We love them but.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes Kathleen--I demand that us girls head to Dublin asap for a reunion--well, after I win the lottery or something. Hmm...anyone know of any good get rich quick schemes besides drugs or prostitution?
wink.gif
hehe...

------------------
"When you've seen beyond yourself then you may see peace of mind is waiting there
And the time will come when you see we're all one
And life flows on within you and without you"

Peace George

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Yes Kathleen--I demand that us girls head to Dublin asap for a reunion--well, after I win the lottery or something. Hmm...anyone know of any good get rich quick schemes besides drugs or prostitution?
wink.gif
hehe...

Hmm yes....I have one

"One of Larry's flying buttons hit me and left me emotionally scarred for life, I'd like to sue him for $20 million dollars, and him to be my love slave*
biggrin.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
http://www.geocities.com/kiti_regia/index.html

Meeting Larry:
*MG shows Larry poster*
*Larry reads poster*
*Larry smiles and says "Thank you that's very nice of you"*
*Larry signs paper, shakes MG's hand*
*MG almost dies then sees tearaway pants and gets bad ideas*

Originally posted by sparkys girl:
Edge - nothing yet, though his tantrum in Boston freaked me out! He's got a temper on him!

that, for me, made him even sexier!
biggrin.gif

awww, but the thing abt him & bono going to a strip club...is that true?
frown.gif

as for larry, i wish he'd come up to the audience more & shake people's hands...even just to touch his fingertips would be fine, like what the edge & adam do!
biggrin.gif
i guess larry's just scared that the girls would go crazy (who wouldn't?) & pull him!

and adam, oh, the non-stop smoking bothers, er--worries me.
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 12-03-2001).]

Just to shed a little light on the gay bar issue:

I can't speak specifically about Bono going to the bar after visiting the Pope, but here's what Larry had to say while the band was at a gay bar in Australia. This is from "U2 At the End of the World":

"Gay clubs are the best place for us to come to," Larry shouts in my ear above the music. "Nobody hassles us, there's not the asshole you find in other clubs who just has to get up and try to start something. They respect us and they're glad to have us. The gay community is always on the cutting edge in music. I'm proud that they like U2 and come to our concerts. They don't see in U2 that macho shit that's beneath so much rock. I have a lot of time for the gay community."

Maybe that explains why the band sometimes goes to gay clubs. I seriously doubt it is for the shock value.

And for the record, people who think that you can catch diseases, including STDs, by sitting down at or going to a gay club, (or having your underwear washed in the same laundry machine as someone who did go to a gay club, for that matter), are living in the stone age. You don't catch diseases by sitting somewhere, no matter how "seedy" the environment, unless you're sitting around with no underpants on. Quite frankly, there are probably just as many diseases (colds and viruses, e.g.) floating around public bathrooms, university dormitories, and our own places of employment than there are at a gay club. Don't mean to attack anyone's opinions, but that statement is flat out scientifically inaccurate.

Actually, gay clubs are fun because the guys aren't hitting on you and you can actually dance and enjoy yourself.

As for what I don't like about U2, I think Bono says the word "megalomania" WAY too much.

Originally posted by oliveu2cm:
Me too?!
biggrin.gif

Absolutely Carrie!
biggrin.gif
I like Kristina's idea for Dublin - I'm going in the summer anyways, you girls should all tag along with me... I dont think the fam is going to be all up for doing the "U2" thing like I will be
wink.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Originally posted by Mullen-Girl:
Hmm yes....I have one

"One of Larry's flying buttons hit me and left me emotionally scarred for life, I'd like to sue him for $20 million dollars, and him to be my love slave*
biggrin.gif

That's just plain old fucking hilarious...lol
biggrin.gif

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Oh wow, I thought it was safe to mention controversial things since everyone else did it and didn't get flamed. No one cared when the drinking and smoking and cussing were attacked but by golly don't say a thing against the wonderful exalted gay bar- what the hell? Look you asked a question and I answered it. I don't like some of the comments about smoking but I didn't flame anybody. I just think he went right from the Pope to the gay bar to make a statement against Catholicism and I don't like that. I don't have to judge of course, God will do that, for all of us.

BTW yes, I do think you can catch more diseases in a seedy bar, as I have repeatedly said when I say seedy I mean gay or straight! You might catch a cold or flu somewhere else but what you get in seedy places could kill you. Also if anyone can't respect my opinion they are just as closed minded and opinionated as they think I am.

Originally posted by Veranda:
I'm sorry Sparky's Girl- but I do think he has sexy hands, I bet you want them all over you!

[This message has been edited by Veranda (edited 12-02-2001).]

No need to apologize sweetie! My opinion will RE:Adam is always biased....
biggrin.gif

------------------
"She is the avalanche...She is the thunder....She is the waves...And she pulls me under..."

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*
Adam's Press Secretary/Personal Assistant

Originally posted by Veranda:
Oh wow, I thought it was safe to mention controversial things since everyone else did it and didn't get flamed. No one cared when the drinking and smoking and cussing were attacked but by golly don't say a thing against the wonderful exalted gay bar- what the hell? Look you asked a question and I answered it. I don't like some of the comments about smoking but I didn't flame anybody. I just think he went right from the Pope to the gay bar to make a statement against Catholicism and I don't like that. I don't have to judge of course, God will do that, for all of us.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. I just wanted to post what Larry had said to give more of a perspective from the horse's mouth on why U2/Bono go to gay clubs. As a Catholic, I don't see it as a slam against Catholicism. That's my opinion.

BTW yes, I do think you can catch more diseases in a seedy bar, as I have repeatedly said when I say seedy I mean gay or straight! You might catch a cold or flu somewhere else but what you get in seedy places could kill you. Also if anyone can't respect my opinion they are just as closed minded and opinionated as they think I am.[/QUOTE]

What kind of diseases are you talking about? And how do you catch them? I ask this in all sincerity in an attempt to see things from your perspective, and with all respect...perhaps I misinterpreted your earlier statement.
smile.gif

Peace,
HG

Damn spelling errors!! GAO!

[This message has been edited by HeartlandGirl (edited 12-03-2001).]

Okay, the 'Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses' rumour: I had NO clue until I saw this guy's post on alt.fans.u2.. he talked about the song and said that during The Joshua Tree tour Bono had this affair with a girl, and then wrote that song. BUT U2 has supposedly said a member of U2 had an affair with a fan. Listen to the lyrics:

You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest.
You're dangerous, you don't know what you want.
Well you left my heart empty as a vacant lot
For any spirit to haunt.

You're an accident waiting to happen
You're a piece of glass left there on a beach.
Well you tell me things
I know you're not supposed to
Then you leave me just out of reach.

Who's gonna ride your wild horses?
Who's gonna drown in your blue sea?
Who's gonna fall at the foot of thee?

Well you stole it 'cos I needed the cash
And you killed it 'cos I needed revenge.
Well you lied to me 'cos I asked you to.
Baby, can we still be friends?

Who's gonna fall at the foot of thee?

Ah, the deeper I spin
Ah, the hunter will sin for your ivory skin.
Took a drive in the dirty rain
To a place where the wind calls your name
Under the trees, the river laughing at you and me.
Hallelujah! Heaven's white rose
The doors you open I just can't close.

Don't turn around, don't turn around again.
Don't turn around your gypsy heart.
Don't turn around, don't turn around again.
Don't turn around, and don't look back.
Come on now love, don't you look back.

Who's gonna taste your saltwater kisses?
Who's gonna take the place of me?
Who's gonna tame the heart of thee?

"Took a drive in the dirty rain, to the place where the wind calls your name" is supposed to be the place they met, etc. "You're dangerous, 'cos you're honest" and "You're an accident waiting to happen" is supposed to refer to keeping it a secret, blah blah. I know it is totally out of character, but it still makes me wonder if it IS true or not.

------------------
the glass is cut, the bottle run dry..
Ari
our love runs cold in the caverns of the night..

i'll go with height, age, and the whole married-with-children thing. the last two, at least, kinda get in the way
smile.gif

------------------
~FDJ*

(aka: hoo~lee~ah, aka: Fishy's Clumsey Julie, aka: MoonPhisto)

"Don't follow your dreams.... run with them"

Originally posted by dizzy:
that, for me, made him even sexier!
biggrin.gif

awww, but the thing abt him & bono going to a strip club...is that true?
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by dizzy (edited 12-03-2001).]

I agree,Edge's temper tantrum was kinda sexy...and unfortunately, the strip club thing was true...
frown.gif

Also, I am Catholic and I swear, I have gay friends, I drink and I do other things that might be considered rebellious to the church. I however just don't smoke. I am highly allergic to smoke, so it makes it hard for me to go to nightclubs/bars and growing up in a medical family, the things that I learned about smoking made it unattractive to me to ever get hooked...don't get me wrong, I would be a hypocrite if i said I never tried it, because i have several times, but it did nothing for me...I love that U2 are very open to everything...what bothers me are narrow-minded people and thank God U2 are not that way...And because Bono smokes and drinks, it does not make me like him any less, I just do not want him or any one who smokes to suffer any health problems...
smile.gif
ALso, If Bono had a problem with the drinking, I would be very very concerned, but I have never read anything that has stated that he does...that is my .02cents on this, I just wanted to clarify my first response...

[This message has been edited by MissVelvetDress (edited 12-03-2001).]

I would like to 'clarify' that I am not even Catholic, and not even all that religious, and not 'narrow minded.' I am a very deep thinker, and that is why it makes no sense to me that people will claim to be a Catholic but denounce what the church stands for because they don't want to be told they can't do anything they feel like and not be labeled a 'sinner.' It's like, okay, that's fine until they say something you don't want to hear. I mean, why even bother to have a religion if you only want to change all the rules to suit you and your friends so you can do whatever you feel like and not have to feel guilty? I admire the church for not caving in and changing age-old standards just to please people and make them feel better. You know, like the old song says, don't hold back, if it feels good do it! Anything goes! Sure go ahead, but don't try to justify it. Your will is free as Eve in the garden of Eden, but don't try to say you're not sinning just because you don't want to feel bad. That's my problem. I think Bono went right from the Pope to the gay bars just to make a political statement about the Catholic church's values and I believe that is wrong. He could have eaten or partied anywhere, his choice of entertainment was done for a reason and I didn't like it. I also don't like the labeling and stereotyping of me that has occured due to this. I do wrong things too of course but I will never expect anyone to change the rules of their religion just to suit me. I admit it and take full responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom