Webshots Users, please help !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Naya...don't panic! Webshots gets wacky every now and then...I thought mine was gone a few days ago as well, and people have told me that they tried to get to my community/album/pictures and it didn't work. Just hearing that news really freaked me out because I have...well, A LOT of pics out there. I went back later and it was still there.

Wait a little bit a try it again...of even wait till tomorrow and see what happens. I bet it will be back up by then.

The annoying thing about Webshots is, they do not have any type of contact information area...there is a "feedback" area, but it's hard to find on the site...

good luck!
frown.gif
smile.gif

Disco

Man!

You're right. It doesn't show you anything.
frown.gif

But are they still in your hard disk, right???

Or maybe you had pics way too hot, so they decided to delete them...

Good luck, Naya!
smile.gif

Damn!

I also can't see the pics! of my album!
mad.gif

I hope later this night I can be able do it, because I have a very cool pic to show everyone here in PLEBA
eek.gif

Later!
Ana

------------------
"Bono & I: We shine like a burning star, we're falling from the sky... Tonight"

Eat your heart out, gals! (LMAO)

SHITE!!! I just checked my own albums, and they show no pictures either!!!!!!!!

Not to panic, but I did read the 'fine print' which said that Webshots has 'the right' (yeah RIGHT) to remove any pictures, albums, users or entire communities that they want if they think there is an infringement of copyrights or whatever. I hopw the copyright police haven't been out in force....??
frown.gif
frown.gif

HOWEVER, when I go to my community's main page I can see all my albums, BUT when I'm in 'MyPhoto Assistant', the Webshots software thing, ALL MY ALBUMS now say NO PHOTOS!!!! Now I'M starting to freak out...
eek.gif

I'm going to go U2 picture trolling on Webshots to see who's I can, and cannot access...y'all do the same!!

Disco...dreading!

Is this a conspiration towards PLEBA's chicks???
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Feck!!! My pics are gone too!!!!
frown.gif
*Flavia sniffs*
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.......I need to kick somebody!!!! ( I wonder if Bono is around...i'd give him a different kind of kick!!!!!!!!
wink.gif
)

*Flavia*

I checked again and I am terrified! When it goes down, it usually has boxes with little red X's that eventually come back up, but NO PHOTOS scares me!! Did someone turn us all in or somehthing? What happened??!!
frown.gif

Since I had NO PHOTOS I went there and tried to upload another one, but guess what? It said 'this album is full you cannot have over 36 photos!! But I thought I had NO PHOTOS!! IF any other webshots girls are on PLEEEZE try yours now and see what happens, thank you!!

Okay now this is REALLY weird and REALLY bad- I actually started a NEW ALBUM- the pic uploaded like usual and gave me the thing to press finish, but when it went back to the page it still said "there are no photos in this album" Someone else try, have I been banned, will it work for someone else? What are we gonna do???

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Since I had NO PHOTOS I went there and tried to upload another one, but guess what? It said 'this album is full you cannot have over 36 photos!! But I thought I had NO PHOTOS!! IF any other webshots girls are on PLEEEZE try yours now and see what happens, thank you!!

Tried this one this morning! Same thing happened to me
frown.gif

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
Okay now this is REALLY weird and REALLY bad- I actually started a NEW ALBUM- the pic uploaded like usual and gave me the thing to press finish, but when it went back to the page it still said "there are no photos in this album" Someone else try, have I been banned, will it work for someone else? What are we gonna do???

Gimme two mins, I'll get back to u on this
wink.gif

What should we do?? I submitted a feedback from the link Disco posted, but all I got was a 'form letter' response. I finally got to a place where I could email them for support, the link was http://www.webshots.com/html/mailer.html
Try this, everyone with webshots try this, we have to find out what's goin' on! HELP!
Thanks for trying Cat!

"Thank you for submitting your support question. You should receive an automatic confirmation within an hour and a support representative will respond to your message within 24-36 business hours.

If you DO NOT receive an automatic confirmation receipt within 4 hours, that means that your email address WAS NOT CORRECT and we will be unable to contact you. So check your email address carefully! "

OK, we'll wait and see, but if I don't get my photoes back I'm gonna kick some arses!
mad.gif

Originally posted by CatDubh:
"Thank you for submitting your support question. You should receive an automatic confirmation within an hour and a support representative will respond to your message within 24-36 business hours.

If you DO NOT receive an automatic confirmation receipt within 4 hours, that means that your email address WAS NOT CORRECT and we will be unable to contact you. So check your email address carefully! "

OK, we'll wait and see, but if I don't get my photoes back I'm gonna kick some arses!
mad.gif

ME TOO!!
mad.gif
Thanks, I hope everyone will do this. PLEBA needs our pics!

Now this is very strange- I can't get anything but NO PHOTOS going in through the website, and when I click on my own link, the same thing happens, all except the last album, the one I was working on last night which is not complete, it comes up after the 'mature' warning but none of the others do! One other one has the mature warning but no pics! Just to test, I am going to try to post some of these pics on the 'ghost' album just to see if they will hypertext transfer here or be a red X. One more weird thing- all the times webshots went down and my pics turned to red X before, everything I had posted here turned back into a pumpkin(red X) until the pics came back up, but now everything I posted yesterday is still a pic even though my albums are empty. Anyway, here is a test of the one half finished album that shows up, just to see if it works.

News flash- apparently it's not just us PLEBA girls, I went to the main page and did a search for U2 and everyone's pics come up 'this page is no longer available or has moved' even the ones of the U2 airplanes. The stuff they have is there, but the community users seem to be mostly shut out
frown.gif

SERVER CRASH!!! SERVER CRASH!!!

I'm thinking THIS may be the problem on Webshots, because it's NOT just us, it's a TON of other communities, including the pictures that Webshots has on their main page on the left side bar. They all say "NO PHOTO."

Short of the Copyright Police (because, of course, ALL U2 pics are copies of copies of copies!!) I'm thinking that a server crash or some other server or web-related issue is the real problem.

Webshots hosts thousands (millions?) of photos, and probably uses some type of big honkin server, and perhaps it finally went KABLOOEY.

OR...like our own Elvis, maybe they're moving over to another, larger/better? server, and this is what happens when they do that.

Please everybody, send them an email using this site: http://www.webshots.com/html/mailer.html and voice your displeasure at what is going on over there.

Webshots is annoyingly un-customer friendly, because they have not posted any type of notice or information about this issue on any of their links. AND they may or may not get back to you/us, but at least they'll know there are some unhappy customers out there if we tell them!

Keep your fingers crossed Pleba gals!!
wink.gif

Disco...who stands to lose about 600 U2 pics!
mad.gif

one more possible reason there's a problem: Webshots caught the NIMDA virus!?!

Heard that's a really BAAAAAD one this time around...

just a thought. I also sent in my 2 cents, so we'll see what happens in "1 to 5 days" (what's up with that???).

GRRRR....
mad.gif

Mine are there.

I have you listed as a favorite and can see your pics from my fave list, but couldn't when I went via that link *confused* and its not letting me back in to your album via my fave list *silly webshots*

MY PAGE IS BACK UP!! CHECK YOURS GIRLS!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

OMIGOODNESS!

HALLELUJA and THANK YOU JESUS!!!

My albums/community/pictures are ALSO back up and running!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU WEBSHOTS for...whatever you did.

And thanks Pleba gals for "complaining" to them too!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
{{{{group hug}}}}

I can't open my album!!!!

WTF is going on with this webshots site???
mad.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom