Watch Monday Night Football Ladies!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's Doll said:
I think they are going to New York for Today Show, GMA, & CNN to promote their book--not sure of dates/times--I read that somewhere.

Can you imagine if they performed on the Today show or GMA? I would be up there in an instant. :lol:

Bono's Doll said:
I think they are going to New York for Today Show, GMA, & CNN to promote their book--not sure of dates/times--I read that somewhere.

I can't remember where I got this from, but it was from a couple of months ago and it's in regards to the promotional tour of the book. It didn't say that the band would be at these places, as far as we know the co-writer Neil, Neil (can't remember the last name) maybe the one promoting the book or it could be the band on tape. Anyway...

Tues, Sept. 26-NBC/Dateline NBC/Today Show

Tues, Sept. 26-Telepictures Productions/Extra!

Wed, Sept 27-CBS-TV/The Early Show

Thurs, Sept 28-CNN/American Morning

Here in the local paper - it says U2 and Greenday fans will want to get to their seats early to catch the bands pre-game show. It also mentions half time performances. So I think they are playing both pre and halftime

Thanks for the information, I was trying to find it too and I came up with nothing.

Cassandra said:

I can't remember where I got this from, but it was from a couple of months ago and it's in regards to the promotional tour of the book. It didn't say that the band would be at these places, as far as we know the co-writer Neil, Neil (can't remember the last name) maybe the one promoting the book or it could be the band on tape. Anyway...

Tues, Sept. 26-NBC/Dateline NBC/Today Show

Tues, Sept. 26-Telepictures Productions/Extra!

Wed, Sept 27-CBS-TV/The Early Show

Thurs, Sept 28-CNN/American Morning

Thanks for the information, I was trying to find it too and I came up with nothing.
:shrug:

u2log.com has some info on rehearsal today at the Superdome

This afternoon U2 and their crew prepared for the band’s performance with Green Day tomorrow night at the Superdome. Our spy inside the Superdome provided the following real-time report:

2:45 pm - The U2 crew practice putting up and striking the stage as quickly as possible. The stage design is simple.

3:20 pm - The Edge and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day film interviews together in the end zone with Good Morning America and Extra. Bono runs around inside the stadium with photographers following him. Paul McGuinness surveys the action.

4:20 pm - The Edge rehearses some Green Day songs, as well as “The Saints Are Coming” and “Beautiful Day,” alone to a tape. His trusty tech Dallas Schoo stands by.

4:40 pm - Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton arrive with the rest of the members of Green Day, joining Edge on stage for rehearsal. Bono is the last on stage, wearing a different outfit than what he arrived in. It’s a black military-style jacket with an atomic bomb starburst design on the back, black pants, and a black tee. Bono grabs his microphone and says, “Welcome to the black and red conference.”

4:45 pm - The bands rehearse “The Saints Are Coming,” segueing into “Beautiful Day.” Every volunteer and staff member working in the Superdome is on the field watching the bands rehearse.

4:55 pm - The bands rehearse Green Day’s song “Wake Up When September Ends” repeatedly.

5:05 pm - Rehearsal continues. The song order for the performance tomorrow appears to be “Wake Up When September Ends,” “The Saints Are Coming,” and “Beautiful Day.”

5:15 pm - Rehearsal ends with a round of applause from everyone on the field.

Last edited:
CRAP!!!

I just realized I have a meeting that I can't miss at the time of the pregame show!!!! noooooooooooooo :scream:

Hopefully people will be ready to upload it, but I really don't want to miss it live...:sad:

kellyahern said:
3:20 pm - ...Bono runs around inside the stadium with photographers following him.

:giggle: Just had a mental image of that!

Thanks Kelly! :up:

I have to rely on someone taping it for me too. :sad:
This should be really awesome. Thanks for the update!

schedule for those who are time zone challenged:

ET 8:21-8:30
CT 7:21-7:30
Mountain Time 6:21-6:30
Pacific Time 5:21-5:30

Arizona I think you're on Pacific time right now, and all of IN is on CT right now. AK is 4:21-4:30 and HI is 2:21-2:30.

