Ways to have "U2" (Tattoo-Related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wertsie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Okay, I'm pretty much set that I want a little tattoo that says U2, but I don't know how the lettering should look. Ideas? Post pictures of how the band's name has looked in the past and present so I can see what my options are.

Oh...and if you happen upon any shamrocks, that would be great too! :happy:

I really like this one, but I don't know if it would work out well for a tattoo...

Attachments

• abletters.jpg
    abletters.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 297
flaming june said:
I really like this one, but I don't know if it would work out well for a tattoo...

I like that one too!

Question for all my tattooed friends...If you bring in a picture of something you want done, how do you know that they're going to get it right? I'd be a bit worried that they'd screw up somehow!

wertsie said:

Question for all my tattooed friends...If you bring in a picture of something you want done, how do you know that they're going to get it right? I'd be a bit worried that they'd screw up somehow!

i just got a tattoo over vacation! (i was thinkin' about putting a pic up of it..someday maybe).... don't worry, what they do, atleast what they did w/ mine is the guy copied the tat i wanted onto a tracing piece of paper then copied it again on my arm w/ a non-permanent ink and if you like the way it looks he gives you the tat over the ink lines (and if you don't like it then you can have him take it off and redo it until you approve!):D

U2002revolution! said:

i just got a tattoo over vacation! (i was thinkin' about putting a pic up of it..someday maybe).... don't worry, what they do, atleast what they did w/ mine is the guy copied the tat i wanted onto a tracing piece of paper then copied it again on my arm w/ a non-permanent ink and if you like the way it looks he gives you the tat over the ink lines (and if you don't like it then you can have him take it off and redo it until you approve!):D

ahhhhh...Okay, this makes sense! This is so exciting! I still think I'll probably wait till this fall though...we shall see.

What is your tattoo of?

Okay, I have played around with three possible design ideas (and you will see that they are all pretty similar!), but let me know which you like best...

Option 1...

Attachments

• option1.jpg
    option1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 419
OPTION 1!!!! definately......i like it lots!!! post pics when you get it.......btw, did you say where you're getting it?

Stories for Boys said:
OPTION 1!!!! definately......i like it lots!!! post pics when you get it.......btw, did you say where you're getting it?

Good! When I woke up this morning that's what I thought too! :happy:

I searched on the net for "shamrock tattoo" and they didn't have any just plain shamrocks, so I had to cut it out of the middle of this Celtic cross thing...which actually looked pretty cool too!

Don't know where I'm going to get it yet...But I'll probably do it when I go back to school so my parents can't kill me right away! :lol:

Now I have another issue...where (on my body) do I get it?

I like option 1 the best.

As for where to get it, I'd go for somewhere where you can easily conceal it if you want, but also have it on show sometimes - like your ankle or the bottom of your back.

Yeah, I was thinking somewhere on my back...either on the bottom or up near the right shoulder...not sure, but I have time to decide. I also have to figure out how big to get it. I'm thinking relatively small, but not TOO small!

My cousin got this little lady bug tattoo on one of her breats, but up higher so you can see it if she wears a bathing suit...but it's so small it looks like a mole or something! :lol:

LOL @ ladybug/mole tattoo! That sounds a little too small! :)

I like option 1 the best too. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my lower back, but I don't think I have the guts.

Giant Lemon said:
LOL @ ladybug/mole tattoo! That sounds a little too small! :)

I like option 1 the best too. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my lower back, but I don't think I have the guts.

There was a time when I thought, "there's no way in hell I would ever do that!" I don't know what change, but now it just seems so exciting! I can't wait! :happy:

If I got one, I would get it on my shoulder... I rarely wear sleeveless shirts, so it wouldn't be so noticeable. I didn't like tattoos before, but I think it all depends on the design you get

flaming june said:
If I got one, I would get it on my shoulder... I rarely wear sleeveless shirts, so it wouldn't be so noticeable.

Yeah, same here! And I want people to see it, just not all the time!

you guys are making me want a tattoo even more! i really want one, but i'm not going to get one for at least a year.....*sigh*.....i know one day i'll just up and get one......

My tatoo :silent: is on my back - right on my waistline, on the left side. You really can only see it if I point it out, or wearing any kind of shirt the rides up a little or droopy pants! :D But it's definetly good being able to cover things up as necessary!

She ls Raging said:
My tatoo :silent: is on my back - right on my waistline, on the left side. You really can only see it if I point it out, or wearing any kind of shirt the rides up a little or droopy pants! :D But it's definetly good being able to cover things up as necessary!

:yes: Hmmm...This is true. And I kind of like the fact that only certain people would be able to see it at certain times...:happy:

Now I'm thinking on the right side of my lower back...

:attn:
Things to think about when getting tattoo from someone who has 7 of them:
1st - go to someone reputable. Ask others who have tattoos you like where they got it done and who did it.
2nd - Don't go for the cheapest person or place. Alot of times cheap means bad quality and my first tatt I ever got (which I guess would make it 8 all together) I had to get re-done because it was such a cob job so I ended up basically paying twice for it.
3rd - Any good artist should have a portfolio for you to look through. Some artists specialize in portrait, some do old school better - find someone who's stuff looks good and like what you want to get.
For the piece Wertsie wants anyone should be able to do that regardless what their specailty is.
Good Luck!

groovcat said:
1st - go to someone reputable. Ask others who have tattoos you like where they got it done and who did it.
2nd - Don't go for the cheapest person or place. Alot of times cheap means bad quality and my first tatt I ever got (which I guess would make it 8 all together) I had to get re-done because it was such a cob job so I ended up basically paying twice for it.
3rd - Any good artist should have a portfolio for you to look through. Some artists specialize in portrait, some do old school better - find someone who's stuff looks good and like what you want to get.
For the piece Wertsie wants anyone should be able to do that regardless what their specailty is.
Good Luck!

I agree 100%...also I'd highly suggest getting this tattoo in a place where you can cover it if you need too. I don't know about you, but where I work, you can't have visible tattoos and luckily my tattoo isn't visible. I'm glad that I have to "show" you my tattoo, it doesn't show itself.
Let us see pictures when you finally do it!
:D :D

Thanks for the tips, Groovcat. I'll keep everything you listed in mind. :happy: Since I'm planning to do it when I go back to school, I don't think I'll have too much trouble finding a good place because, after all, Grand Rapids is the second-largest city in the state.

Yep, I will DEFINITELY post pics when I get it. Don't you worry. :wink:

groovcat said:
Good Luck!

Excellent advice! :up:
May I add a few things:
a. Never get someting from the flash wall. All my work is custom; you don't want someting that everyone else has.

b. Make an appointment. That way neither you nor the artist is rushed.

Have fun with it! People will give you shit along the lines of "What will you do when you're old and wrinkled with tattoos?" My answer: "I'll have done what I wanted to do and enjoyed my life with no regrets! And you?"

martha said:

Have fun with it! People will give you shit along the lines of "What will you do when you're old and wrinkled with tattoos?" My answer: "I'll have done what I wanted to do and enjoyed my life with no regrets! And you?"

:up: Yeah, sounds good to me!

I am sort of worried about what my parents will think. I've always sort of been the "good girl" :)barf:). But I really, really, really want to do this! :happy:

ITA agree! Why should people care what you do with your own body? I want to a tattoo, but I'm such a baby I keep putting it off LOL. I hate needles and I'm so paranoid that it may be a dirty needle and I'll get Hepatitis B or something, ala Pam Anderson. It's just my usual, paranoia, no biggie LOL. I would love to get a U2 tattoo and I may just use that lettering and the shamrocks LOL, that or get FOAD tattooed or something

I say, if you want a tattoo, just go for it. It won't make you any less of a "good girl". It's your body, it's your life, you do what you want

the_fly2002 said:
ITA agree! Why should people care what you do with your own body? I want to a tattoo, but I'm such a baby I keep putting it off LOL. I hate needles and I'm so paranoid that it may be a dirty needle and I'll get Hepatitis B or something, ala Pam Anderson. It's just my usual, paranoia, no biggie LOL. I would love to get a U2 tattoo and I may just use that lettering and the shamrocks LOL, that or get FOAD tattooed or something

I say, if you want a tattoo, just go for it. It won't make you any less of a "good girl". It's your body, it's your life, you do what you want

:lol: FOAD! hahahaha...That would be a GREAT conversation piece!

Back
Top Bottom