We coulda burned the house down....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonosloveslave

Offishul Kitteh Doctor
Staff member
My husband decided to make a pizza last night, and I made the mistake of letting him do this unsupervised. I wake up this morning and he realize he left the frickin oven on all night!!

I'd say he's not allowed to touch the stove ever again, but I'm not much of a cook so he just better shape up or ship out! :)wink: still love ya babe :) )

That is the worst. My college roomate used to make rice everytime she got drunk and I would come downstairs in the morning for practice at like, 4:30 and the stove would have been on all night. Of course, there was always a paper towel or something within a few inches of the bright red burner. :no:
And I would love the fact that the entire lower half of the house would be about 100 degrees hotter then upstairs because of the extra heating we had overnight.

I guess I shouldn't talk though. I actually did burn down my house and had to live in a hotel for 3 months with a dog and a cat and my parents. :banghead:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I guess I shouldn't talk though. I actually did burn down my house and had to live in a hotel for 3 months with a dog and a cat and my parents. :banghead:

Yikes! That must have sucked royally! Were you a kid? What happened?

Hmmm. Lets first debate the true definition of "a kid"....

:banghead:

Ok, I was 20. Does that qualify as "a kid"??? :der:

Yeah, anyway.
Drive home with parents from college and there was a huge electrical storm (everybody now....burst into song!) here in St. Louis and our power was out when we finally arrived. I'm putting my stuff away and I needed a table to put my stereo on so I run down to the basement and grab a table...there was a lamp on the table which was, of course, off because the power was out. So I grab the lamp, set it on a couch, take my table and run back upstairs.

Picture this: 2:30 in the morning...power comes back on....lamp was actually turned on but I didn't know it...lamp is sitting on couch....see where I am going with this?

:combust: <----- this was the couch....and then the basement....and then up the stairs.....and then the house.
Everything gone but the structure....
LOVE IT!

That is my sad sad little story. So, every time I came home from school for the summer I would go back into my room and my dad would have put at least 10 lamps all over my bed. :censored:

Funny guy, huh? :grumpy:

I have never burned thing down ie house or anything but i did get burned myself.

I had just made a grilled cheese sandwhich and my mom called to say that she was on her way home so in a panic i tried to clean everything up befro she got home and I had turned off the the oven but i picked up the grittle that i had used with my bare hand and burned all my fingers excepted my pinkie bc if it. They werent burnt that made but it hurt like a mofo. For awhile it felt like I had candlewax on my fingers.

Its all my mom's fault bc she obessive complusive when it comes to cleaning.

I almost burnt down Ellen's house, yep! I made microwave popcorn, but I wasn't paying attention so it burnt and I hate burnt popcorn. When I opened it up, it was steaming a lot and smelled nasty so I threw it in the trash. But then Ellen took it out to look at it, and it wasn't steam coming out, that was smoke....oops! So we put it out in the snow and the house was saved. No one was burnt or anything, lol, but once I did get blisters across all of my fingers on both my hands serving hot lunch cus I picked up a hot metal rack with plastic gloves on, ow!

Yeah, Lies is a genius. :wink:

I've never burt any sort of building down, but I do really appreciate it when companies make skillets with plastic handles or whatever, and then attach the handle with a big giant metal screw right where you hold it when it's hot. Hand blisters are so much fun.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Yeah, anyway.
Drive home with parents from college and there was a huge electrical storm (everybody now....burst into song!) here in St. Louis and our power was out when we finally arrived. I'm putting my stuff away and I needed a table to put my stereo on so I run down to the basement and grab a table...there was a lamp on the table which was, of course, off because the power was out. So I grab the lamp, set it on a couch, take my table and run back upstairs.

Picture this: 2:30 in the morning...power comes back on....lamp was actually turned on but I didn't know it...lamp is sitting on couch....see where I am going with this?

:combust: <----- this was the couch....and then the basement....and then up the stairs.....and then the house.
LOVE IT!

That is my sad sad little story. So, every time I came home from school for the summer I would go back into my room and my dad would have put at least 10 lamps all over my bed. :censored:

Gosh, that's awful! Glad everyone was ok (including/especially your kitty and doggie) - don't feel bad, that could have happened to anyone.....actually sounds like something I would do *lol*

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Yeah, anyway.

LOVE IT!

:huh: Wow, what a story. :ohmy:

:hug:

I set the oven on fire once...
NEVER drop a pen into the bottom part of a gas oven.
It spews ash all over the house too, in addition to the whole fire thing.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Yeah, anyway.

LOVE IT!

Glad everything turned out OK and nobody was hurt. Now, can I just :lmao: ???

I have a confession to make...

I almost burnt the house down once. I was making eggs and bacon [back in the days when I ate bacon] and I went out to get the mail [how dumb of me] and I came back and the eggs were just starting to flame... BiP the firegirl saved the day by dumping her water on the pan and ruining her breakfast, better than burning the house down though! There was this one time the toaster oven was smoking, but it was no biggie.
:der:

LOL

I almost did the same thing, only with the dryer.... the dryer has that sensor thing to tell when the clothes are dry....only the door wasn't shut tight enough and cold air would seep in and the sensor would pick up the cold air and think the clothes weren't dry. Anyway the dryer ran for like 3 hours...and the clothes were really hot :combust:

Back
Top Bottom