What does this Bono quote mean???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

banjo

The Fly
You know, if you tell people that the best place to have sex is in the safe hands of a loving relationship, you may be telling a lie! There may be other places. If the question is, can I as a married man write about sex with a stranger, 'yes' has got to be the answer. I've got to write about that because that is part of the subject I'm writing about. You have to try and expose some myths, even if they expose you along the way. I don't want to talk about my own relationship, because I've too much respect for Ali to do so. What I'm saying to you is, I may or may not be writing from my own experience on some of these, but that doesn't make it any less real."

I am currently arguing with my boyfriend as to the meaning of this - opnions please.

u2granny said:
Seems pretty self-explanatory, he's not telling and quite frankly, I couldn't care less.

Exactly. It's nobody's business whether he's strayed or not. He loves his wife, and he's not saying.
Why should we care? It's their business, and obviously they've worked it out. (And nobody's perfect, not even Bono.)

CheckYourChange said:
The words came from Bono's mouth and he knew they would be published and discussed. I don't think there's anything wrong with this discussion.

What's to discuss? The quote is self-explanatory. Not to mention, he probably said it so that we WOULDNT keep discussing things that are none of our biznaz.

Besides...
Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.

Both the Bono quote and the FAQ rule seem pretty cut and dry to me.

Last edited:
Basically the argument we were having was was he saying he does cheat and doesn't want to talk about it or he doesn't cheat and doesn't want to talk about it. I think it's a healthy discussion. We are not speculating anything - just dissecting his quote.

Obviously some people on this forum need to go over the FAQ's and read them over and over again because it's not getting through to your heads.

From the FAQ's:
Posting about the bands' private life, questioning their marriages or sexuality is not allowed.

Learn it. It's really important.

the more i look at it... hes saying he doesnt write about his own relationship... because he has too much respect for ali...

but writes about other people or fictitious stories...

when he said "even if it exposes you along the way", he was probably referring to songwriter's in general and not him.

plus, the article seems to be taken out of context to what else they were talking about when that subject came up.

ok, im done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom