Wake Up Dead Man: Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SimplyConfused

War Child
Bowie was right! There IS life on Mars! Well, Newc
OK, Part 2!

Disclaimer: As you know, a load of twaddle. And we wouldn't want it to be true, if you read Part 1. We don't want Bono missing for five years, do we?

--------------------

“You ready, Jordan?” Jack, my boyfriend, called from the steps outside our flat.

“Yeah!” I answered breathlessly, dragging my suitcase to the door. We took our luggage to the taxi.

“You excited?” He asked, as he took my hand once our suitcases were in the boot.

“Hell yes! I can’t wait!” We got in the taxi and sat, hand in hand, as the taxi took us to the airport. We checked in and went through the whole malarkey of airports. We got seated on the plane for this long haul flight to Australia and I almost immediately fell asleep. Well, it was four in the morning!

I woke up around noon. Jack was asleep when I looked at him. Aww, he looked so sweet with his floppy hair all messed up. I smiled to myself before looking for something to do. Aha! The radio thingamajig! (I’m so technical…) I plugged in my earphones and flicked through the massive array of channels. Loads of crappy stuff. Ooh! Boomtown Rats! I like them. I listened to them for a while then decided to flick some more.

I almost had a heart attack when I heard my father’s voice. This is ridiculous! I should not freak out every time I hear a U2 song! It’s been five years now Jordan, get a grip on yourself!

I turned off the radio and decided to wait around for the lunch to be given out. I was still rather shaky after what had happened. About five minutes later, after I woke up Jack, the stewardesses came to give us our lunch.

Another nine hours passed, in which we had another meal and we watched a couple of movies, before the plane descended into Canberra airport. We collected our luggage and made our way to the hotel.

We were absolutely exhausted when we got to our room and we both just flopped down on the bed and fell asleep.

“Heya, gorgeous,” was the first thing I heard when I woke up. Those words came from the mouth of Jack. I smiled back at him.

“Heya, handsome.”

I got up and made some coffee. Looking at my watch, I saw it was half eleven. Must have been really tired yesterday.

“So, what do you want to do today?” Jack asked, yawning.

“Shall we have a walk around the city? Then we can come back here, get changed and go eat out.”

“Yeah, that sounds like fun. We can do that.”

We both got changed and set off to walk around the city. We had a fun day and a fun night too. If you know what I mean…

Next day, we did pretty much the same because Canberra was a large place. I enjoyed it then as well. For the next week we did lots of activities, went into the outback for a couple of days, saw loads of animals. It was brilliant. I had always wanted to go to Australia and now I was here! It was better than I had imagined.

“Urgh, I don’t feel too good,” Jack told me, one night after going deep sea diving (that was fun!). “I think I swallowed a fish or something. I’m gonna be sick.” He rushed to the bathroom and emptied his stomach contents.

“Shall I call a doctor?” I asked, concerned. I walked into the bathroom, thanking my lucky stars I had a strong stomach, and rubbed Jack’s back.

“If I’m not feeling well tomorrow, you can call one in, but it should be gone over night,” he reassured me. “I hope.”

I managed to sleep peacefully that night, considering Jack puking every hour into the bucket beside his bed. God, I hope he’s OK.

When I woke up, Jack was already awake, looking very pale indeed. “I’m calling a doctor,” I said, as soon as I saw him. He looked at me, and, being a man and all, pleaded with his eyes for me not too. They were all so ‘macho’. But he was in no physical state to argue. I got up, found my mobile and called the number it said on a piece of paper the hotel had given us. I got through and managed to get a doctor to come see Jack. He said he would be there in an hour.

During that hour, Jack vomited a few more times, but seeing as he had an empty stomach, he was just ridding himself of the water I made him drink. There was a knock on the door and I let the doctor in.

“Hi, I’m Dr. Matthews. What seems to be the problem?

“Hi, he’s been ill since last night, and we don’t know what caused it,” I told him.

“Have you been doing any activities lately? Something that could make him ill?”

“Well, we went deep sea diving yesterday, and we stayed out in the outback a couple days ago for a night.”

“Well, I’ll just check him over.” Dr. Matthews spent about ten minutes seeing what was wrong with Jack and asking him questions. When he finished, he turned to me.

“Right, he caught a virus from when he was out deep sea diving and he should be fine in a few days if he takes the pills on this prescription. Three a day.” He gave me a prescription and advised I get them now. I thanked him and saw him out.

“OK then Jack, I’m gonna go get your medication. Will you be OK while I’m gone? I should only be about half an hour,” I asked him. He was still lying in bed.

“Yeah, I’ll be fine,” he managed to croak. “I have the toilet, don’t I?” He grinned weakly.

“OK then, see you in a bit.” I grabbed my purse and the prescription and opened the door. Making my way out of the building, I realised I had no idea where the nearest pharmacy was. Crap. I would just ask someone.

I found someone to tell me where the pharmacy was and I was on my way back to the hotel. I turned a corner and saw something that made my heart stop.

----------------------------

I feel bad about leaving you on a cliffhanger. I know how it feels... Muahahahahaha! I'll get Part 3 done soon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom