Watch out bono!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awww no way!!! how the hell did bono manage that!! What would we do without bono, doesnt bare thinking about lol!:(

I worry about his safety a lot since his speech in Portland it has been bothering me. Why you may ask. The reason being that the security was not what you'd except for an event with such a high profile person speaking. A quick peek into hand bags and no metal detectors. I've been in schools more secure than The Rose Gardern was. Bono has helped bring about change in countries where some people would prefer it stay the same. That makes him a threat in their eyes. I always say a special lilttle prayer for him and his family each day. So many good remarkable people have had their time cut short throughout history by men with evil hearts. I want all of U2 to grow old and be able to enjoy their grandchildren! :) Adam has some work to do though.

Last edited:
On a related morbid note, one of my favorite parts in Flanagan's book is when he and Bono are out walking late at night and Bono is drunk and singing the theme song from the Monkees. Bono stumbles into the street and Bill grabs Bono just in time to prevent Bono form getting hit by a car. Bill goes on to comment that if he hadn't saved Bono, he would forever have to tell people that Bono's last words were "hey, hey, we're the Monkees. people say we monkey around." :wink:

madonna's child said:
On a related morbid note, one of my favorite parts in Flanagan's book is when he and Bono are out walking late at night and Bono is drunk and singing the theme song from the Monkees. Bono stumbles into the street and Bill grabs Bono just in time to prevent Bono form getting hit by a car. Bill goes on to comment that if he hadn't saved Bono, he would forever have to tell people that Bono's last words were "hey, hey, we're the Monkees. people say we monkey around." :wink:

I remember that part :laugh:

AtomicLemon said:
A tram? Where is he?

The Mirror
18th November 2004

MY LUAS ESCAPE

by FIONA WYNNE

The U2 frontman said a tram almost ploughed into him in Dublin.

But despite his near death experience, he still loves the Luas and
described it as "a beautiful mode of transport'.

Bono told Hotpress magazine: "If I had to choose a method of rapid
transport to be killed by it would be the Luas.

"The job of art is to chase ugliness away. Let's start with the
streets. Cars are ugly. Buses are ugly. The Luas is beautiful."

This isn't the first time Ireland's most famous son has come face to
face with death by transport vehicle.

Last month he was almost knocked down by a taxi driver as he crossed
Lansdowne Road.

(c) MGN Ltd. 2004

He's a bit of a eejit, aint he?
You think you'd learn from nearly getting hit by a taxi,but the luas? That would have been nasty!!
Dublin what a dangerous place, especially for little short arse Bono!!

starsgoblue said:
It is quite scary...I remember reading once about how Bono was recieving death threats for awhile. :tsk: I can't fathom the mind that actaully thinks the world would be better off with a man like Bono.

don't worry. Adam's around :wink:. i found this some time ago:

from Susan Black's "Bono: In His Own Words" to describing one moment which occurred in December of 1987

"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the (Joshua Tree) tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed. (The) cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said...he was coming tonight! (We are) onstage and I’m singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of this death threat crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment." :heart:

Yeah,as long as he's alright that's all that matters!!
Just watch where you are going next time Bono!!
You know i would be more than happy to watch over him all the time, just to make sure he's ok!!

e edge said:
well... we all know he can't drive his car very well, but i didn't know that this incompetence stretchs to noticing any moving vehicle.

I wouldn't call it incompetence. It's more like he seems to be preoccupied with a lot of things, and that leads him to be somewhat less attentive to his immediate surroundings (I can think of quite a few people like that). He's going to have to work on that.

well i have some difficulties with the luas too...i was in dublin 2 weeks ago and being from belgium i'm not used to cars, busses and trams driving the other side of the road...
my friend had to save me sometimes from being crushed
although the luas is indeed very modern and fast, but it doesn't have many lines...

well whatever bono should watch out a little more... :)

e edge said:

from Susan Black's "Bono: In His Own Words" to describing one moment which occurred in December of 1987

"There was a night in L.A. in the early part of the (Joshua Tree) tour when we had a death threat that the police were taking very seriously indeed. (The) cops came up to us just before we were about to go on and said...he was coming tonight! (We are) onstage and I’m singing 'Pride' thinking, 'If someone is going to do it it will be during this number.' So I crouched down on the stage, shut my eyes and for a moment the thought of this death threat crossed my mind. When I looked up I just saw Adam standing over me, between me and the crowd. It was a good, good moment." :heart:

Yeah! That's what I was referencing....and that's when I stopped seeing Adam as such a grumpmonster (I'm sorry, this smilie looks just like him :grumpy: ) and started seeing him as a sweetie--how many friends do you know that would do that for you?

e edge said:

Yeah, I remember reading that...that is the sweetest thing. The strong friendship that the four men of U2 share is extradinoary. Thank God they've got each other :heart:

I remember one time I was listening to the radio and they had played a couple U2 songs in a row, and I told my mom "Hey this radio station has been played U2 for like ten minutes now, isn't that cool?? I wonder why..." and my mom said casually "Maybe Bono died or something. They do that when rockstars die." I just about had a heart attack, seriously... I can't even begin to think about something like that. I wouldn't be able to function.

Bono has been very fortunate... my mom commented yesterday "Ever notice how the brightest flames, y'know, the people who are really BIG, tend to die young?" Indeed, I had noticed, and Bono came into my mind. He's one of the biggest rock stars around... he is also quite a humanitarian and politician and has probably upset many backwards-thinking people... plus he's a bit of risk-taker. He lets fans he doesn't even know into his car, for god's sake! I mean, Lennon was shot by a derranged fan, who's to say such a thing couldn't happen again? It worries me...but I'm just thankful the world has been graced with his presence and that nothing has happened to him yet. I think, if there's a God up there, he's defenatley looking out for Bono...so I guess I wouldn't worry too much. But I do worry. My friend Jane told me her friend Karin (who is also my friend, she's pretty cool and we share almost identical taste in music except for one gaping hole - for some reason she hates U2 with a passion. I don't understand it) had this boyfriend with a shirt on that said "Kill Bono". Apparently he shared Karin's distaste for the man :tsk: Jane told him off though...said she had a friend that would beat the shite outta him if she ever saw him :D (that'd be me, of course.) Still, it sickens me that anyone would wear such a shirt or want such a man to DIE. What the fuck did he ever do to you, asshole?! :mad:

Sorry, must not get too worked up...I just don't get people sometimes... Bono, my love, stay safe :hug: and watch where yer cute lil arse is goin'!

Back
Top Bottom