We made it finally!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Russty Cat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
HI girls! :hug:

I just wanted to let you all know that we made it to our new temporary home okay. We left yesterday for the long drive and thought everything was going great until about 2 hours into the drive just after it had gotten dark I saw smoke and then sparks and cars starting to drive off the rode. It ends up B, who was driving our truck pulling a trailer had lost a wheel. Thankfully it made a noise right before hand and he had pulled his foot off the gas. No one hit him or got hurt. I pulled off the road and my parents who were driving the other car pulled off as well. Long story short our trailer was a total loss. It seems that he didn't blow a tire, but the whole rim disenegrated!! :eek: Normally when you blow the tire the rubber comes off, but the rim is left. There was no rim, but the lug nuts were still intact. Its like the damn rim just came right off. We ended up having to spend the night in a small town and rent a trailer in the morning. The company who towed the trailer off the highway for us, came back this morning and took it away. So we are down to no trailer, but thankfully everything on it was okay and it didn't flip or cause a major accident. I really think angels were on our side, because seeing it in daylight this morning we couldn't figure out how with all the weight in the trailer that it didn't jack knife or flip when the whole damn wheel flew off. We ended up having to leave some things in storage up in Northern California, so eventually someone is going to have to go back, but hopefully we can just borrow a trailer from family to get the rest of the stuff.

I'm so tired, dirty, greasy, and smelly. But I'm so glad we are finally here. Tomorrow we just have the joy of trying to fit stuff into the storage unit here, cuz we won't get into our new house for a few weeks. I'm going to go take a hot shower and pass out. Hope you all had a good weekend. :hug::heart: :love:

Russty Cat said:
HI girls! :hug:

I just wanted to let you all know that we made it to our new temporary home okay. We left yesterday for the long drive and thought everything was going great until about 2 hours into the drive just after it had gotten dark I saw smoke and then sparks and cars starting to drive off the rode. It ends up B, who was driving our truck pulling a trailer had lost a wheel. Thankfully it made a noise right before hand and he had pulled his foot off the gas. No one hit him or got hurt. I pulled off the road and my parents who were driving the other car pulled off as well. Long story short our trailer was a total loss. It seems that he didn't blow a tire, but the whole rim disenegrated!! :eek: Normally when you blow the tire the rubber comes off, but the rim is left. There was no rim, but the lug nuts were still intact. Its like the damn rim just came right off. We ended up having to spend the night in a small town and rent a trailer in the morning. The company who towed the trailer off the highway for us, came back this morning and took it away. So we are down to no trailer, but thankfully everything on it was okay and it didn't flip or cause a major accident. I really think angels were on our side, because seeing it in daylight this morning we couldn't figure out how with all the weight in the trailer that it didn't jack knife or flip when the whole damn wheel flew off. We ended up having to leave some things in storage up in Northern California, so eventually someone is going to have to go back, but hopefully we can just borrow a trailer from family to get the rest of the stuff.

I'm so tired, dirty, greasy, and smelly. But I'm so glad we are finally here. Tomorrow we just have the joy of trying to fit stuff into the storage unit here, cuz we won't get into our new house for a few weeks. I'm going to go take a hot shower and pass out. Hope you all had a good weekend. :hug::heart: :love:

:applaud: :dancing: Congrats Russty!!! I'm so happy for you!! I'm glad that you made it to your family's house safely, and I can't wait for you to be settled into your new life:hug: By the way, we made you a birthday thread, so make sure you check that out:wink:

thcheering.gif

cheers to you and your family...I so happy for you and everyone that you arrived safely at your new place. I am glad everything worked out for you! Happy Thanksgiving...you have alot to be thankful for!!!

So very happy to hear that you arrived to yor new home, and even though you had some problems along the way, I'am glad to hear that you are safe & sound. Happy Thanksgiving. :wave: :hug:

RUSSTY! :heart:

i don't have time to read your whole story yet .......
[:scream: I just saw with my on-line pay something is STILL wrong with my bank/credit card payments??!!:eek: so my happy time with you all got wasted :mad: befoer i got here, trying to track it down. SO i'll see it friday or later tonight]

BUT I'M SO GLAD YOU ARRIVED DOWN THERE AT LAST [problems et al]!!!! :lock: :lock:

REST UP & have a wonderful ~*~ THANKSGIVNG!!! ~*~ :hug: :hug:

Glad to hear you've arrived okay, Russty. :hug: Sorry to hear about the trailer difficulties, but thank goodness you are all safe, and that it didn't flip. Hope you enjoy settling in! :hug:

Back
Top Bottom