what does the P stand for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chelsy

The Fly
I know that the other letters stand for U2 members but what does the P stand for is it somebody that used to be in the band but got fired?

ok sorry so I see from the forum list it's for paul mcguiness but who is he somebody tell me why hes not in the band anymore and post a picture of him.

Chelsy: Paul McGuinness is the band's manager, and has been since they got started...hopefully someone else can find a pic, since I can't
rolleyes.gif

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
met-u202.jpg

BONO: *puts arm around Edge* Hey Edge, you know you wanna give me your award...I need a matching set!

EDGE: *through gritted teeth, gripping his award* Bono, slowly remove your hand from my neck and no one has to get hurt. Besides, yours doesn't even match mine!

PAUL: Why the hell am I here? And why am I in a suit? Why can't I be in something comfortable like Edge? I WANNA WEAR JEANS!!!!

biggrin.gif

Sorry, that pic just makes me think of that kind of stuff!
wink.gif

Anyway, Paul is the guy who keeps the guys going...so don't dis him! Yay Paul!

------------------
Mirror mirror hanging in the sky, won't you look down to what's happening here below? I stand here singing to the flowers. So very few people really know. I dare a man to say I'm too young, for I'm going to try for the sun.

Seagull, I don't want your wings, I don't want your freedom in a lie.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

[This message has been edited by hippyactress (edited 03-17-2002).]

I thought any u2 fan would know who Paul was, do u just post here for the fun of it...... girlies paul aint too hot these days *hides* but he wasnt so bad years and years and years ago and hes kool, hes made u2 a great band..it isnt all about looks anyway
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Sicy:
Oh my goodness gracious.
More negative comments?

Just what I was thinking.....

------------------
Lightning flashes across the sky
East to west, do or die
Like a thief in the night
See the world by candlelight.

Originally posted by bono-vox:
I thought any u2 fan would know who Paul was, do u just post here for the fun of it...... girlies paul aint too hot these days *hides* but he wasnt so bad years and years and years ago and hes kool, hes made u2 a great band..it isnt all about looks anyway
biggrin.gif

Remember in Flanagan's book how Paul jumped off of the boat into the water after Bono did? *lol* The stuff that man goes through for the boys...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Chelsy, everybody here knows Paul isn't as good looking as the others and sometimes people make jokes about pretending to like him and think he's hot, and everybody knows it's a joke but it stops there and doesn't get rude. A little while ago I started a thread called "SIGH those baby blues"- I knew everyone would think it was Bono, but it was a pic of Paul and I said "drool"- now everyone knew that was a joke, and some laughed and made jokes too but nobody went so far as to say he was fat and ugly. That's going too far. Maybe you should have
done that.

We all know Paul is not the best looking thing but he is a brilliant manager who took 4 teen boys and turned them into superstar millionaires. Of course, the guys themselves had something to do with it, but a lot of people are talented and have the potential for stardom but without the right manager and connections it never happens. He deserves to be praised for that, though no one is drooling. Then again, someone might. If there's one thing I have learned here it's that everyone has their own taste and things that really turn some people off can be hot to someone else. There just might be a Paul girl out there after all.

------------------
~Burned by the fire of love~

Chelsy dear, "ugly" is a very strong word. Most of the senitment has been Paul is not the hottest guy in the world, but he deserves as much respect as Bono Larry Adam and Edge. If it wasn't for his business savvy and expertise, U2 would not be were they are today. He is essentially the 5th member of the band, an equal.

It would almost be like if someone came up to you and said "Wow Chelsy, your parents did a great job raising you, but damn, they sure are ugly, or they sure are dumb." Do you get what I'm saying here?

While it is your right to express your opinion on any matter, you have to also be prepared for the consequences. I think you need to carefully choose which words you use and in what context you say them in. This seems to be the bulk of your troubles.

------------------
Daisy

Uncertainty...it can be a guiding light

AIM: daisyone75

http://communities.msn.com/Piccies

Paul M.? thats not what it stands for for me!
wink.gif
, i subby someone else in his place, a verrrrry awesome/cool/(too) nice/hansome guy i know!
biggrin.gif
*big smile*

------------------
' I want to run
I want to hide
I want to tear down the walls
That hold me inside
I want to reach out
And touch the flame
Where the streets have no name. . .'
.:. U2: Rock's Unbreakable Heart!

Love is...cold steel/Fingers too numb to feel/Squeeze the handle/Blow out the candle
Love is blindness.../A little death/Without mourning/No call/And no warning...

[Thanks Coach P]

HFM! Feeling the cold pricklies 'round PLEBA these days....but I see why.

Ladies: chelsy is an EXTREME newbie, she said she just got in on the band too, so let's ease up a bit, ok?

Chelsy: If you wanna bring up freedom of speech, don't do it when you're trying to make other people not say what they want. Your posts do have a negative tone to them, so try rewording them or something so they won't come off so mean ok?

------------------
Every question possesses a power that does not lie in the answer.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 03-17-2002).]

Thanks for telling me, but he must be one of the ugliest person ive ever seen! But he does help with u2 so hes gotta be aight i guess!
Originally posted by Jody:
BonoDC2.gif

[This message has been edited by Chelsy (edited 03-17-2002).]

Why do you always say bad things about the band and their help? I don't expect you'll get a lot of friendly replies to what you just said.

------------------
"Whenever you see this kind of darkness, there is an extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter." -Bono

"Why doesn't anyone molest him?" -My mom, when Bono was walking through the crowd at the halftime show

u2er@u2email.com

here is another pic of Paul with Edgie and Bono...

met-u202.jpg

He does have some loyal pleba girlies running around!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Without Paul U2 would not be what they are today. The guy deserves a great deal of respect. Maybe he's not as good looking as the others but theres really no need to tell us how ugly you think he is.
Maybe I'm being over sensitive but I suggest you try this. If the only reply you can make is full of negative comments, don't reply.

I agree with Jody.

------------------

u2er@u2email.com

Im sorry i wont do it agian. But i must say why do you jump on me for my opinon i have a right to my opinion, ever heard of freedom of speech? I wanna be alowd to say wht i want to not wht you tell me to, one more thing, everytime i have a negitive question or a bad remark why do yo all jump on me like a heinia over a patch of meat!?

Maybe because we're all loyal to U2 and everyone that helps them, and take it as a personal insult when you say bad things about them. I may be crazy, but... oh well
biggrin.gif

------------------

u2er@u2email.com

Chelsy I don't want to jump on anyone. PLEBA is usually such a happy place. Of course you are entitled to your opinion.
Feel free to express your opinion but maybe a U2 fan forum is not the best place to do so, when a lot of your comments seem to be negative ones.
Right I will shut up now.

chelsy
i know it can be frustrating, but you must be aware that what you post may inadvertently offend others, remember you are not posting in a vacuum, others will read your comments and make assumptions based on your statements. just keep that in mind and you should be okay.

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

Chelsy,

The word "ugly" is a VERY negative word when you are using it to describe someone's appearance. Let me put this to you in age appropriate terms...

Would you be okay if one of your friends walked up to you at lunch and said "oh man, all of your friends are really cute Chelsy but you're kinda ugly, no offense, I'm just stating my opinion"

You'd probably cry and walk way right?

The people on this board love U2 passionately and freedom of speech works both ways. If you say something rude or negative, we have the right to respond to you with our own freedom of speech.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 03-17-2002).]

If someone did that to me i wouldnt care, cus i have never get my feelings hurt by that crap, its bull, and i never pay attention to it cus their opinon, just like now if paul where to real this board he probably wouldnt care, its just someones opinon, all that matters is what you think of ur self, and if he happens to think hes hott then o well, i mean i dont reall think he gives a fling crap what a 13 year old gurl says, he could seriosly care less. If you shoved this post in his face he probably say i have better things to do i dotn care. So i dont think he really care, it dosent matter as long as you think that way about yourself.
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
Chelsy,

The word "ugly" is VERY negative word when you are using it to describe someone's appearance. Let me put this to you in age appropriate terms...

Would you be okay if one of your friends walked up to you at lunch and said "oh man, all of your friends are really cute Chelsy but you're kinda ugly, no offense, I'm just stating my opinion"

You'd probably cry and walk way right?

The people on this board love U2 passionately and freedom of speech works both ways. If you say something rude or negative, we have the right to respond to you with our own freedom of speech.

Don't dish it out if you can't take it.

Originally posted by Chelsy:
If someone did that to me i wouldnt care, cus i have never get my feelings hurt by that crap, its bull, and i never pay attention to it cus their opinon, just like now if paul where to real this board he probably wouldnt care, its just someones opinon, all that matters is what you think of ur self, and if he happens to think hes hott then o well, i mean i dont reall think he gives a fling crap what a 13 year old gurl says, he could seriosly care less. If you shoved this post in his face he probably say i have better things to do i dotn care. So i dont think he really care, it dosent matter as long as you think that way about yourself.

oookay, you are really getting on my last nerve. before I say something I might regret, I think it would be best for everyone else on this board if I just ignore all further posts by you. you have a lot to learn little girl.

Back
Top Bottom