Well, Saturday's gonna be a blast...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Moonlit_Angel

Blue Crack Addict
In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de
ACT testing for me that day.

I have to be at the testing center by 8:00 am-and it's out of town, about a half hour or so away.

I'm not too worried about the tests-the English one, the reading one, and the science ones don't look like they'll be too bad (I've been looking over the examples of test questions in a booklet that I got-it's basically gonna be like the Iowa Tests of Basic Skills, that's what it looks like). It's the math one that will be the toughest for me.

Basically, the only thing I dread is having to wake up very early on a Saturday morning. That won't be fun.

Anyone else got anything similar to this coming up?

Angela

ughhh good luck!

Get some dunks that always helps me in the morning! :yawn:

I have to take the GRE's sometime soon but I keep avoiding it. :reject:

good luck! for me, science was my worst section by far! which is funny cause i love science and now my major is biology :der:...but it was a lot of reading graphs and tables and answering q's about them...math was my best and easiest, but i've never had a problem with it...just watch the time! i ran out of time on science cause i kept rereading stuff to make sure i knew what was up...

:hug: and don't fall asleep during the test (yes i know ppl who did this...) :)

Thanks, everyone.

Oliveu2-what are GREs? Are those similar to the ACTs or are they something totally different.

I'm not sure what ACT stands for, either, Tabby, so don't feel bad. :).

Stories-heh, I used to love science class when I was little. Now I'm not so fond of it, or at least I haven't been for the last couple of years, because the classes were so hard (biology, anatomy/physiology (THAT class was a real toughie)).

This science test won't be too hard, though, as I said, because basically all it will consist of is looking at graphs and answering questions like, "In which soil did such and such plant grow best?" and things along that line, and reading little paragraphs about one scientific thing and answering questions on what the scientist thinks about said thing. Stuff like that. It's not like I'd have to solve chemical equations or anything (thank god! I hate chemical equations!).

Math will be harder for me, simply because there's some questions on geometry (not my best subject mathwise) and then some on trigonometry, which is a type of math I haven't even taken yet. There's also algebra questions in the test, too, but that won't be hard for me-algebra's pretty easy for me. And I get to use a calculator, so that'll help.

I'll try not to fall asleep, LOL. But I really have no room to complain-I've got a couple of friends who are in Large Group Speech this year, and they're going to a state contest in Sioux City tomorrow, and that's about two hours away from where we live-yeah, they have to actually be at our high school by 4:15 am to board the buses for the trip. They leave at 4:45 am.

Yeouch.

So, yeah, thanks again, everyone, for your support. I think I'll do okay overall, so that's a refreshing thought.

Angela

I hate geometry! I was never good at any math but that was the worst. You'll do great on all of it and we're all pulling for you :up: You can do it! That bus trip might seem like a pain now, but it will probably end up as being an interesting adventure and something you'll always remember! Best wishes! :) Check back in when you get home! :wave:

Good Luck!

I remember dreading the math portion since I absolutely hate math. Geometry was not my friend. I had studied so much for the final in fear of failing that my Mom finally walked up shut the book and said whatever grade I ended up with was fine.

I detest mathematics. I always have. For some reason it really doesn't make any sense to me. What the heck is a number? Anyway, I screwed up big time on the math parts of both the SAT and ACT (I was required to take both, oh, joy) because since when did I not completely flub a math test? :lol: :lol: I survived the ordeal and even eventually graduated with a degree in history but only after a truly gargantuan struggle with a :censored: required college algebra class. Whew!

verte76 said:
I detest mathematics. I always have. For some reason it really doesn't make any sense to me. What the heck is a number? Anyway, I screwed up big time on the math parts of both the SAT and ACT (I was required to take both, oh, joy) because since when did I not completely flub a math test? :lol: :lol: I survived the ordeal and even eventually graduated with a degree in history but only after a truly gargantuan struggle with a :censored: required college algebra class. Whew!

LOL, yeah...math is in acquired taste-some people can take it, some can't.

My dad's a math whiz-I wish I'd gotten his math brain.

So the test is over now-the math section was pretty tough. Science one was a little hard in parts, but it was okay.

English and reading-piece of cake.

And now I wait 4 to 7 weeks for the results.

Here's hoping...*crosses fingers*.

And I started my morning off on a really good note-while my parents were taking me up to the testing center, we had the radio tuned to the classic rock station, and they played "I Will Follow" (which I'd never heard on that particular station before)-so that put me in a good mood right away. :).

Thanks again, everyone, for your support, I really appreciate that.

Angela

Your parents took you so you didn't have to take the bus, that was so nice. They really care about you. It was good you didn't have to leave that early. You'll probably do better on the tests than those others with less sleep;) I was always good at English and writing too and not so good at math. That's a long time to wait but I'm sure the news will be good! :) Anyway, I'm sure I Will Follow was an omen and U2 brought you more good luck!:up: We're proud of you :hug:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom