Weird Request

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think this might be the only one I've got. :shrug: Hope you're ok, U2Girl :hug:

1pawq1

Larry kinda tears up in Rattle and Hum talking about Elvis - I just don't have any pictures of it

That picture grabs my heartstrings too. Does anyone remember the context? Wasn't it when he was looking at the cell that Nelson Mandela spent 18 years in?

nurse chrissi said:
Larry kinda tears up in Rattle and Hum talking about Elvis - I just don't have any pictures of it

That gets to me too. But it's so cute.

bibackyard2.jpg

I think i read on some thread on PLEBA a while back saying that Bono was crying, while watching a video about children who are AIDS victims, when he was visiting Africa. :sad:

It makes me feel v sad when i look at that pic :sad: He truly looks extremely distraught......if ever proof were needed that Bono is 100% a truly caring&amazing guy, this is it! :yes:

Yeah, it was me that posted that pic a while back... I don't know if someone else posted it before me (probably), but quite a few people said they hadn't seen it before.. It's odd, I've never found the pic again... I remember the source page (can't find the bloody URL, of course) had a caption saying that Bono was crying while watching a video about people with AIDS. :sad:

No, that picture is from the time Bono went to a ceremony honoring Martin Luther King, Jr. last January. I don't know what exactly made him cry, but that's where the picture was taken.

Watching the DVD last night I don't think he was crying. It would have been too random and it just seemed to me it was one of his usual bouts of serious drumming concentration. Another example is in the Popmart Mexico video, during the breakdown part of Streets and he brings back the melody with his drumming. He appears extremely focused and almost gentle.

Larry just makes strange faces. Remember he apparently suffers alot of pain during his drumming.

Larry, Bono and Edge looked to be tearing up a bit during the SNL performance of SYCMIOYO. Larry's cheeks were twitching oddly, and Bono's voice broke slightly during the song (which only made it more heartfelt, IMO).

Back
Top Bottom