We love them but.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryMullen's POPAngel

Blue Crack Distributor
I'll be up with the sun, I'm not coming down...
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Hehehe Disco--I like the drinking, smoking, and swearing because that's how I am.

smile.gif

My Lemon Sister rules.
smile.gif

------------------
You've got a head full of traffic
You're a siren's song

The fact that they haven't released Elevation on VHS!

They seem to have *forgotten* that not everyone can afford a DVD player!

icon31.gif

Ah yes, I do not mind the drinking, smoking and swearing...One thing that doesn't really bother me but puzzles me is Larry not eating meat. Are we talking just red meat or what? Has he always been this way? Is he a big animal rights guy? Does he want to through red paint on Bono for wearing so much leather? If anyone knows, let me know...

------------------
~*Honey*~

The doors you open
I just can't close...

If you dream,
Dream out loud

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
Ohhh... and Bono's height!

I'm over six foot
smile.gif

Oh don't you worry. He like tall girls too. I remembered when you mentioned it a picture I saw from Popmart, Gothenburg where he brought a girl up onstage and she was a head taller then him and he kneeled down and held her hand and walked around her with a smile on his face, showing that he felt short, but in a sweet way. First he picked her up during Miami and he tried to jump up in her arms several times but she dropped him every time. Then he picked her up again during Velvet dress and a friend of mine took this pics of them, doesn't it look nice? Comforting Bono??

ull_p9.jpg

Originally posted by Bonoforever:
The fact that they haven't released Elevation on VHS!

They seem to have *forgotten* that not everyone can afford a DVD player!

icon31.gif

They have released it on VHS over here. Have they not in the USA? That's a first. Britain getting something to do with U2 the USA don't normally the roles are reversed

Sometimes they live the pop/rock life too drastically and spend their money on shit. (Excuse my language, but I'm a drinking swearing gal also) *Cheers to Lady Lem amd Pop Angel*
tongue.gif

------------------
The Proud Owner of the ONLY Cardboard Larry!!!

God Bless America and my city, NYC!

Bono urged, "Hey Lawrence, tell them your drummer joke."
"That's a bit mean, asking a drummer to tell a drummer joke," Larry replied, but he told the joke anyway. "Three guys are sittin' down having a rap and the first guy says, 'I'm a nuclear scientist and I have an IQ of 170'. The second guy says, 'I have an IQ of 140 - I'm a neurosurgeon.' The next guy says, 'I have an IQ of seventy.' The other two guys say . . . [You're a drummer!']."

Hee hee! I love Larry!!!!
And drummers! *oops*

- Every member of the band is not close enough to ME!
- Bono drinking
- Bono smoking
- Bono's hairy hands (I saw them just a few days ago and let me tell you, they have some scary hair on them! Ahhhh!)
- Bono's daughters being Destiny's Child fans
wink.gif

- Bono's "affair" rumour (the one that explains 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses' one.. does anyone else know what I mean?) <-- REALLY REALLY bothers me

Eh.. there is more, I'm sure, but those are the main things that bother me.

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

adam's smoking and bono's drinking both worry me. i hope they're tking care of themselves. one day when i'm 35 i don't want to turn on E! and see the tragic story of U2.

------------------
"Revolution starts at home, in your heart, in your refusal to compromise your beliefs and your values." - Bono

"And I wear gray underwear." -Bono

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

You hurt yourself, you hurt your lover, then you discover what you thought was freedom is just greed...

What I dislike about them...not much but, I really do not like that Bono smokes. I do not understand why anyone does it in the first place, nor do I understand why anyone who is a singer would smoke...it just ruins thier voices...I would be so sad,upset and mad if I were to ever hear that Bono developed throat cancer because of his smoking or that he had to stop singing because of the smoking...
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-02-2001).]
because I do not know how to spell..
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-03-2001).]

this is a tough one, i don't think they have done anything that 'bothered' me that much, yet!
i am glad that sparky is trying to quit his smoking habit. i know how hard it can be, but i have also seen the devastating effects it can have esp. for longtime smokers like him.
well, just to be fair (here are a couple of pet peeves, i thought of for the others...
Bono - can be abit of a chatterbox, sometimes I wish someone else would get a chance to talk (of course maybe the others like it this way)
Edge - nothing yet, though his tantrum in Boston freaked me out! He's got a temper on him!
Larry - *uhm...nevermind....I am aleady intimidated by the man! *runs away*

------------------
"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

i noticed the bono hand thing yesterday. i have the macphisto poster above my desk and was staring at it yesterday (haha)...he has really small fingers. i mean, it's not necessarily a bad thing but whatever, i noticed it.

i tend not to like hairy guys either...but i can deal haha.

the smoking thing bothers me. not like i know u2 personally or anything, but with everything that is known about the dangers, they should really quit. singers especially, it really damages the voice.

while i have nothing against religion or religious people, if i ever became friends with bono i think we'd have some serious issues regarding it...since well, i might have been baptised catholic, but that's about all. i think some serious ideological issues would come up between us. my mom is a non practicing catholic and my dad is athiest, he didnt want me to be baptised but i was, but he definitely didnt want me to go to church so i didnt...so while the fact u2 is religious doesnt BOTHER me, it might bother them if i knew them lol...but since that wont happen, dont really need to worry about it.

as for the drinking and swearing...woo hoo!!
smile.gif
i'm really weird, but moderate swearing tends to be a turn on for me...lol i've said too much

back to my paper, enough procrastinating

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

I don't like swearing.
frown.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Echo's Pimpstress Protege, 97% compatible with Bono
Love me, give me soul.

