What Are You Looking For 7

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Kay had thought she was used to being in downtown New York traffic, but this was a whole new experience for her. She was sitting in the passenger side of Bono's sleek black Mercedes, compulsively checking to be sure her seat belt was still fastened and clinging to her seat as Bono weaved impatiently through the streets.

"These crazy drivers out here, I tell ya." Bono looked over and smiled.

Kay could only muster a nervous laugh. She wanted to scream at him to pay attention. She wasn't sure whether she meant the road or herself.

Kay glanced over to watch Bono fidgeting with the radio dials, willing him to just put both hands on the wheel and look forward. Despite Kay's anxiety, she found herself studying his face....the way he kept mussing up his hair and how it seemed to stubbornly fall where it wanted...what seemed to be a tiny little scar etched across his chin...his strong jawline that blended into that fleshy neck...Get your mind out of the gutter, Kay, what's wrong with you! Acting like a spaz over a rock star! Kay shook her head at the thought of how silly she was thinking.

"So...er...where are we going?"

Bono laughed. "You and your questions again! How about you answering one of mine?"

"What's that?" Kay felt a quick flutter in her chest, unsure of what she was getting herself into.

"I know I'm not the best dancer in the world but why is it that you ran off like you did that night?"

Kay's mind flooded again with the thought of her dance with Bono. The way his hand felt on the back of her neck, the way his fingers teased her skin and how close he had come to touching his lips to hers....It had been the best dance of her life, one that she wished had never ended. Kay's ears began to burn at the thought and her cheeks felt a rush of warmth.

"Oh I'm sure you were really dissapointed," Kay said flippantly. "I mean entertaining supermodels and partying with other famous people sounds so boring and all..."

Bono,genuinely amused by the teasing, leaned onto the armrest, rubbing his chin and badly trying to conceal a smirk. Kay felt a sense of satisfaction with her answer, realizing she was getting over her intial nervousness...

Bono changed the topic quickly.

"Hey, that boy Zach. How long has he been at Thompson's?"

"For most of the year. The orphanage handed him over to us at the AIDS clinic once they realized he was sick and his foster family didn't want to care for him any longer and nobody else would take him."

Bono looked over quickly. "He's an orphan? Shite, I didn't know that..." His voice trailed off.

Kay swallowed hard. She remembered her own sense of disbelief at the family's unwillingness to have someone with AIDS in thier home...they had refused any part of outpatient care and insisted they could no longer have him in thier home.

"The stigma of AIDS is terrible. People can be so ignorant and forget to show any compassion...." Kay's voice trembled with emotion and she could feel a surge of tears in her eyes. Kay quickly turned her head away and looked out the window. Calm down. He's going to think you're a lunatic getting all weepy like this

Kay felt a hand on her leg. Startled, she looked down and saw Bono's hand tentatively placed there, gently offering assurance. Glancing over she could see Bono giving her a sympathic look that seemed to say, It's ok, I understand.

"I'm sorry." Kay stammered, nervous again. "I didn't mean to be a bummer. I just feel so helpless about it all sometimes. I mean I do what I can but when I see all I'm up against...sometimes it just gets me."

Bono moved his hand back and ran it quickly through his hair. For a moment, Kay could have sworn she saw a look of sadness.

"Oh shite." Bono whipped his head over his right shoulder. "I just missed our turn! Ah, let's just go down here...we're almost there."

"But that's a one way street,"Kay protested, pointing to the upcoming sign. "See? You can't go down there."

"Ah, but I am a foreigner! I can alway plead stupidity!" Bono flashed a mischeivious smile that reminded Kay of The Fly and quickly cut the wheel before Kay could argue against it any further.

The tires squealed as the Mercedes flew into the empty street, and Bono accelerated to regain traction. Kay let out a scream as she grabbed onto Bono's arm and they both laughed at the sound of her shriek.

A few moments later Bono turned into a parking lot and backed his car into a space.

Kay looked around and recognized were they were. "This is the Park of Roses....I haven't been here since..."

Kay stopped. She hadn't been to this park since her father passed away. He had always taken her and she hadn't visited the park once he became ill....she realized at that moment how much she had missed it.

"I haven't been here in a long time." Kay finished her sentence quickly.

"Well, it's good to know I found the place because this is where I was aiming for." Bono teased, turning off the ignition and opening his door.

For a split second Kay panicked. Do I open the door? Should I wait for him to? Are we even staying here?! What am I doing?! Kay chided herself and decided to quickly open the door and jump out, just as she saw Bono coming around her side. Ah fuck, he was going to open my door, now I probably offended him. Wait, why do I care? Ah, breathe!

