We have to put my dog down...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheWho4Life

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I don't wanna do it! But we have to, she's 14 and she's just... not there anymore, if you know what I mean. I don't know when my dad is gonna take her to do it, but I don't really want to know. I've had her since I was in kindergarden. It's so sad guys! I wish she would stay alive forever... but that's impossible:(
I feel bad though cause all my parents do is yell at her, cause she doesn't listen, BUT SHE'S DEAF! HOW IS SHE SUPPOSED TO! I hate them sometimes, their so mean to her. And for some reason she is horrible smelling, so if she lays somewhere she's not supposed to my mom freaks out andsmacks her! Not like beating her just a little smack, but it's still wrong!
But... I don't know what it's gonna be like when she's gone... I still have Lucas, I guess, but it's not the same...
I just need to be cheared up a little... or a lot, cause I'm balling! And for some reason U2 isn't helping me...

I'm so sorry. That is such a difficult thing to do. I wish I could say something profound that would cheer you. :hug:

TheWho4Life said:
I don't wanna do it! But we have to, she's 14 and she's just... not there anymore, if you know what I mean. I don't know when my dad is gonna take her to do it, but I don't really want to know. I've had her since I was in kindergarden. It's so sad guys! I wish she would stay alive forever... but that's impossible:(

Oh, I know, that'd be wonderful if that could be the case.

That really sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. :( :hug:. I've had to do the same thing with three dogs (all at different times) throughout my lifetime. One of my dogs managed to live 17 years, which is pretty good, but the other two were around the age yours is. Our family had these dogs for a long time, too, so...yeah, it's very hard, definitely.

Originally posted by TheWho4Life
I feel bad though cause all my parents do is yell at her, cause she doesn't listen, BUT SHE'S DEAF! HOW IS SHE SUPPOSED TO! I hate them sometimes, their so mean to her. And for some reason she is horrible smelling, so if she lays somewhere she's not supposed to my mom freaks out andsmacks her! Not like beating her just a little smack, but it's still wrong!

That does sound a bit harsh. The poor dog. :(.

I wish I could be there to give you an actual hug, 'cause I just feel so bad for you. But still...:hug:. Perhaps one thing that could help you feel a little better is to think about all the good times you had with your dog, think of something really funny your dog used to do or something. And if you want to talk or whatever, I'm here, 'kay, if you feel that might help.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. :sad:.

I'm so sorry to hear about that. :hug: It is such a difficult thing to say good-bye to a great pet. They really are part of a family.

I know it's really hard, but you wil get through it. Moonlit_Angel is right, just remember the good times you had with your dog. That helped me when my dog passed away a couple years ago.

Thinking about our fun times is a good idea... man... I need to go find my pics of her when she was younger... I don't know where they are though. There is one hilarious one! Im gonna go look for it.
But thanx, Moonlit_Angel :hug:

TheWho4Life said:
Thinking about our fun times is a good idea... man... I need to go find my pics of her when she was younger... I don't know where they are though. There is one hilarious one! Im gonna go look for it.

Aw, good idea. :).

Originally posted by TheWho4Life
But thanx, Moonlit_Angel :hug:

You're very welcome. :) :hug:.

I shouldn't even post because I am so angry at your parents (again). I know a lot of people put pets down when they are suffering from terminal illnesses and would suffer and die anyway. But to put down a dog who is just old and losing their senses, even worse to slap them when they no longer understand, well, I'm not even going to say how I feel about someone who would do that because it's not good :mad: :censored:

But you, Who4Life, this is not your fault and I totally understand how you feel. Your dog will be at Rainbow Bridge and you'll meet again. Take care of the other dog and the cat, and when you are living on your own, please be nicer to animals than your parents have been. I know you will :hug:

RocknRollKitty said:
I shouldn't even post because I am so angry at your parents (again). I know a lot of people put pets down when they are suffering from terminal illnesses and would suffer and die anyway. But to put down a dog who is just old and losing their senses, even worse to slap them when they no longer understand, well, I'm not even going to say how I feel about someone who would do that because it's not good :mad: :censored:

But you, Who4Life, this is not your fault and I totally understand how you feel. Your dog will be at Rainbow Bridge and you'll meet again. Take care of the other dog and the cat, and when you are living on your own, please be nicer to animals than your parents have been. I know you will :hug:

Yea... I yell at my mom pretty bad when she is mean to my dog! And my parents are always pet Lucas and talk to him... but when it comes to Suzy... they always yell at her and don't want anything to do with her. I feel bad... the poor girl :( But I WILL treat my animals much better then they do. But if my parents are sounding bad about my dog, you wouldnt want me to tell you what my brother says about her, now he is horrible.

erised said:
:hug: TheWho4Life :hug:

I had to put my kitty down last September, and it was the worst thing I've ever had to do. :(

My thoughts are with you... :hug:
AWW! I'm sorry :hug: Cats are very sweet animals! Mine isnt.... but other's are lol :hug: We've had to put like 3 cats down though. No... it was 2 but the other we had to give away...

