What about being a good fan....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
.... and stop emailing interference staff and PM staff to know what are the band's plans? :huh:

i heard that some "fans" are writing mails to people from interference and they ask them if the band is gonna stay in dublin or going abroad, if they will be at the studios when they will be there too blahblahblah.... :rolleyes: (i received some emails like this too) some people even threatened some of the people working at interference cos they didnot want to give them the information :shocked:

and some people send mails to Principle Management or call them, and ask them the same things. I can understand that fans want to know if they band will be there, but you know, now, every minute someone is calling the management and is really becoming annoying.
Some of them say that they are from interference, or someone from the staff :eyebrow: and in that case, bad reputation is going to be linked with interference!!! the interference staff is working hard to get information for us, and cos of these "fans", what is PM thinking about us now?? :madspit:

so pleeeease, do not call, or mail PM to ask some stuff like this. And the interference staff (or me) have no idea about the plans of the band :sad:

i know some of u just wanted to save their money, but u know, there are lots of BAD fans, and they just followed the example of real fans who did it before with good intentions, without wanting to piss PM off. But now, some stupid people are doing it for stupid reasons:mad:

and u know, going to the studios without knowing if they are there or not is part of the fun :hyper: u go there, u wait, then u see nobody is coming, but u were there at least, and there are sooo many other U2 places to see :yes:

so i am just begging those bad fans, please stop!! cos it is really bad perceived by the U2 staff

oh, and one more thing, anyway, PM won't give u the right information, espacially now that everybody is calling... one day, i was in dublin, and i heard they were in germany for 6months, in NYC, in france for the holidays, but actually, they were in dublin, so :no:

Last edited:
Okay , I think the basic point here is that as fans we all know and are smart enough i hope to respect Principle Management and the privacy of the band.. PM busy as they are and although I am sure to like hear from fans on an odd basis also have to look after the best intrest of U2, like I mentioned in a previous post.. Thats where my point of view comes from .. And to the person who may have e-mailed me about " my so called responsibility to provide fans with info" I wont include the rest of what they said..
Here is the thing I dont have any personal info about the band , contact information or otherwise and even if I did would not be in a position to provide it to anyone.. Thats not what I am involved with Interference for, I respect the band and admire the music and I try to do right by that sometimes I guess I upset people , I love being able to bring the stories to the fans but I don't enjoy hearing from the odd fan who puts a damper on things..

I know how much many of us want to meet these guys, but there is way of doing that without crossing the line.. These guys they are people just like the rest of us I just hope we can all respect that ..

and miss U2 thanks for your post

Last edited:
This really is a bad thing to hear!!!
I mean first its "fans" chase Larry in his car, and then calling/emailing PM and other people and annoying them with their questions... :huh:
Where is this leading to?

I was in Dublin twice last year, and I didn't meet any member of U2.
BUT just being there still was worth every minute.
It was all about the spirit I could feel in that city and at the various locations releated to U2.
Just standing in front of the studios made me happy enough, thinking about the fact that albums like Pop or ALTCLB were recorded there...
Sure meeting anyone would have made me the happiest person on the planet ;) , but imo going to Dublin isn't "only" about the possibility to meet U2; it's about so much more!!!
(like meeting fellow U2 fans there :wink:, :hug: emilie)

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. Once you start calling PM that's a bit far. And I agree the fun part is waiting to see if they show up. There was one time where nobody showed up. We were a tad disappointed but it was fun just hanging out with eachother.

:up: Thanks Emilie for writing that. Cos if you piss PM and the band off who knows...maybe then the band will never come out again :huh: And we defintely don't want that.

I completely agree with you :bow: Long distance stalking is too much. From what I've heard about some stars, they do include persistant calling and emailing of their manager or agent to be a form of stalking and harrassment. Calling PM only makes you look like a pest, makes us all look bad, and they are not going to tell you the truth anyway, it will only give them more reasons to lie to fans! I hate to see threads called "what is their email" or "PM's phone number" :rolleyes: The management dislikes fans who are that agressive, and remember Larry's sister is one of the people in charge, and we all know how Larry feels about fans like that, so that should tell you something.