I think that covers it.

kellyahern said:
Bono runs around inside the stadium with photographers following him.
:cute: Typical child-like Bono behaviour. Okay, who's got the gif from after the last night of the ZooTV tour with Bono running and jumping around the empty stadium in the background, while Edge is being interviewed? :lol:

kellyahern said:

This afternoon U2 and their crew prepared for the band’s performance with Green Day tomorrow night at the Superdome. Our spy inside the Superdome provided the following real-time report:

2:45 pm - The U2 crew practice putting up and striking the stage as quickly as possible. The stage design is simple.

3:20 pm - The Edge and Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day film interviews together in the end zone with Good Morning America and Extra. Bono runs around inside the stadium with photographers following him. Paul McGuinness surveys the action.

4:20 pm - The Edge rehearses some Green Day songs, as well as “The Saints Are Coming” and “Beautiful Day,” alone to a tape. His trusty tech Dallas Schoo stands by.

4:40 pm - Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton arrive with the rest of the members of Green Day, joining Edge on stage for rehearsal. Bono is the last on stage, wearing a different outfit than what he arrived in. It’s a black military-style jacket with an atomic bomb starburst design on the back, black pants, and a black tee. Bono grabs his microphone and says, “Welcome to the black and red conference.”

4:45 pm - The bands rehearse “The Saints Are Coming,” segueing into “Beautiful Day.” Every volunteer and staff member working in the Superdome is on the field watching the bands rehearse.

4:55 pm - The bands rehearse Green Day’s song “Wake Up When September Ends” repeatedly.

5:05 pm - Rehearsal continues. The song order for the performance tomorrow appears to be “Wake Up When September Ends,” “The Saints Are Coming,” and “Beautiful Day.”

Sounds amazing!!! I think we will be seeing alot of that military jacket....:drool:

The Good Morning America Interview is probably taped to be shown on Monday Morning? I assume.

capt-8.jpg

DreamOutLoud13 said:

:cute: Typical child-like Bono behaviour. Okay, who's got the gif from after the last night of the ZooTV tour with Bono running and jumping around the empty stadium in the background, while Edge is being interviewed? :lol:

zooafterbonogeekymoveGg.gif

zooafterbonogeekymove2Gg.gif

Edge was just on CNN. It was only a few seconds though. He just said something about how they were concentrating on rebuilding the music in New Orleans.

kellyahern said:

Thank you for posting this...Im so freaking out I am an obvious U2 fan and a Green Day fan *saw them twice live last year they are amazing live*

but preforming together..each others songs??? :faint::rockon::faint:

U2FloridaFan said:
schedule for those who are time zone challenged:

Arizona I think you're on Pacific time right now, and all of IN is on CT right now. AK is 4:21-4:30 and HI is 2:21-2:30.

I think that covers it.

So since I dont watch football..I should be ready to record tomorrow Monday night right?? guhhh!!! Im attempting to record it on dvd *first time doing it * so I can down load it for those who wont be able to see it.....I hope I dont mess this up Ive been setting up the machine all day :huh:

^Good video, Dream - thanks for posting the link! Was that Billie Joe singing Beautiful Day during the soundcheck too?- maybe not, don't know if the video and audio were one and the same. Can hardly wait for tonight's show! Hoping this will translate to a major boost for New Orleans! :yes:

Last edited:
Here on the AM morning radio program in New Orleans they are using U2 music as bumper music all morning long. This place is so geared up for today - its been a long time coming:)

hcbiggs2002 said:
There was just a short clip of U2 coming into the stadium and a snippet of the interview with Edge on BBC world news! :hyper:

TYeah they have been showing clips of the rehersal all morning on the local tv stations......What a great way to wake up I get up at 5 in the morning turn on the tv as always and Edge is one talking about N.O and the rebuilding:hyper:

BonoFox1 said:
P.S..I always get confused with the scheduale..I live in the West but my satielite has Eastern times.....What time is the game showing in the East????

Back
Top Bottom