I'm so sorry, Who4Life. I know how you feel. I had to put down my last cat. I'd had him for 16 years, and his kidneys failed. I cried for days. I was such a basket case I couldn't go to work for a couple of days.
I'm thinking of you. Take care, and here's a hug.:hug: :hug:

:hug:
Oh man! I don't think the pics were such a good idea... I mean they were for the Suzy part... but there's pics of my old dog Rosco taht we had to get rid of! Momories man! DANG! And pics of my old cats! What a rush into my heart!

That sucks Who4Life! I'm really sorry you're having to put up with this. :hug: I've lost pets, too. I had canaries when I was a kid. Of course they both died eons ago, and it was really hard. I loved those birds.

Last edited:
About this time last year, I had to put down my dog, Luke. He also was 14, and just not even able to make it around anymore. It's so sad and full of grief, I know, but you're doing the right thing for yourself...and for your friend, who will be waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge. :hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

SD

Sherry Darling said:
About this time last year, I had to put down my dog, Luke. He also was 14, and just not even able to make it around anymore. It's so sad and full of grief, I know, but you're doing the right thing for yourself...and for your friend, who will be waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge. :hug:

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

SD

:sad: Tears are runnin down my face! So, like, do all animals go there? Even hamsters? That was the most beautiful written thing I've ever read. Thank you :hug: And I have a dog named Luke too, he's my other baby.

:sad:

ah, thewho4life, i am so sorry to hear about your beloved dog. i have a dog, too, her name is patches, and she is so me in canine form. she's getting on in years too and i can't even think about her time coming without getting all teary-eyed. it's amazing how attached we get to pets and their personalities.

i know i'm not alone in saying that i feel your sadness. be strong and take comfort in the fact that you had 14 great years with her. that's a pretty good run.

:hug:

I'm sorry you are getting to the end of the road with your dog, I had to put my baby to sleep only 2 months ago. I am a vet so unfortunately I deal with this type of situation all too often. It's a very hard decision to make, but it is the last nice thing that we can do for them, to end their suffering. We're all here for you :hug:

My dad said he wants to do like next week or if not then sooner... like thursday... And when he said it... I left the room and went outside and started hugging her and kissing her and tellin her I love her so much... and I'll never forget her... I wish she could understand me... she is still happy though... she even wagged her tail. Oh... her eyes... the way she looks at me with big beaty eyes...
And my stupid mom wont leave her alone! She made her go into the other room today... and she shut the door and just left her there and then I let her out and my om made me put her outside... I was said "You know mom! She knows you don't want to bearound her... and it's not helping!" And I left and just went for a walk. Balling my eyes out... Oh man... I'm a winer :|

Honey, you're NOT a whiner.
You have every reason to be upset. ( And it does sound like your folks are being mean.) Just give your sweet dog all the love you can until the end; it's all you can do.:heart:

I hate to say it but if you put your folks in an abusive old folk's home someday they would not be undeserving of it. I'm so glad the dog has you, and some love right now. The people in this thread who have said they had to put an animal down had pets with serious health problems, but that doesn't sound like the case for you and that's what is making me upset about it. You are doing the right thing showing your love, and when you cry and show emotion it only shows that you are a good person with a heart and that is something to be proud of. Don't let anybody call you a whiner, you are a good person. :hug:

So sorry to hear about your dog Who4Life. I had to have my Dachshund put to sleep back in February and it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. She was like a kid to me, but the pain will ease up as time passes. You and your pup are in my thoughts.:hug: :sad:

Is it dumb to dedicate songs to pets? Well whether it is or not I'm dedicatin Kite to my Suzy girl... I don't know if I already said that or not... I know I told lots of people it though... oh well. Or... maybe I'm dedicatin it to me from her... hhmm... does that make sence? Either way it's being dedicated! :slant:

Back
Top Bottom