"What do you mean I share a common ancestor with Bono?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OrARoundabout

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
^Thats what my friend said today when we read this article on MSN today LOLOLO! (She's a big fan...and has gorgeous blue eyes)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"People with blue eyes have a single, common ancestor, according to new research.

A team of scientists has tracked down a genetic mutation that leads to blue eyes. The mutation occurred between 6,000 and 10,000 years ago, so before then, there were no blue eyes.

"Originally, we all had brown eyes," said Hans Eiberg from the Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine at the University of Copenhagen."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22934464/wid/11915773?GT1=10815

Unfortunately, I have brown eyes :(

BUT IT'S ALL GOOD! (I'll just admire his!)
943f-1.jpg

Glasses.jpg

:wink: :wink:
Speaking of, why don't you guys post some OF THOSE BIG BLUES!!!!!!

Last edited:
:lmao: :lmao:

I know blue eyes are a recessive charcter in genetics, so for a person to have blue eyes, both parents most have that character in their genes :nerd:

I´m crazy about blue/green eyes :drool:

What the deal with green eyes? Anyone know? I have the same pure green eyes as my dad, not a trace of blue. My older brother got the big, clear blue eyes in this family, damn him. :rant:

But now is for posting photos of a different blue-eyed irish man.

BonoZooEra01.png

Hummmm.....I usually don't go for the rock-star type though....:eyebrow:

BonoHumEra08.jpg

:drool:
Perfect! Exactly how I like my Bono....kinda bored and would rather be somewhere else.
Like with me.:combust:

mutation?? I'll give them mutation...:mad:

No but this is great news!
I'm now sorta kinda related to Bono!

My great great great grandfather's last name was Hewson, which made me wonder if we are realated to Bono, but most likely we arent...but its close enough for me

The Sad Punk said:
Is it known where the original mutation occurred? Europe, Asia Minor, North Africa... ?
NW Black Sea area--so basically Eastern Europe, from what I've read.

Re: green eyes, the mutation that causes those is on a different portion of the genome, and apparently they haven't done such a study on that yet. Green is the rarest of the three 'base' eye colors (brown, blue, green--all other colors are considered grades or mixes of one or more of those three); however, green eyes are distributed through pretty much the same regions of the world that blue eyes are, so *probably* the time and place of the mutation wouldn't be all that different, I'd imagine.

yolland said:

NW Black Sea area--so basically Eastern Europe, from what I've read.

Re: green eyes, the mutation that causes those is on a different portion of the genome, and apparently they haven't done such a study on that yet. Green is the rarest of the three 'base' eye colors (brown, blue, green--all other colors are considered grades or mixes of one or more of those three); however, green eyes are distributed through pretty much the same regions of the world that blue eyes are, so *probably* the time and place of the mutation wouldn't be all that different, I'd imagine.

Woohooo!! I have green eyes!! Makes some sense then. I am of German decent...

I now have hazel eyes, but as a kid I had very dark brown eyes. Isn't that weird? Has anyone ever heard of eye color paling with age?

Yes, I've seen eye color change with age. My daughter had dark steel blue eyes when she was small and now that she is an adult they are a pale greenish-gray color. same with two of her male cousins.

mine started out light brown and became greener and darker as I got older. I have a pretty weird genome though, most of my direct ansestors are from Dublin, Belfast, London and North PA -USA (native american). Guess thats why I'm so mesmerized by blue eyes, all that europe influence.

Mine are green but they're those changey green kind that look different all the time, even blueish.

Dangit. I have hazel, but I've been told that they are brown most of the time but change to a lovely shade of emerald when I'm mad:).

Hopefully I do share an ancestor with Edge....

Both of my parents have brown eyes but mine are a weird shade of green. It's hard to describe, but they're the color of a moss-covered rock. They were blue when I was a little kid, but not anymore.

Edge has green eyes! I've heard that green eyes are kind of rare in men. Is that true? If so, then there's an excuse to scientifically examine Edge. :nerd: :evil:

Val said:
I now have hazel eyes, but as a kid I had very dark brown eyes. Isn't that weird? Has anyone ever heard of eye color paling with age?
Mine have too, I had chestnut brown eyes as a child, now they are a greeny-grey which is technically hazel, but I'm a long way from where I started.

So if all blue eyed people are related, damn that means my husband and my mother (so I am too) are related to his royal hotness. :huh:

yellowshades.jpg

Back
Top Bottom