We're with you, "US" Girls...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Scarlet*

The Fly
Be strong, be strong, girls...
I know it's terrible, just terrible...I'm in Italy, I'm so far from the tragedy, but I'm shaking, I'm afraid, I don't believe what I see. I want to know I'm praying for you, I hope that all will be good, I think of you as you were my sisters. Be strong, the sun will shine again, tomorrow...

Thank you Scarlet. We really appreciate your support. It's nice to know that we have sisters across the world like you. Personally, I am proud to call everyone here a sister. Let's come together with this and pray.

------------------
"From an artist's point of view, failure is where you get your best material." -Bono

My feeble attempt at a website:
Rattle And Hum

I'm with you from Sweden....

I'm at work and have the TV on and have a hard time to concentrate. A friend of mine sitting infront of me has a friend working in WTC. He?s scared as h**l... Can't get in contact with him either since the phones are out of work.
I'm thinking of you!!!

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"That's ok, in Sweden we don't wear underpants" ~ Bono, June 11th -92, Stockholm, Globen

"The only thing louder then a U2 gig is the people who comes to a U2 gig" ~Bono

Thanks so much for your support-we think of you as our sisters too. I am just sitting here after crying all morning. Now I am in stunned shock. There are no words to express how I feel right now.

All I can come up with is-"When will this madness EVER end?"

I am so frightened of what is yet to come.

...we get to carry each other

You're right, Gina Maire...we get to carry each other...because all the world is in danger...
We have to be strong...and hope...

I am speechless...nothing has ever come close to being so close to home before. It's like America has been shut down completely.

Thank you for the prayers, I am praying for everyone here, no matter where you are.

frown.gif

*stay safe tonight*

Thank you to all you PLEBA ladies! It truly comforts me here in the US.

I posted this on another message board, but thought I should post it here too.

I don't know how many people here have heard, but there have been a few apparent terrorist attacks against the US today and it is very scary.

This morning, two planes crashed into the World Trade Center in NYC, aka the Twin Towers. Now, there was a terrorist attack there in '93 as well. This is a terrorist attack, or so says earliest reports. 40,000 people work there. And it's not just them. Apparently, one of the towers collapsed (not sure if it was the entire building or what, news is sketchy) so there are people on the streets, etc.

We all know several of the bandmates have places in NYC and friends and an office. But guys, I have family who live out there and I ask for your prayers. Unfortunately, I am not too certain where in the city they work. I have an uncle out there, and three cousins and I am praying for their safety. Even if they aren't near the building, it is chaos there with all the planes delayed and no usage of tunnels and bridges.

To top that off, another terrorist attack happened at the Pentagon in Washington, DC today. Injuries have been reported, to what extent, not sure. This is crazy. And scary. I don't know what people think of our President, but I hope no one [here] wishes him any ill will. I have a very good friend, Kevin who is out there in college in DC and I'm concerned for his safety as well.

Well, that's it. God Bless.

tania

Peace on Earth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven on Earth
We need it now
I'm sick of all of this
Hanging around

Sick of sorrow
I'm sick of the pain
I'm sick of hearing
Again and again
That there's gonna be
Peace on Earth

Where I grew up
There weren't many trees
Where there was we'd tear them down
And use them on our enemies

They say that what you mock
Will surely overtake you
And you become a monster
So the monster will not break you

And it's already gone too far
Who said that if you go in hard
You won't get hurt

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

Tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

No whos or whys
No one cries like a mother cries
For peace on Earth

She never got to say goodbye
To see the color in his eyes
Now he's in the dirt
Peace on Earth

They're reading names out
Over the radio
All the folks the rest of us
Won't get to know

Sean and Julia
Gareth, Ann, and Breda
Their lives are bigger than
Any big idea

Jesus can you take the time
To throw a drowning man a line
Peace on Earth

To tell the ones who hear no sound
Whose sons are living in the ground
Peace on Earth

Jesus in this song you wrote
The words are sticking in my throat
Peace on Earth

Hear it every Christmas time
But hope and history won't rhyme
So what's it worth

This peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth
Peace on Earth

Amen

tania

I'm sick...I'm literally sick...

I'm stuck in class...then I have to go to work right after (I'm a student worker at this college)...

I just wanna go home and be with my family...

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

My prayers are with those lost and their families in this terrible time.
frown.gif

Me too...this is just my small note to say I'm thinking of all of you, and words can't express how awful I feel about this. I have been feeling physically ill and shaking all morning. I can't believe what a WASTE and how POINTLESS this is!

This is REALLY close to home, and an example of why you have to live every day as if it were your last.

Meanwhile, I hear that Toronto (where I'm from) is having bomb threats in the subways, which are now being clogged up and evacuated. I think they are also evacuating the CN tower and all the US embassies.
---
And I know it aches and your heart it breaks..you can only take so much....

MistyRose...I saw this, put this song on...read thru the words...and burst into tears.
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'm just shell-shocked right now. I don't even know what I'm feeling. They let us go home from work today because of the tragedy...I've been glued to the TV ever since...I can't even think straight and can barely even (yes) think about U2 right now...even though I was so *giddy* yesterday...but oh SHIT, I just thought about Bono's, Adam's and Larry's NEW YORK homes!!! I wonder if they are okay???????
frown.gif
frown.gif

JESUS CAN YOU TAKE THE TIME???????? Cos we need you now more than ever...

Jesus...WHEN YOU LOOK AT THE WORLD, WHAT IS IT THAT YOU SEE????

PEACE ON EARTH.

PLEASE.

Disco...sad, distraught, mortified beyond belief

Originally posted by mistyrose:
Peace on Earth

This is absolutely horrific...what could possibly possess people to think that their beliefs give them the right to take the lives of thousands of civilians? It's absolutely insane...

The entire continent is almost at a standstill...I know that Ottawa (where I live) has evacuated the government buildings, as well as closed down streets that are located near the American Embassy

My thoughts and prayers are with all those involved in this terrible time

Back
Top Bottom