What a daddy!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flaming june

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I was watching an interview from the Zoo era today where Bono was saying that, while on tour, he used to communicate with his kids via fax... Well, the thing is that he sent Jordan and Eve a message telling them that his Fly shades were magical, and that whenever he missed them, he put them on and he could see them. That way, if they happened to see him in a newspaper or something wearing the shades, they would know he was thinking about them... Tell me that's not the sweetest thing ever??? :heart: :bono: :heart:

Do you have any other sweet, Father's Day related U2 anecdotes, quotes, pics, etc...?

Aw flaming june, that is the SWEETEST story :combust:

ed-morl2.jpg

ad-brian.jpg

bo-ali-eli.jpg

la-family.jpg

awwwwww :combust: how sweet!

I remember that phone call interview tthing where they asked Bono abouthis youngest son's birth and he told them that Ali had to drive to the hospital because he was too nervous to do so (yeah sure, i bet Ali just kew he couldn't drive :tongue: ) and then when he finally held his new born baby, he had to laugh because the instance John saw him, he just yawned and fell asleep. :cute:

:laugh: :cute: :love:

omg i love this thread already! FJ, that's the BEST story ever thanks for sharing!! :applaud:

bny_girls.jpg

bono_family.jpg

We need that picture of Bono & Ali & the girls from recently.. Oscars or something?

Last edited:
I love the story of Bono bringing the girls up onstage in Paris
daughter.jpg

And he says to them: "Don't be shy. Why are you so shy?"
7-26-01 Paris :)

and this was the cutest thing ever to hear:
"Hellllooooo, we're on holidaaaay. Daddy, if that's you, we're not coming home until you take the horns off! Byeeeeee!"
-Jordan, Bono's four-year old, on Bono's home answering machine (called during concert 8/27/93) :mac: :heart:

:wave:

Found another one. I've posted it before, but I love it:

Bono, before The Fly - Elevation (don't know the exact date)

You walk into a sportshall...
The lights go down...
You see a little girl...
And she's your girl...
And it's her birthday today...
Copenhagen, yeah...And her name is Eve...
And she is into two digits...
She's ten...
No matter what or when...
I'm gonna love this girl...
'Cause love...
You shine like a burning star......

:sad: This one makes me teary eyed...

flaming june said:
:wave:

Found another one. I've posted it before, but I love it:

Bono, before The Fly - Elevation (don't know the exact date)

You walk into a sportshall...
The lights go down...
You see a little girl...
And she's your girl...
And it's her birthday today...
Copenhagen, yeah...And her name is Eve...
And she is into two digits...
She's ten...
No matter what or when...
I'm gonna love this girl...
'Cause love...
You shine like a burning star......

:sad: This one makes me teary eyed...

awww :cute:

And another one... :wink:

MAX: I heard you talking about your father a lot but I never heard you talking about your kids. You don't like talking about your kids?
Bono: Generally my wife Ali is very private and she tries to keep all this away from them. She's concerned for them I suppose. But I would love to talk about them. You shouldn't ask because then I keep talking about them.
Larry: Don't get him started on Barbie.
Bono: Hahaha, that's right. I got two girls, Hollywood and Hollyweird we call them, it's like a princess and a punk rock, it's fantastic.

flaming june said:
And another one... :wink:

MAX: I heard you talking about your father a lot but I never heard you talking about your kids. You don't like talking about your kids?
Bono: Generally my wife Ali is very private and she tries to keep all this away from them. She's concerned for them I suppose. But I would love to talk about them. You shouldn't ask because then I keep talking about them.
Larry: Don't get him started on Barbie.
Bono: Hahaha, that's right. I got two girls, Hollywood and Hollyweird we call them, it's like a princess and a punk rock, it's fantastic.

:up: :cute:

Awww... Eli looks so much like Ali... at least in my opinion...but Adam was an adorable little boy... :)

MrsSpringsteen said:

Not to change the topic at hand...but do Baby Larry and Baby Adam have the same sandles on? :scratch: :confused:

They look very similar to me. :cute:

And Adam looks like he was such a happy little boy, hehe. :hug: :adam:

Back
Top Bottom