Ways to have "U2" (Tattoo-Related)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
martha said:
Have fun with it! People will give you shit along the lines of "What will you do when you're old and wrinkled with tattoos?" My answer: "I'll have done what I wanted to do and enjoyed my life with no regrets! And you?" [/B]

Exactly. I hear this all the time because my tattoos are very visible unless I wear long sleeves and long pants so i get it all - but I also get alot of questions like "what does it mean" and "its pretty." OK, I love the "what does it mean" question even though my tattoos, which are self designed, are so personal it's hard to answer - but the beauty of it is I can remember the exact day and emotion and reason I had when I got the tattoo and i love having such a visual artistic "photo album" of my life. If you get the U2 tattoo I can almost guarentee that 40 years from now whenever you look at it you'll remember the love and inspiration this band has given you. If it starts to get faded and wrinkled you can get it touched up. 14 years ago I got a Beastie Boy related tattoo (the one that was fucked up at first) and even though the group is not actively together anymore, and I don't listen to them as much, I don't regret ever getting it cause I look at it and remember all the strength and inspiration of their music and the effect of having met Adam Yauch, my idol at the time, and it brings me back to that summer day - smells and all.

And always remember you are in charge of your own destiny, feelings and of course body. If you're old enough to get a tattoo you're old enough to make your own decisions.
Thanks for reading part of my story.........

wertsie said:

I am sort of worried about what my parents will think. I've always sort of been the "good girl".

This can work to your advantage. I was 20 when I got my first tat. That was 20 years ago when tats on girls weren't that common. My parents shit themselves at first, particularly my dad. But they also knew that I was a good girl (and I really was), and so a tattoo didn't really mean that I was headed straight to Hell. I'm still a good girl, and an elementary school teacher, and number eight will go on sometime this summer.

Keep us posted.

martha said:

This can work to your advantage. I was 20 when I got my first tat. That was 20 years ago when tats on girls weren't that common. My parents shit themselves at first, particularly my dad. But they also knew that I was a good girl (and I really was), and so a tattoo didn't really mean that I was headed straight to Hell. I'm still a good girl, and an elementary school teacher, and number eight will go on sometime this summer.

Keep us posted.

Cool! I'm 20 now! What a coincidence! :happy:

groovcat...Thanks for what you said about me looking back 40 years from now and remembering the band and what they meant to me...I hadn't even thought of it that way before, but it's so true!

wertsie said:
There was a time when I thought, "there's no way in hell I would ever do that!" I don't know what change, but now it just seems so exciting! I can't wait! :happy:

You're making me excited too- I'm getting more and more convinced to get a tattoo. It's too bad we don't live close to each other- I'd suggest that we go get U2 tats together! :)

Giant Lemon said:

You're making me excited too- I'm getting more and more convinced to get a tattoo. It's too bad we don't live close to each other- I'd suggest that we go get U2 tats together! :)

That would be awesome! I really wish I had someone to go with me!

i'm coming in kind of late on this thread but I have two tattoos. Both are U2 related. The first one I got about 4 years ago. Its the popmart lemon w/ saturn ring & shopping cart. Its on the small of my back right above my bum. The other one I got in January of this year and its the amnesty international candle w/ barbed wire for Walk On. That one is on my upper left thigh/hip.

If you do have a U2 tattoo, please go to http://www.elevatemysoul.com/inthenameoflove/index.htm

this is a website that I am working on with a few friends. Its still very preliminary but we hope to have it fully running soon with your support!

THANKS!

luvresqme said:
i'm coming in kind of late on this thread but I have two tattoos. Both are U2 related. The first one I got about 4 years ago. Its the popmart lemon w/ saturn ring & shopping cart. Its on the small of my back right above my bum. The other one I got in January of this year and its the amnesty international candle w/ barbed wire for Walk On. That one is on my upper left thigh/hip.

If you do have a U2 tattoo, please go to http://www.elevatemysoul.com/inthenameoflove/index.htm

this is a website that I am working on with a few friends. Its still very preliminary but we hope to have it fully running soon with your support!

THANKS!

Looks cool so far! Let us know when it's finished, okay?

wertsie said:

That would be awesome! I really wish I had someone to go with me!

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LIVE IN GRAND RAPIDS.....dude, so do i and 2 other plebans....and i really really really want a tattoo also, but unfortunately i'm 17 until september......but should you want a second later.....let me know and we'll go together!!! (i'm probably waiting until next summer at the earliest...)

Stories for Boys said:

I DIDN'T KNOW YOU LIVE IN GRAND RAPIDS.....dude, so do i and 2 other plebans....and i really really really want a tattoo also, but unfortunately i'm 17 until september......but should you want a second later.....let me know and we'll go together!!! (i'm probably waiting until next summer at the earliest...)

Well, I'm up north right now, but I go to Grand Valley, so I'll probably be getting my tattoo down there in September. :happy:

All the Grand Rapids-area plebans should really get together sometime!

ME WANTEEEEEEEEEE

*bump*

ok, i missed your reply earlier.....but what the hey....

as far as the grand rapids plebans go, it's me and lies and ellen.....but i'm sure we could do something!! and i'm getting really pumped about getting a tattoo....i just need to decide where, when, and how (my parents'll kill me :ohmy:)

anyway....................email me!!! u2babyface9@yahoo.com

Re: ME WANTEEEEEEEEEE

Stories for Boys said:
*bump*

ok, i missed your reply earlier.....but what the hey....

as far as the grand rapids plebans go, it's me and lies and ellen.....but i'm sure we could do something!! and i'm getting really pumped about getting a tattoo....i just need to decide where, when, and how (my parents'll kill me :ohmy:)

anyway....................email me!!! u2babyface9@yahoo.com

'K, sounds good! I am quite sure that my parents are going to kill me as well, which is why I'm waiting till I get back to school to do it...hehe...Besides, I don't think there's anyplace in Manistee County that does tattooes...That figures!

Re: Re: ME WANTEEEEEEEEEE

wertsie said:

'K, sounds good! I am quite sure that my parents are going to kill me as well, which is why I'm waiting till I get back to school to do it...hehe...Besides, I don't think there's anyplace in Manistee County that does tattooes...That figures!

if it's ok, i might want to come with you cause if i'm thinking of getting one i'll feel better being there with someone too......we'll talk email.....

carry on people :sexywink:

Re: Re: Re: ME WANTEEEEEEEEEE

Stories for Boys said:

if it's ok, i might want to come with you cause if i'm thinking of getting one i'll feel better being there with someone too......we'll talk email.....

carry on people :sexywink:

Okay, that would be cool. I definitely wouldn't mind having company. You've got mail. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom