What era...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What era do you prefer in slash fic?

• Boy era

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Joshua Tree era

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Achtung Baby era

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Elevation era

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
...do you prefer in slash fics?

Me does prefer Achtung Baby or Boy :bono: and :edge:......

A good fic is a good fic regardless of the era and I like them all, really, but there's no time like the present so I'll say Elevation era.

Baby U2 slashies are my second faves, :wink: but they all looked like such bad boys during AB... Scruffy Larry, mmm! Bono in tight leather pants! Definitely those are the best. :drool:

Achtung Baby is the best era for U2 slash because they were experimenting with their music, their persona's, their media image, drugs, their ideas about the music industry and their gender roles.

They were interested in exploring media manipulation, the excesses of the industry that they had previously ignored or found distasteful, their own sexual natures and how belief in the spirit and flesh can co-exist in the one believer.

This was such a fecund time for them. They stepped out of the black and white Joshua Tree world they had created for themselves, very dire and earnest and into the technicolour extavaganza of Zoo TV.

LOVE was in the air.

Everything was open to discussion, any long held belief was turned on its head and re-examined for it's inherent truth and value.

Everything was up for grabs - and I choose to believe that includes each others asses! lol

You can write them doing pretty much anything in this era and make it totally believable. Anything set during this era always grabs my attention...and my libido and takes me for a ride! heehee

Long Live Achtung Baby U2 Slash!!!

mwahahahahahahah

This rant was bought to you by the letter 'U' and the number '2'

Elevaton! Good mindset, it was about emotion! Acthung Baby is my fav U2 album but it is has Mac Phitsco and I am still unsure about what I think about the weird ZOO TV.

This is an old thread that was bumped. Since it discusses slash situations, and slash situations are no longer allowed to be used in fan fic at Interference, this thread will be closed. Please refer to the FAQ or contact a moderator (such as myself) if you have any questions. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom