but I don't think I would have become as involved with the band if it hadn't been for Larry.

It's hard to say, I've "always" been interested. Interest lulled, but then my daughter because my daughter became interested around the Popmart era, so it started all over again. The video of "Streets" was such eye-candy -- who could ignore that??? And as I matured, U2 aged right along with me. And when it came time for me to face my mother dying over a period of a month during the summer of 2001, U2 were there in the parking garage, waiting for me on the radio. Bono sang "Walk On" just for me and I can never, ever repay or thank him enough for that. I have a special place in my heart for all of them, though I haven't warmed to Larry much.

I got to sing my thanks to them in October 2001 at Notre Dame ... and have promised my daughter (who lives in Florida) next tour, I'm down there with her and we both get to see them.

i became a U2 fan when the beautiful day single came out. and a friend of mine who's also a fan and loves bono invited me over to her house to watch the live in boston dvd from the elevation tour that she'd just got so we were watching it and i saw the edge and i'm like "hey he's hot" and my friend just thought i was nuts :rolleyes:

I always listened to U2 songs when I was little, like sunday bloody sunday, wowy, where the streets have no name, etc, but I never knew that who played them was U2 until my sister introduce me to the band, she bought the best of 80 - 90, and showed me it, and I was like "oooh!! so those are the guys that play these songs!".
And then I looked up the pics that came in the cd and I really liked Bono hair cut :wink: and after all he is my type.. was when I notest him most! And I think that like everyone else, I'd notest on the others too, but Bono was the one that I most liked!

This is my second post and just wanted to say hi to everyone first! I have been a hardcore U2 fan since 1997 when I was in high school. Pop got me started and I would have to say that Bono is my favorite (typical I know but the man is great!). I became hooked on him because I am a huge lyric fan and he has amazing lyrics of course with so much passion and emotion. I also admire him so much because of all the charity work he does without caring how "cool" it may be which is a great and honorable thing!:bono:

hey U2L0va! :wave: I like your nic. Also I have some lyrical analysis done, you can check them out at my site if you are interested (TMH) I know Hippy has done some great ones, too, and those are posted right at Interference (the Content forum).

As for me.... an exboyfriend got me interested. :der: He showed me the Macphisto ZooTV show.. and I saw stars for the ideas and the showmanship and the music of the band. :love: They had me at Macphisto.... :macdevil: :heart:

NameOfLove19 said:
Where are all the Larry people? Why are there no stories of Larry-love? Unfortunately, I can't offer one, as I'm an Edge girl myself. :wink:
I discovered the wonder that is Quizilla this summer and took some "Which Member of U2 are you?" quizzes. Everything else is pretty much summed up in this email I sent to my friend (a fellow fan and Bono kind of girl herself):
"I really want to hear it! [Rattle and Hum, which she was going to lend me] Especially Edge singing Van Diemen's Land. I confess, Edge is now my darling of all the U2 guys. He's the one I got in almost all the personality quizzes. And the fact that he plays guitar and sings and produces and all that is just fucking cool. And at the risk of sounding like a swooning teenager fangirl, he's just so damn cute!! When they were young his eyes are just so big and Edge-y. Oh, I'll shut up now."

Edge is definitely swoon-worthy! Rattle & Hum is where it all started for me. Like everyone else, Bono caught my immediate attention with his passionate voice, gorgeous hair, sexy look in general, but the more I watched R&H, the more I realized that Edge was the one I was falling in love with! His gentle smile, his quiet, thoughtful nature, everything about him appealed to me in a way that Bono never did. I think what really got me was the fact that even though he was this world-famous rock star, he still seemed so shy and embarassed by all the attention. I also really love the way he seems to look after Bono. He seems very protective of him-really sweet. The longer I follow U2 the more things I find to love about them, but what really gets me is the fact that these four guys all obviously love each other so much, even after being together for so long. True love in the purest sense of the word. Makes me all fuzzy & weepy! :hug:

my story

Well, what got me into U2 is one day I was watching VH1 and they showed this music video called Beautiful Day, all I can remember is that beat and that voice then I saw his face...Bono was and is the most beautiful fucking man I have ever seen, I swear to God. I went to target to get atyclb and have been a obessed fan ever since.:drool:

oliveu2cm said:

You're welcome! And thank you too :happy:
Olive, didn't realize Take Me Higher was your site! I found it about 2 months ago & got completely addicted! I absolutely love, love, love your "two-of-a-kind" shots! It's a great site & on my list of favorite spots! Thanks & keep it up!! :happy:

julie

My sister always loved U2 and i would always ahve to listhen to them. I thoguht they were good but they werent my fave, Then i hear "one" for the first time and i wos hooked and started to listhen to them all the time :ohmy:

My dad had the Rattle and Hum DVD for some time, and one night he wanted me to watch it with him. I yelled at him and said I didnt want to, cause I wanted to go listen to my new Who CD. But he said that i had to:madspit: . I said "Well, you're gonna be sorry for makin me watch this stupid thing". I got in trouble, and he made me watch the whole thing. At first i was thinking, " This is so stupid" But just like anything else it grew on me. The next day he came home from work and I had the thing blasting and I was staring at Edge and thinkin "Damn that boy is hott":cute: . And now I listen to them all the time, and my dad yells at me now cause I annoy him with them. Oh well, his fault, I warned him!:tongue:
:edge: :heart: :love: :bono:

I first saw the band in 1981 perform in a bar in New Jersey - have been hooked on Bono and the band ever since. My friend got to interview the band for college radio, after the show, unfortunately Bono was not there. I have not missed a tour yet!! Have met Bono two times since!! :heart:

Back
Top Bottom