"Are you finally going to tell me what's going on?" Kay mustered her courage to not let on to her inner turmoil. "Or am I going to have to start wondering whether or not you kidnapped me?"

"You'll see." Bono said cryptically. "We're heading over that hill right there...c'mon."

As they reached the top of the hill Kay looked down and saw what looked to her like a photo shoot set....cameras set up on tripods, light panels everywhere, a small trailer and people were scurrying around. A figure down below waved at the two standing on the hill and came running up.

"Ah Bono! You're 45 minutes late! That's good for you, I was expecting much worse." The man clapped Bono on the back and shook his hand.

The man suddenly seemed to realize Kay was there and he instantly smiled.

"This is her, isn't it?" He said, walking over to reach for Kay's hand. "It is! How wonderful!"

Kay smiled anxiously as the man shook her hand. She hadn't a clue who he was or why he seemed to know her. Bono seemed to notice her confusion and quickly placed a hand on the small of her back.

"This is Anton Corbijn, he's the band's photographer. Anton, this is Kay, our own little angel of Harlem here."

Oh God, the way he just said my name...

"Nice to meet you." Kay managed to form a coherent sentence.

"Well, I'm sure you're all ready to go. Let's get you two set up, shall we?" Anton said, beginning to head back down the hill and giving them a wave of his hand.

"Set up? For what?" Kay shot Bono a look.

What did he get me into?

Bono, clearly very pleased with himself, slid his sunglasses on and grinned from ear to ear.

"If you had gone backstage you would have known that the two of us were a big hit. That's all anyone talked about the whole night--that song. Anton has done nothing but insist getting us on film, so here we are!"

Kay was utterly shocked. And terrified. Why on earth would anyone want to photograph me? Photograph me with Bono of all people. I'm not a model....oh dear God help me...

"What?! I can't! Are you crazy? Why didn't you tell me?!"

Bono teasingly wagged a finger at Kay. "I would have been crazy if I told you. Then you wouldn't have come, am I right?"

"Yes." Kay stubbornly retorted.

"Well, I'm a little devil aren't I?" Bono purred in the low recognizable voice of MacPhisto.

Last edited:
Ok so I need some feeback on the direction this is heading in girlies, not the next part or anything, but the story as a whole....advice peez. :D

a) Is the part about Kay's father subtle enough? There is going to be something about him that's kinda important to what makes Kay the way she is and I don't want to expose that yet so I tried to make his "appearance" in here kind of vague....in other words, Can you tell where I might be going with that or not sure yet? If that makes any sense. :huh:

b)Secondly, there is the Jamie Issue. Kay is an engaged woman cavorting with a rock star while her finacee is out of town! :wink: So obviously there is eventually going to be a confrontation...would Jamie finding out about these shenanigans through a secondary source such as say perhaps the media be too cheesy or just right? Also, do we think there should be some sort of tension between Jamie and Bono or should I just get Jamie out of the picture ASAP?

c)Any other glaring problems in my writing, please let me know...

Last edited:
I would really love to see there be tension between jamie and bono. of course bono is the winner in the end:wink:

Im thinking on the other question right now.
the getting input from the readers thing is pretty cool isnt it?:D
wish i thought it up myself

u2bonogirl said:
I would really love to see there be tension between jamie and bono. of course bono is the winner in the end:wink:

the getting input from the readers thing is pretty cool isnt it?:D
wish i thought it up myself

:hmm: Thinking of a Bono vs. Jamie scuffle of sorts....or maybe I'd just have Larry kicking some ass...:laugh:

Yeah! Everyone else better throw their two cents in!!! :D

starsgoblue said:
Ok so I need some feeback on the direction this is heading in girlies, not the next part or anything, but the story as a whole....advice peez. :D

a) Is the part about Kay's father subtle enough? There is going to be something about him that's kinda important to what makes Kay the way she is and I don't want to expose that yet so I tried to make his "appearance" in here kind of vague....in other words, Can you tell where I might be going with that or not sure yet? If that makes any sense. :huh:

b)Secondly, there is the Jamie Issue. Kay is an engaged woman cavorting with a rock star while her finacee is out of town! :wink: So obviously there is eventually going to be a confrontation...would Jamie finding out about these shenanigans through a secondary source such as say perhaps the media be too cheesy or just right? Also, do we think there should be some sort of tension between Jamie and Bono or should I just get Jamie out of the picture ASAP?

c)Any other glaring problems in my writing, please let me know...