Last edited:
I can't understand why anyone would call PM in the first place. If they do call I don't get why they would think that PM would give them the correct info.

If you have the time and the money to go to Dublin then just go and enjoy your trip! Don't worry about whether or not U2 is going to be at the studio. Sure it would be great to meet them but when I do get the chance to go to Dublin I'm not going to base it on whether or not U2 is in town. There is so much to see and do that I think I'd get over not meeting them at the studio.

Thanks for your post miss-U2! :hug:

This is all very much like this recent thread:
http://forum.interference.com/t89783.html

I am very disheartened to learn that fans are bothering PM, but also claiming to be Interference staffers. The Staff works harder for you guys than you can imagine trying to get good stories and events coverage, and create good relationships with various outlets to ensure we get the latest information. Once privacy is breached, it wastes all of our hard work, and ruins Interference's reputation as a great website, zine and community. I'm really hoping that the situation isn't as sad as I think it is, because for the past two years, I've worked at this website like a second job for you guys, and we have big plans for the next year that could very well be ruined now.

Right, I can't believe anybody would think they would give you that private info. If they did that they would have hundreds of people at the studio all the time. They also never know if it's a crazy person who might want to hurt the band too.

I have to second what Carrie said.. Being the rookie on staff I know just how hard this team works.. It takes a great deal of energy and work to build up what they have over the years .. and we do it for the fans to bring this to you guys .. I now how much time I spend alone trying to make this work the best I can and it really does take the time of a second job you know.. I think you guys should be aware just how hard these folks work.. So yes it is disheartening to think that work could be put in jeopardy through careless fans.. You just don't like to say that ..we dont want to have to spend time back peddling and trying to mend fences that we shouldnt have to..

The more everyone resects that the better things you will see from Interference in the year to come, it just makes what we do that much harder if we have to keep re-establishing our reputation

I'd be scared to death to call PM in the first place LOL :huh: (*edited to say*) to ask if they're going to be in Dublin or not. I would think they'd hang up on me if I asked that.

*edited again LOL*

Even when we walked by Principle Management on our way to the studios we wouldn't want to peek in or anything cos we thought i'd be disrespectful to do that.

Last edited:
Vampira said:
Long distance stalking is too much.

Exactly. That's why I hide in the bushes right outside their houses. ;)

Seriously. I can't believe people would go to such lows just to meet a band. :tsk:

grr....
the idea that people are not only being pains in the ass, but doing it claiming to be from Interference when they're not.....

that's beyond selfish and disrespectful.
:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

I hope the people busting their behinds for this site and this community are able to let PM know that it's certainly NOT any of their staffers pulling this classless BS.... none of you deserve that kind of crap in return for giving us all this place to go!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Right I have read this post twice now and to say that I am fuming is an understatement!!

I have no idea who the people are involved but when I made the ONE phone call I was put through to someone from the U2 Managment team who was very nice and SHE asked me what date we would be there. Thats when she told me they would be recording abroad.

How on earth this is LONG DISTANCE STALKING!!!! I have no idea stalking is sitting outside the studios for hours on end days on end!!!!

To put the record straight I DID NOT say that I was anything to do with Intereference why on earth would anyone say that? At the end of the day it may be an excellent site but its only a fan site along with thousands of others.

Some of you need to think about what you post and by the way I am not nor are any of my friends bad U2 fans!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

To put the record straight I DID NOT say that I was anything to do with Intereference why on earth would anyone say that? At the end of the day it may be an excellent site but its only a fan site along with thousands of others.

Bono's Tart .. nobody said this post was about you , certainly my comments were not directed at you at all.. The person mine were directed to know who they are so.. so no need for you to take this as a statement towards you..

why did you seem to think it was ??

As to this is only a fan site with thousands of others maybe you can visit other sites . However the people here do work hard to create a reputation I don't think anyone should undermind that at all.. It takes alot of work to run this machine .. how would you feel if you thought your name was being dragged through the mud

Again nobody once mentioned you.(unless I am mistaken)

Last edited:
Bono's Tart said:

Some of you need to think about what you post and by the way I am not nor are any of my friends bad U2 fans!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Actually you are incorrect - Interference.com is a Zine, News site and the biggest online U2 community. We do far more for fans than most U2 fan sites do. I can only think of 2 other U2 websites that work as hard. A fan site is a personal webpage created by a fan - Interference is FAR more than that, and has been for a long, long time.

PM is not a travel agency. Fans should not call PM asking if the band will be in town.

This is to Bono's Tart....I saw your thread the other day and didn't think anything of it other than PM probably just told you whatever because I'm sure they get tons of phone calls like yours all the time.

When I read Emilie's post this morning I didn't even think about your thread from the other day. There's tons of people that have said they've called up PM to find out info on the new album and the band so I honestly didn't pay too much attention to the other thread. No one has mentioned your name so I don't think it's something for you to get offended by. No one here has pointed the finger at you so it's not something to get all worked up about.

DISCLAIMER: Before anyone gets angry at me I am just posting this for good fun and not aiming it at anyone. :hug:

MG: *dials*

PM: Hello Principle Management?

MG: Yes I'd like to make a reservation please.

PM: Excuse me?

MG: Yes i'd like to make a reservation to sit on the bench outside the studio please.

PM: Miss...we...I don't understand...

MG: *snarls* I told you I need a reservation on the bench. I don't want to miss my spot.

PM: *to coworker* This girl is nuts.

MG: Hey I heard you!

PM: Miss i'm sorry but I don't understand at all.

MG: Fine! I'll just sit at the bench and hope that nobody is in my spot then! *bootin flies off shirt bounces off wall and hits the phone breaking it* Damn!

arw9797 said:
This is to Bono's Tart....I saw your thread the other day and didn't think anything of it other than PM probably just told you whatever because I'm sure they get tons of phone calls like yours all the time.

When I read Emilie's post this morning I didn't even think about your thread from the other day. There's tons of people that have said they've called up PM to find out info on the new album and the band so I honestly didn't pay too much attention to the other thread. No one has mentioned your name so I don't think it's something for you to get offended by. No one here has pointed the finger at you so it's not something to get all worked up about.

Exactly.

My aggravation is that Interference's reputation could be on the line for future plans because of less than honorable intentions by other fans, not you - Bono's Tart.

First, Carrie is right, as always. :up: Whomever is calling up pretending to work for this site (and I no one is blaming anyone on PLEBA I don't think) hurts the chances of everybody and gives the site a bad name so that when the real staff ask something they won't bother to give it time or respect the name of Interference.com.That is sad, and unfair to the site, its admin. and staff, and all the loyal members.

I would never contact them because I'm somebody who fears rejection and is afraid I'm 'bugging' somebody, and I don't think they would give out the band's personal plans anyway. The band are not just a band, they are people, with lives, families, and other stuff to do and that should be respected. If we happen to hear in a news story Bono will be at such and such a dinner, or awards show, or one of our members in Dublin knows they're in the studio that week because they've seen the cars, then it is okay to try to meet him/them there. But please leave PM alone everybody, for all of our own goods including your own. The worst thing that could happen to us is to get Interferencers labeled as a bunch of overanxious pushy hounds. I don't believe they would be rude to anyone on the phone. That's not businesslike for any office. But that does not mean they are happy with questions or give any random person information about the wherabouts of Bono, Larry, Edge or Adam.

The best thing is that this forum can be and has been a source of information for the fans- we have people who search the interent every day for any news, pics or breaking stories on the band. If anything is to be known, it will be here. We should all be proud of that. We also have several members who live in Dublin- both Irish people and internationals. The best thing to do is read the forum, watch the 'Band Meetings' forum, PLEBA, and of course our great NEWS FORUM, because anything any of us know will be there. Please everybody do not go messing with HQ, it can't help, only hurt.

That being said, I am going to confess to everyone that I am one of those people who would be absolutely devastated, crushed and inconsolable if I were to go to Dublin and find out the band was not in town and I had no chance to meet them. BUT, I have never, and would never, call, email or even write PM. I'd feel like a nuisance and be too embarrassed. If I do ever go I will use this forum for a source in the ways I mentioned in the previous paragraph. If I went, it would be for the purpose of trying to meet the band to tell them finally how much they mean to me and have my special moment I've waited so long for. No, the 'other U2 sites' and the city itself is not why I'm going. That's a bonus but it would in no way make up for my disappointment at missing the band. Why? Because I have the kind of life where I don't get a chance to do things like that, I live paycheck to paycheck, no savings, no more credit. So if I did miraculously get the money to go, I would want it to pay off. It would be my once in a lifetime chance. I've had too many disappointments in my long years of being a fan to even try if I didn't have a chance to see them. But since I don't have money and time, and I have a dreadful fear of flying, I won't be going anyway. There is always the next tour, or some other time Bono comes to the US for something.

DISCLAIMER: This is not directed at *anyone*. This is just a statement about being a U2 fan. That's all.
This sucks. It's embarrassing for U2 fans all over to have nut cases calling PM like this. It sucks that they are falsely claiming to represent Interference to try to get news. The fact of the matter is that we'll know something is definite the minute it's actually planned, not when it's still an idea that hasn't been finalized. It'd be irresponsible and dishonest to put statements out about stuff that hasn't been finalized and it's not going to happen. I'm sure U2 are used to nutty fans. But that doesn't make what these people are doing right. :mad: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:
wild honey 7 said:
Sure meeting anyone would have made me the happiest person on the planet ;) , but imo going to Dublin isn't "only" about the possibility to meet U2; it's about so much more!!!
(like meeting fellow U2 fans there :wink:, :hug: emilie)

:yes:

Actually, someday when I hopefully have enough money saved up to go to Dublin, I hope Emilie, Hanover, and other fans are still there. Your post are always so much fun to read, I want to hang out with you :lol: even if we don't meet the band :)

:hug: interference staffers :hug: Thank you for all the hard work :up:

Last edited:
After reading some of my thoughts above, I want to apologize to Bono's Tart, or anyone else who felt I was being insulting. From what I know, everything is hearsay at this point about people 'impersonating' Interference staffers.

To cynics, yes, I know Interference is just a website. But the Staff loves ALL of you, and we do this work for you, and only you. We have so many great plans in place for you guys and the website, and when rumors arise that reputations could possibly be on the line, it's tough and hard to tell what to do next.

HelloAngel said:

Exactly.

My aggravation is that Interference's reputation could be on the line for future plans because of less than honorable intentions by other fans, not you - Bono's Tart.

That's what I was trying to say.

My, I do go on, don't I? (as Bono says about himself too)

HelloAngel said:

Actually you are incorrect - Interference.com is a Zine, News site and the biggest online U2 community. We do far more for fans than most U2 fan sites do. I can only think of 2 other U2 websites that work as hard. A fan site is a personal webpage created by a fan - Interference is FAR more than that, and has been for a long, long time.

PM is not a travel agency. Fans should not call PM asking if the band will be in town.

Ok its a Zine but I wasnt making any comment about the amount of work that goes into this site thats quite apparent. If people are calling saying they are staff from here then if you know who they are they should be banned from using the site, along with anyone sending abusive emails.

I still find it odd though that you all seem to think that calling/emailing the management company is something new? I'm sure that they are well used to it and do have some standard responses but I find it hard to believe that they lie all the time which seems to be whats being implied here.
There are people on this site and others who have done petitions and christmas/birthday cards and emailed those , is that ok?

Calling PM never occured to me before and its not something I would do on a whim I had a personal reason to do it, in view of which we are now going over sooner.

As for it not being directed at me well you all obviously know otherwise but it certainly wasnt clear by the tone of this thread. If its one thing I now know I wont be posting any other info I get, its not worth all the hassle which is sad as I thought the idea was sharing info.

Apparently not.

Back
Top Bottom