what do y'all recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
What do y'all use to shave legs? Just a plain ol' razor, or something special? i.e. the "intuition" thing, venus, etc. or do you use something else entirely? i don't like using a regular ol' razor so i was wondering if my fellow PLEBAns have any other suggestions.

Lol. I was thinking about this the other day. I use a normal razor thing. I'm thinking about trying waxing, but :yikes:!

Triple-blade razor, like Venus or men's razors are the best. And I use a moisterizing shaving foam...I get scaly skin if I just use soap. And I use Jergen's Cherry-Almond lotion on my skin, while it's still moist right after I get out of the show to try and keep my skin hydrated, specially in winter. :yikes:

I also like the triple blade 'mens' type razors...I have also found that this 'skintimate' moisturizing after shave lotion is the bomb. It really helps with the skin sensitivity and amazingly enough, makes you really smooth afterwards, it is pretty awesome stuff! Give it a try if you are interested, I think you might like it! ;)

I use a regular Venus and soap lather. I also have double-blade disposables for my arm pits and such, but those blades get dull a lot sooner. I like that weird sticky part on the Venus razors b/c it glides better and doesn't cut as often. I think most of the men's blades are the exact same. My little sis also has a Venus and my bro has a Mach or whatever, and they use eachothers blades interchangeably.

Yeah, I've never used it, but I heard that that Nair stuff sucks, too.

I've never waxed anything, either, and I'm not so sure I want to start...sounds a bit painful. I just use the typical razor, and I just looked to see what kind we have in the bathroom...Bic Lady Shaver is the name of the specific razor here. Does the job for me, so...:shrug:. If you do stick with a razor and want to use that, feel free.

Angela

I gave up the razor when I saw the result a summer-shaving.:| Awful!
So now it's waxing (seriously, it's not that hurting) or the electrical stuff when I'm at home. Moreover hairs grow far less quickly and numerous than after shaving. :up:
And BTW I have an appointment for waxing this afternoon...:yikes: (ok, it's not that hurting, but still!)

Is the Intuition the one w/ the melting lotion thing on it? I tried that, it doesn't last at all.

Venus is supposed to be the best, and I swear by that Skintimate Shave gel. Or Edge :wink: mens gel. Skintimate even has a sepcial one for the bikini area.

I used the Intuition thing for when I travel, it's greaaat cuz you don't have to worry about shaving cream! I actually have had good luck with it.

And waxing, when I can splurge and afford it. Only a quick sting and the smoothness is sooo smooth and lasts quite a while!

cheapo little pink razor... usually I just use the lather from my bath gel, but the skintimate stuff is nice too
My roomie swears by the venus things, I was thinking about getting one when I run out of little pink razors. They're so expensive though.

I would wax if I could afford it.
If I lived on the coast I would definately wax certain areas...

Intuition is great for tiny showers - esp when you need to 'do' your legs. But it's not a still not patch on the result you get from a Venus razor, shaving gel and an application of baby oil after.

I tried Nair and it was a disaster. It really irritated my skin. There's a milder agent called epil-stop that you just apply and then rub off. It's pretty good. They sell it at Walgreen's.

Back
Top Bottom