Ok, here are my humble opinions:

a) As of right now, I haven't a clue where you are headed with Kay's father. I don't know if that is what you intended or not. Am I answering the question correctly? Is that what you were asking?

b) Jamie finding about Kay & Bono could ligitambly (it's late, I'm tired & too lazy to spell check that) happen via the media. There are other ways he could find out as well, but it could happen as you suggested with the media. And yes, I think there should be some tension between Jamie & Bono. Kay is engaged and even though she confessed that she didn't love Jamie, I think she would be a bit slow to just dump him. I think out of loyalty she would try to work things out even if he isn't what she needs. As she spends more time with Bono, she will realize that Jamie is not the direction she needs to take in her life.

c) I don't see any glaring errors in your writing.

I hoped that helped. But, then, you don't see me writing any fan fic either so I don't know if my opinion is worth much.

a) As of right now, I haven't a clue where you are headed with Kay's father. I don't know if that is what you intended or not. Am I answering the question correctly? Is that what you were asking?

Yeah, it is. :D

b) Jamie finding about Kay & Bono could ligitambly (it's late, I'm tired & too lazy to spell check that) happen via the media.

Kay is engaged and even though she confessed that she didn't love Jamie, I think she would be a bit slow to just dump him. I think out of loyalty she would try to work things out even if he isn't what she needs.

I agree with you there.

c) I don't see any glaring errors in your writing.
You're just being nice! :p Thanks.

I hoped that helped. But, then, you don't see me writing any fan fic either so I don't know if my opinion is worth much. [/B]
It's worth ALOT! :hug:

As for the father issue - I have no idea. I've just got in from work and my brain has imploded :wink:

About Jamie - I don't think it would be cheesy for him to find out via the media... it may be a tiny bit 'predictable', but thats OK because it's the most LIKELY way he's going to find out. I don't see Kay telling him somehow.
I'd enjoy a bit of tension between Bono and Jamie, yeah!
I want them to fight for her! hehehe

Lucy3011 said:

About Jamie - I don't think it would be cheesy for him to find out via the media... it may be a tiny bit 'predictable', but thats OK because it's the most LIKELY way he's going to find out. I don't see Kay telling him somehow.
I'd enjoy a bit of tension between Bono and Jamie, yeah!
I want them to fight for her! hehehe

:hmm: Here's what I'm thinking...without trying to give away too much. How's about Jamie taking Kay out to a really nice restaurant when he gets back (to make up for blowing off her bday) and "someone" sends over a bottle of Dom Perigion to stir the pot as that "someone" happens to be at the restaurant as well? :eyebrow:

aHH! I think that would be really good.

And yeah, I don't know where the father thing is going either (is that good or bad?)

And it's your writing, you can do what you want (and it's good!) so there are no errors :hug:

starsgoblue said:

:hmm: Here's what I'm thinking...without trying to give away too much. How's about Jamie taking Kay out to a really nice restaurant when he gets back (to make up for blowing off her bday) and "someone" sends over a bottle of Dom Perigion to stir the pot as that "someone" happens to be at the restaurant as well? :eyebrow:

I like the idea of "someone" being at the restaurant and sending over a bottle of Dom Perigion. :yes:

Lucy3011 said:
I dunno....I mean....why would he want to make things awkward for her?

Maybe it won't be about trying to make things awkward for her, but just a nice jesture that originally doesn't have anything malicious behind it.

Well, the way I see it...there would be an oppurtunity to bring what's going on between B and Kay to light...with Kay feeling torn because she's attracted to B and yet she feels a strong sense of loyalty to Jamie. B and Kay could have some sort of argument where Bono can make known that he's seen the "confession"--you guys remember that confessional?--and therefore kind of forces the issue to be dealt with rather than letting Kay run away from it. Plus it could cause one of those lovely fights that are really just underlying sexual tension...:sexywink:

Make any sense? :eyebrow:

I have to say, I am REALLY enjoying reading all your thoughts about this story....it really helps me focus and it's wicked fun to hear the feedback. :D

starsgoblue said:
Well, the way I see it...there would be an oppurtunity to bring what's going on between B and Kay to light...with Kay feeling torn because she's attracted to B and yet she feels a strong sense of loyalty to Jamie. B and Kay could have some sort of argument where Bono can make known that he's seen the "confession"--you guys remember that confessional?--and therefore kind of forces the issue to be dealt with rather than letting Kay run away from it. Plus it could cause one of those lovely fights that are really just underlying sexual tension...:sexywink:

Make any sense? :eyebrow:
Sure does!

I was wondering when that confession would be brought up again!

yeah I agree with your assessment, bring on the confessional!!!!

I've already commented, so I'm just going to say that whatever direction you go, I'm sure it will be great. Oh, and I'm ready to read the next chapter. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom