what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mc

The Fly
jesus, i cant believe they do that to people. the poor girl was probably just being creative of something. i can't believe parents actually would do something like that to their daughter, someone theyre supposed to love.
i dont have any advice either. im just shocked by it.

------------------
----Maria----

what you dont have you dont need it now

I guess the best to hope for is that the school will recognize it is the parents who need help and the girl is just different from them.

Another thing to do (and I know you are good at this kiran) is to stay her friend no matter what. Be there as a friend for her and help her through this tough time.

This is terribly sad, but like many have said, not unheard of. Unfortunately, it is also not new. It's been happening to women all throughout history. It's a shameful, despicable thing and needs to stop.

------------------
***ALOTWU***

i find this confusing..her parents made her sign a contract at the age of 6 to promise to never dye her hair?

her parents are mental.

------------------
id love adam to perform for me..wearing only cologne and a smile

Originally posted by madamc:
i find this confusing..her parents made her sign a contract at the age of 6 to promise to never dye her hair?

her parents are mental.

ya, theyre the ones who should be going to a special school! i always complain about my parents, stories like this show me that im lucky to have such nice ones.

------------------
----Maria----

what you dont have you dont need it now

well well- it's just a dirty F*ing day ( can you tell i'm pissed?) i just got a call from my friend, and was informed that we would not be hanging out tonight- something i was looking forward to all week long, and they knew it- because there was not enough room in the car for everyone- not even a little skinny person like me. how thoughtful of them.

okay, this has been bothering me, and i want to hear your opinions. My friend is a wonderful, warm, hilarious girl- she';s just so much fun to be around and listen to..today was her last day here at school, because her parents are sending her to a mental school. they think there is something wrong with her..there is NOTHING wrong with her..and if the people at the school really think she is mental, she will go to a mental institution. Her parents are so...they are so over protective. they made her sign a contract at age 6 that made her swear she would not be as crazy and outgoing like her sisters, and dye her hair diff. colors- all at age 6. this is compppletely ridiculous...what do you think?

------------------
Be uncool, yes be awkward
"I look cool, i am cool"- Lardence
9:55: With a bit of a wink in his eye, Edge apologizes for last year's rambling Grammy
speech, then begins to natter on again. You go, Dave! ~ from Rolling Stone mag, at the Grammy's
when you're strange- no one remembers your name...

i talk too much, so talk with me! AIM: BoNovoX2U2
or talk to me through evil MSN : u2jamjar@hotmail.com

I think it's awful. I know a boy that happened to, and I am totally against it. It's MENTAL that the parents are so lame and don't know their kid any better than that. I'm sorry for your friend. I'm sure she will grow up HATING them. They are only driving her away.

Wow, that's too bad. Why do they think she needs to go a mental institution? Just because someone is different or crative it doesn't mean they're crazy! Geez, if that was the case I'd have been committed long ago! Sorry I don't have any real advice for you. It's just mind-boggling that her parents are doing that to her! (((JamJar and her friend)))

------------------
"Begin doing what you want to do now. We are not living in
eternity. We have only this moment, sparkling like a star
in our hand and melting like a snowflake."
--Marie Beyon Ray

Well I think that's stupid. I'm sorry to hear about that... I hope the people at the school are smarter.

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Back
Top Bottom