We'll have a blue Christmas without U2 ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sad_Girl said:

I'm sure he could cry genuine tears on stage. As he often says, he has to be inside the music, to really feel it in order to perform. :heart:

:hmm: I wonder if Bono has ever been quite that joyful? :wink:

Maybe after he's had too much to drink? :lol:

There are only two people I know of who have *ever* been that joyful, and you tripped one of them. :wink: :lmao:

DG, the Vertigo version of The Fly kicks Elevation's ass. :drool: :drool:

sami0201 said:

:yes: I only have an English exam Monday which should be fine

it's just all the "optional" review work that I feel like I have to do for all my classes :lol:

I'm doing all my history worksheets now (he never collects them so no one ever does them :laugh: ) so I'll get a good grade on my notebook check and bring my grade up to a B

and I got a 75% on my last history test! :hyper: :lol: I never, ever thought I'd see the day when I'd be HAPPY getting a 75! :huh:

That's good! Did you ever talk to him?

Studying is a very individual thing. I think you have to know your limitations, your strengths, and find something that works for you. :)

VintagePunk said:

That's good! Did you ever talk to him?

Studying is a very individual thing. I think you have to know your limitations, your strengths, and find something that works for you. :)

I didn't tell you? I did, and he gave me a review book and said it should help me :| I looked at him like *I need YOU to help me!! I'm obviously not getting it!* But I told him I CANNOT get a C in his class, and he said not to worry :)

and, you'll be proud, my final average for psych this quarter was a 94.32%! :happy: and it's AP psych (college level, but not really :lol: ) :D

sami0201 said:

I didn't tell you? I did, and he gave me a review book and said it should help me :| I looked at him like *I need YOU to help me!! I'm obviously not getting it!* But I told him I CANNOT get a C in his class, and he said not to worry :)

and, you'll be proud, my final average for psych this quarter was a 94.32%! :happy:

You're so smart :love:

Argh...why cant i be smart anymore.

i used to be so clever when i was younger....then i hit high school and it all went west.

i feel like im so much older than you sami...and we're only the same age :huh:

sami0201 said:

:mad: Lazy teachers.

It's great that you won't get a C, but that's really not helping you, in that you have no idea where to improve.

Sarah had a similar experience with one of her history dept. teachers recently. She wrote a paper and got in the low 80's, and she asked how she could improve her mark, what he wants to see, and he brushed her off, told her not to worry. The next paper she got back, she got a 98 on it. She has no idea why. Good, but not ultimately helpful. :|

sami0201 said:
and, you'll be proud, my final average for psych this quarter was a 94.32%! :happy: and it's AP psych (college level, but not really :lol: ) :D

*tears of pride* Good for you!! :happy: I'll convert all my girls to psych majors sooner or later. :evil:

bono_gal said:

i used to be so clever when i was younger....then i hit high school and it all went west.

Same here. :sigh:

In elementary school and up until the middle of 6th grade, I got almost all straight A's. I was one of those kids who cried when I got a B. :lol: :reject: Teachers said I was one of the smartest kids they'd ever taught. In fact, in kindergarten they wanted me to skip up to 1st grade.

Then I hit middle school and it all went downhill in the 2nd quarter of 6th grade. :|

bono_gal said:

Argh...why cant i be smart anymore.

i feel like im so much older than you sami...and we're only the same age :huh:

:lol: I USED to be smart, my grades are slipping horribly this year, the most important year for me :|

am I that immature? :lmao: :wink:

bono_gal said:

Went West? Hey! I think thats a derogatory comment on us Westerners! :grumpy: :angry:

Although, i never really thought of it that way when I used/heard the term 'Went South' which is what we say when things get screwed up and don't go right. Although, I always thought that meant south as in Hell, not as in, like, Mexico. :huh:

:laugh: :hug:

VintagePunk said:

Remember trying to tell Barbara that night? OMG. :lmao: Took us 20 minutes to get it out, and she's lying in bed looking at us like "WTF are they on??" :lmao:

:yes: Poor JEM! :lmao: She was like "I can't understand what you're saying? What? What happened?" :confused: :huh: :lol:

VintagePunk said:

:mad : Lazy teachers.

It's great that you won't get a C, but that's really not helping you, in that you have no idea where to improve.