"I said I believed in standing, and in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

A little less circuitry,
a little more poetry.

Now that we are getting controversial, I will add that the hanging out in gay bars with transvestites is really unnecessary. I mean, they are straight, why? If they are doing it for shock value, they got me. I got sick when I heard Bono went directly from meeting with the Pope to drinking in a gay bar and riding up the street with drag queens. He never would have done that in the 80's. If I were Ali I wouldn't want my underwear in the same washer with his after he hung out in trashy places like that. I have broke up with guys because hanging out with lowlifes in seedy bars, gay or straight, is a turn-off to me. You could catch anything. Yuck. WHY?

About the hands: Adam is the only member with good looking hands, but IMO his face is by far the worst, so I will take Bono hands and all. We can't have everything.

Haha--them hanging out in gay club and being with tranvestites makes me like them even more! Mabye because I have a lot of friends who are homosexual and it sickens me that so many people think that being gay is wrong. Whatever.

Well I guess the smoking does bother me--I myself finally quit in February after 7 years (I began at the ripe old age of 13!) and I wouldn't want to see any of them suffer for that. Also Larry seems to spend some time in the tanning booth or something and he looks good, but sorry honey, it's not good for you
(yes, I'm a hypocrite but I'm trying to spend less time getting tan every year!)...

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

Originally posted by Veranda:
About the hands: Adam is the only member with good looking hands, but IMO his face is by far the worst
confused3.gif

i don't get it, but oh well. we are all entitled to an opinion.

------------------
"She is the avalanche...She is the thunder....She is the waves...And she pulls me under"

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

Smoking worse than gay bars? Whatever.
confused.gif
All my friends smoke, and even though I don't, I don't understand why it's such a crime. I just don't like drunkneness and sexual promiscuity, gay or straight. That's why I admired Bono for his relationship with Ali. But of course the guys will do whatever they want, but I do wonder sometimes why they want to do some things.

I'm sorry Sparky's Girl- but I do think he has sexy hands, I bet you want them all over you!

[This message has been edited by Veranda (edited 12-02-2001).]

hah my response to the pope/gay bar thing is "why cant i go!!!"...i think it's cool that bono/u2 are accepting of all kinds of lifestyles...but if u have issue with that, that's cool.

i forgot one of my other issues...drugs. don't know much about u2s drug history, the only thing that sticks out in my mind is an interview with Bono where he wouldn't say if he used heroin because of what that knowledge could lead other people to do...only that he experimented. most of my friends have done drugs...tried them whatever. but one of my good friends is a heroin addict and it's destroying her life. so it kinda scares me. and since even when i wasnt a u2 fan i've always had alot of respect for them. it kinda fell a bit when i saw that. i don't know why, it happens alot to me (finding out someone has done drugs, and the respect level falls)....and then there are the bands i like, that are so obviously made up of drug addicts and i dont care. i guess it was the fact that i maybe thought u2 was above all that....and i know alcohol and cigarettes are drugs...but yeah.

i need to stop cuz i dont even know what i'm saying. hate school, fried brains.

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

with my teeth at your back
and my tongue to tell you the sweetest lies

Ummmmm...I have heard them (Bono's hands) described as "plowman's hands"...is that what you are thinking of?

I like Bono's hands. And I like the fact that he's not too tall, since I'm only five foot myself.
smile.gif

Here's what I don't like about Bono (and this was hard, cause I love Bono): I wish he would stop wearing the sunglasses all the time. No more Fly. Let's see the eyes. We all know you're cool now.

------------------
"If you cannot live together in here, you cannot live together out there, let me tell ya." --Bono

What do you dislike about our guys?

Or what do they have to do, to themselves or musically or.... to make you change your mind about them.

I thought about this when reading through the Strip-thread.

Ok, confession here. I'm a Bonoholic, no question about that and there are so many things I love about him but.... but, I'm a girl that looks at hands and even can be turned on by just looking at the hands and Bono has NOT the kind of hands that turns me on. (But I'm sure they can, depending on what they do....to me
wink.gif
LOL ) So that's what I don't like about him. And you?
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Well, I agree with you there, MissZ...Bono does *not* have pretty hands...I read somewhere they were described as "boilermaker's hands" or something...now EDGE, he's got bee-yoo-tiful hands...very masculine and nice, yet another reason I love the guy...and like feet, you can tell a LOT about a man from his hands...heh heh... *blush*
eek.gif

So what don't I like about the boys? Hmmm...well there really isn't much, but the things that do bother me are:

• the drinking
  • the smoking
  • the SWEARING
  • the rolling around with other women (tho I know Bono doesn't do this much any more it would seem)
  • the going to strip clubs, etc.

These bother me because it goes against the fact that (they say) they are Christians, and tho I know they don't follow the typical dogma of "organized religion" (which is good, cos a lot of it is full of unnecessary legalism and traditional nonsense), the Bible maintains that as Christians we (they) should strive to keep our/their bodies as "temples" unto the Lord. Yeah, I know Jesus drank - but he didn't get rip-roaring DRUNK; and when I hear them curse, it really rubs me the wrong way. Though I certanly *can't* talk as I have problems with my own mouth as well...
frown.gif
frown.gif
Maybe it's just because they are such public figures...

I know they are simply are who they are, but these are things have always bothered me and they just always will. I also know they probably will never change, but it's still wishful thinking on my part....

Sorry to get on my soapbox...*climbs down, slips, falls* But you asked!
smile.gif

Don't hurt me.

disco

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
What do you dislike about our guys?

Hehehe Disco--I like the drinking, smoking, and swearing because that's how I am.

smile.gif

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

"All things must pass
All things must pass away"

Peace George

- They're all too bloody short! (I'm almost 5'9" myself) That's my main and only gripe, really.
- I too think sometimes that Bono's shades are kinda unnecessary, considering what beautiful eyes they hide... but on the other hand, they're damn iconic too.

"I got sick when I heard Bono went directly from meeting with the Pope to drinking in a gay bar and riding up the street with drag queens. He never would have done that in the 80's."

Sure he wouldn't have done it in the 80s... cause no one would let him see the Pope in the 80s!
smile.gif
And I think it's cool that Bono seems to be interested in all kinds of people. Why does there have to be an agenda in everything he does, anyway, can't he just do that sort of thing simply for fun?

It just bugged me that he went directly from a holy man to such an opposite place, it was like he was trying to make some kind of statement and it was one I didn't want from him I guess. I mean he could have just gone out for dinner, why seek out a place like that unless you were trying to prove something? I dunno I just don't like it.

rolleyes.gif
and
mad.gif
to all homophobes in this world.

About the Pope-thing... Bono is not as narrowminded as a lot of catholics and everybody knew that already, so it would've suprised me a alot more that he went the vatican and enjoyd it, than a gaybar, since the Pope and the vatican is nothing but a bunch of conservative old men.
And he was there with Jubilee 2000-group, so it was all business...

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:

smile.gif

Woohoo!!
smile.gif
Me too, sans the smoking! Me, you and the POP_Whore need to get together again soon!
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Originally posted by She ls Raging:
Woohoo!!
smile.gif
Me too, sans the smoking! Me, you and the POP_Whore need to get together again soon!

Me too?!
biggrin.gif

Re: gay bar Bono: if you knew anything about Bono, you'd know he doesn't discriminate- against straights gays purples blues
religious or narrow minded people. Which is what makes him so wonderful- that he is enthralled by the pope and the "opposite"
of the pope, as was said, all in the same hour. Wonder who he had more fun with
tongue.gif

if the swearing the drinking is the worst these guys do- then bring it on! *raises glass* - we know that they do not let it interfere with their lives or the band (and since you're about to bring up Adam- yes, let's applaud how he's changed), and as B himself said to me, well to the Boston audience, 'the Irish like descriptive language'
smile.gif

what i dont like? they don't spend ENOUGH of their money on themselves, IMO
wink.gif

their official website sux
they haven't sung RTSS for me

wink.gif

------------------
What do you do when female fans get too agressive?
Adam: We let Larry deal with those things.

* U2 Take Me Higher *

Originally posted by Veranda:
It just bugged me that he went directly from a holy man to such an opposite place, it was like he was trying to make some kind of statement and it was one I didn't want from him I guess. I mean he could have just gone out for dinner, why seek out a place like that unless you were trying to prove something? I dunno I just don't like it.

No that I want to flame anyone or criticize anyone's belief's, but this is a point of view that troubles me about some people who claim to be religious.

I am a pretty spiritual person (I'm Catholic), and I am not troubled by what he did. Jesus hung out with society's outcasts (lepers, prostitutes, tax collectors, etc). What's wrong with Bono (or anyone else)doing it?

While I remain steadfast in my faith, I have had many many political disagreements with the Catholic church, one of which being the Church's stance on homosexuals. I am straight, but have many gay friends and it is hard for me to explain why the Catholic church is like that. A lot of times, I have to separate the spiritual side of being a Catholic from the political implications of being Catholic.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

Well...Bono needs to be more careful, I mean not so careless with his stuff and himself lmao...and needs to stop talking as much and give the others some time to speak their mind

Larry I think needs to be a bit more talkative and be nicer to fans...although his personality right now is a huuuuuuuuge turn on *ahem* But I like the way he's interacting with the fans now more than what he used to...I love him snarly tho
biggrin.gif

Adam..needs to talk more too and needs to stop using girls underwear and use some manly ones because we don't need adam to have lack of inter pantal control ya know with it being so....well, big lol
biggrin.gif

Edge..I think he needs to talk more too...Edge and Larry when they talk tend to be soooo hilarious..*reminds everybody of the orgasmatron* UH HUH so funny
wink.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Back