Sarah had a similar experience with one of her history dept. teachers recently. She wrote a paper and got in the low 80's, and she asked how she could improve her mark, what he wants to see, and he brushed her off, told her not to worry. The next paper she got back, she got a 98 on it. She has no idea why. Good, but not ultimately helpful. : |

*tears of pride* Good for you!! :happy : I'll convert all my girls to psych majors sooner or later. : evil:

exactly :angry: It's like yeah, thanks for giving me a higher grade, but it's not REALLY helping me :huh:

:yes: :happy: I love psych :love: my teacher is awesome....
and he's like 55 and one of my friends told me that she heard from multiple people that our teacher is going out with a girl who graduated from our school last year who had his class :barf: I've kind of lost my respect for him because I can totally deal with a big age difference but that's like almost illegal!! She's like 18/19 and he's at least in his mid 50's and he was her TEACHER last year! :| :tsk:

sami0201 said:

exactly :angry: It's like yeah, thanks for giving me a higher grade, but it's not REALLY helping me :huh:

:yes: :happy: I love psych :love: my teacher is awesome....
and he's like 55 and one of my friends told me that she heard from multiple people that our teacher is going out with a girl who graduated from our school last year who had his class :barf: I've kind of lost my respect for him because I can totally deal with a big age difference but that's like almost illegal!! She's like 18/19 and he's at least in his mid 50's and he was her TEACHER last year! :| :tsk:

:yuck: :barf:

sami0201 said:

I've kind of lost my respect for him because I can totally deal with a big age difference but that's like almost illegal!! She's like 18/19 and he's at least in his mid 50's and he was her TEACHER last year! : | : tsk:

:huh:

sami0201 said:
what happened that was so funny? :lmao:

VP, would you explain it? I'm trying to finish my chapter for my fan fic, but I keep laughing too hard to type! :lmao:

daygloeyes2 said:

Same here. :sigh:

In elementary school and up until the middle of 6th grade, I got almost all straight A's. I was one of those kids who cried when I got a B. :lol: :reject: Teachers said I was one of the smartest kids they'd ever taught. In fact, in kindergarten they wanted me to skip up to 1st grade.

Then I hit middle school and it all went downhill in the 2nd quarter of 6th grade. :|

I was like that in primary school.

I got the highest set of year 6 grades in the class

I got to year 7 lower school and then wasnt doing too bad.

by the time id gotten to year 9 mygrades went down by 2

then year 10 & 11 came and POW.....out they all went.

I was in what you call the AGATY though....or something like that i cant really remember

its the academy for gifted and taleted youth.....i got that when i was 13 :shrug:

now im too stressed by life to think about academics!

SG, OMG, I haven't told you - two bits of Detroit news, accident related. First of all, my sister got her cell phone bill. There were two pages of text messages on it, probably 35 of them, for a total of $3.50. My calls, I made one in the room to my sister to tell her about the initial accident, probably two minutes. All the rest were from the side of the road on the way home, all to either CAA, AAA or my insurance company. The longest was 17 minutes to my insurance co. The rest were a minute or two each. The calls totalled about 30 minutes. My portion of the bill came to $168. $30-something in long distance charges, the rest in roaming fees. :mad: :mad:

And I got my hearing date - Jan 5th at 9am. Meaning, we'll have to leave at 5 am to get there on time. :| I'm gonna call Monday and see if we can get it later. I tried yesterday, and I sat there on hold for 20 minutes, then I hung up. :|

bono_gal said:

now im too stressed by life to think about academics!

me too...but I NEED to do good because I need to get out of this state for college which would mean I need scholarships because the schools I want to go to are like $40-50K a year :yikes: and my parents would sell the clothes off their backs if I got in but I can't do that to them

Good evening ladies :wave: :D

VP that really sucks about the bill! That is why I love my little prepaid phone. *pets the pretty phone* hehe

I did alright my junior year. Had a 2.8 GPA(about a B-), my best in 3 years.

I totally screwed myself over this 1st quarter though. It's so bad, I don't even want to tell you my grades. Or my grades at the middle of this quarter. :|

VintagePunk said:
SG, OMG, I haven't told you - two bits of Detroit news, accident related. First of all, my sister got her cell phone bill. There were two pages of text messages on it, probably 35 of them, for a total of $3.50. My calls, I made one in the room to my sister to tell her about the initial accident, probably two minutes. All the rest were from the side of the road on the way home, all to either CAA, AAA or my insurance company. The longest was 17 minutes to my insurance co. The rest were a minute or two each. The calls totalled about 30 minutes. My portion of the bill came to $168. $30-something in long distance charges, the rest in roaming fees. :mad: :mad:

And I got my hearing date - Jan 5th at 9am. Meaning, we'll have to leave at 5 am to get there on time. :| I'm gonna call Monday and see if we can get it later. I tried yesterday, and I sat there on hold for 20 minutes, then I hung up. :|

:shocked: yikes! Damn cell phones :angry: that's just ridiculous.

And I definitely think you should try and get a later hearing. I don't know about the City of Auburn Hills specifically, but most places are at least a little flexible. After all it is an informal hearing, not a court apperance per say

Back
Top Bottom