VMA's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I dont really even want to talk about the VMA's. I just want to post a couple pics.

%3B%3C%3B%3B69232323%7Ego4%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323273%3A74459ot1lsi

%3B%3C%3B%3B69232323%7Ego4%3Dot%3E2325%3D%3B94%3D65%3A%3DXROQDF%3E2323273%3A7445%3Aot1lsi

smile.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Yeah, screw Mtv. Our boys looked very, very nice as usual!

capt.999836840mtv_awards_xnyr164.jpg

capt.999835076mtv_awards_xnyr158.jpg

capt.999824213mtv_awards_xnyr121.jpg

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 09-07-2001).]

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCREW MTV...THEY SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know one thing no way will I watch it next year!..What a waste of 2 3/4 hrs..Only great part was U2!!
Rename it the Rap/Hip Video Awards...sheesh!..That is all it was..But thats what the teenpoppers like I guess...MTV..such suck ups!

And sheesh...n*stink...could it get any worse.?

I am in a s*** mood for the rest of the nite..
frown.gif
Hopefully I will have a better day tomorrow..

Have nothing else to say...my 2cents.. for what its worth lol...

Peace!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

Originally posted by mocool12:

capt.999836840mtv_awards_xnyr164.jpg

YUMMY!
wink.gif

Cool pics gals!

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Oh, I'm so glad it's not just ME! I stayed up really late (when you consider I have to get up at 6) and was FURIOUS! I was so mad I lay awake even longer, thus making me REALLY tired and cranky this morning. My major beefs (sorry, I need to rant!):

1) I have never seen so much ARTIFICE in one place at one time in my life of watching awards shows. What put the lid on it was when Muchmusic went and spoke to Jessica Simpson, and asked her what she was looking forward to the most (in ditzy voice) "Oh, I'm really looking forward to N' Sync's performance! And oh, we're going to the JLo party afterwards! Tee hee he!" AAAHHHH! Everyone was so plastic and ditzy! Larry must have been totally miserable.

2) N' Sync beat U2!!!! That pretty much set the tone for the evening. At least they had the good manners to acknowledge that U2 got robbed. U2's Pop crashes, N' Sync's Pop is a huge hit. What is this world coming to???

3) I hope this won't offend any of you, but this business of thanking God at music ceremonies REALLY bugs me. They never do it at movie awards, only music. I wonder why that is? Anyway, I think it's fine to thank God for your talent, or for getting you through a hard time or something, but for an MTV award??!!! God had nothing to do with it! It's vulgar IMO. At least U2, the one band who probably could get away with thanking God, had the good taste to leave Him out of it.

4) Why wasn't an artist introducing U2 and saying what a huge influence they are or something? Carson's speech was OK and everything, but that struck me as odd. The power failure (oh, the stage manager must have been shitting bricks!) really sucked any momentum out of that one. U2 should forget about medleys, it also ruins the momentum. It was one of their less enthusiastic performances to say the least, but even that blew everyone else out of the water. I don't think Stuck is a song that can be appreciated by that audience. IMO, they should have just done a blistering Elevation and left it at that. And then to bring out the Ramones...well that was a nice gesture, but the end just seemed kind of like show and tell and there was no real "UMPH" to end it for want of a better word. Everyone just kind of wandered out and that was it!

All in all a total waste of time. Grrrrr.

Sorry to be so very negative and unpleasant. I hope Sicy had a good B-day despite all. Sorry I've been so quiet lately too, I will be back next week with the next story.

TTYL!

Thank you, beautiful pics! Our boys don't need MTV. They should know that, look what they've done in the past year without it.

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Moby won...Alicia Keyes...(I am not into that kind of music but at least she is a real musican!) and U2 are the only things I will remember postively from this show...

the pictures are nice...thanks

Well, Jess-you said it ALL!!! And its just the truth-which is unfortunately sometimes negative and unpleasant.

MTV is so totally beneath our guys-its sad that they even have to be involved with them.

And Alicia Keys-so GREAT to see a woman on there w/ actual MUSICAL TALENT that doesn't rely on skimpy outfits and silicone. And Moby is an absolute sweetheart and makes original music-not schlock so many others.

What a colossal waste of cable space that channel is. And lame attempts at humor at other peoples' expense by that Jamie Foxx-ugh-distasteful IMO.

NY Times:

"Video is all about prerecorded images, but the show's best performances were by musicians who didn't need to lip-synch: U2, which won the show's version of a lifetime achievement award..."

USA Today:

"The night was not without its glitches: As U2 was about to perform "Elevation," a technical problem forced MTV to cut to commercials until it was fixed."

"Bono also paid tribute to Joey Ramone, who died earlier this year of lymphoma, as he introduced the remaining members of the legendary punk rock group the Ramones to the audience."

Even tho U2 was robbed by bands like N'Stink, I am still a very proud U2 fan!
smile.gif

Thanx girls for the comments !!!
Now I know that I didn't missed nothing interesting (except our boys !!!). I was so miserable all day 'cause I didn't manage to be awake for VMA (it started around 1 & and I have to get up at six - I've seen only half of red carpet and fell asleep of boredom...).
what was B's comment about mullet?
eek.gif

PLS PLS PLS tell me !!!

The mullet comment was lame and uneccesary. He just made some comments about what he called dodgy videos and dodgy hairdos. The show was full of both last night, and none of them were U2's. It upsets me that they could put themselves down like that. They have never done anything dodgy, but the rest of those no talent idiots sure do.

------------------

here's a photo of bono and ali, and the rest of the band. if it doesn't appear, just go to www.u2guatemala.com

u2_08.jpg

i, too, thought the awards SUCKED. U2 is too good for that stupid show. at least their performance rocked, and they showed some class when accepting their award. blech. i hate MTV!

[This message has been edited by Ally (edited 09-07-2001).]

U2guatemala is geocities therefore it never shows up here
frown.gif
Those were good pics, I liked the Ramones one too.

------------------

Oh my god.. Mysterious Way's pics are up on that site.

God I'm so fucking jealous!!!!!!!!! &%$#$

tongue.gif

------------------
Got The Swing Got The Sway
Got My Straw In Lemonade

Sicy's Website

Originally posted by U2Kitten:
The mullet comment was lame and uneccesary. He just made some comments about what he called dodgy videos and dodgy hairdos. The show was full of both last night, and none of them were U2's. It upsets me that they could put themselves down like that. They have never done anything dodgy, but the rest of those no talent idiots sure do.

This is true, I thought so last night! Here you go Bono, you want 'dodgy' you got it....
imdf07092001000645a.jpg

capt.999832015mtv_awards_xnyr148.jpg

imdf06092001231107a.jpg

imdf07092001001810a.jpg

capt.999836818mtv_awards_xnyr161.jpg

capt.999838017mtv_awards_xnyr167.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!!LMAO!!!!!!!

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

To make up for my last post, here is a sweet and beautiful Bono pic from last night!
smile.gif

capt.999834529mtv_awards_xnyr159.jpg

That award is like a lifetime achievement award, and that's something the teenpop bunch will never get, their careers won't last that long!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

NOW I'm an ACROBAT!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

imdf06092001235053a.jpg

U2=You know your time has come around, so don't let the MTV bastards grind you down!
------------------
Just as you find me
always I will be
a little bit too free
with myself
-Bono and Edge

[This message has been edited by SamanthaPuff (edited 09-07-2001).]

I fell asleep with my tv on so I didn't see most of it.I woke up however 1 min before U2 came on to perform (creepy or what).Were they on before that?

I didn't even WATCH the VMAs and I'm still pissed over what I was hearing all night on line...ARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO BLOODY DISGUSTING!!!! You nailed it, Jess!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Then this morning at work, two of my coworkers were extolling the virtues of INSTINK (emphasis on STINK) as well as all the other boy bands with no REAL talent!!! They're all just 'entertainers' they're not even a real BAND!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Face it gals...a line has now been crossed...I noticed it for myself a year or two ago: there are no real good decent groups out there any more, I tell ya. I know I *cannot* relate to the current music scene at all, and I used to be very "hip" and really kept up on the music scene (I worked at an alternative radio station for awhile, which opened my eyes to a LOT of great stuff the U.S. market WILL NEVER SEE OR HEAR). The bottom line: the U.S. music market completely SUCKS, and is run and guided by a small handful of corporate moguls who just "don't get it" and only care about how many other stations they can buy up and how much f***ing money they can make...and hey, who cares about TALENT??? I could go on and on, but... *gets down off soapbox, wipes hands*

Goddess, thanks for those precious pictures, they're adorable!!! (does anyone know if there are on-line boots of U2 on the VMA yet???) I love our boys, but they really are now the "old guard" of the music scene now, I fear (sorry but you know it's true). They are the last of the real, true, good old-fashioned ROCK-AND-ROLLERS. There will NEVER be another like them (not that there ever has been!) and that makes me very sad indeed.
frown.gif

Sniff--
Disco

Originally posted by Mrs. Edge:

1) I have never seen so much ARTIFICE in one place at one time in my life

2) N' Sync beat U2!!!!

Well I for one was very excited last night. They made the boys one of the last acts which kept me waiting and getting more and more excited (also made my mother very cranky! GET TO BED!)

1. I was excited to see Michael Jackson
2. Christopher Walken has the funniest voice
3. Edge: I'm a soprano!!!!! And if the night runs over....
4. Camera kept showing Bono and Mrs Bono. I was mad!
smile.gif

5. "THANKS FOR LETTING US RUB UP AGAINST YOU!" ~Bono~ I let out an insane Beatle fan-esque scream

maybe my mind had gotten warped from the first 12 hours of the show, but once I saw Bono squatting down to the crowd, that was all I needed.
smile.gif

mad at jamie fox for making fun of AJ (backstreet boys). I know I know he's in a boy band but he's human and he is/was an alcoholic and I don't think that's nice to make fun of things like that.

making fun of Christina Aguilera on the other hand...
smile.gif
smile.gif

all my boys were Beau2iful.
smile.gif
smile.gif

*rubbing up against Bono*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

"There's too much Chex and not enough Mix!" ~Me

Also their performance got the biggest response from the audience. Not even nsync got as much applause

------------------
~*Mona*~
"What you don't have you don't need it now, What you don't know you can feel it somehow." ~U2~

Originally posted by WildHonee:
"THANKS FOR LETTING US RUB UP AGAINST YOU!" *rubbing up against Bono*

OMG I WAS DYING!! I was like... Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeease rub up against me!!

LOL!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

Hey did you guys like the sony blue alien commercials... Gosh, he's so cute! That was like the only good thing besides U2 in that 3 and a half hours
smile.gif

------------------
~Vero
"Well if you dream then dream out loud...Always"

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:

OMG I WAS DYING!! I was like... Oh pleeeeeeeeeeeeease rub up against me!!

LOL!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

full swooning mode!

Also
Bono: *opens right side of jacket -- american flag!!* I thought that was adorable!

Also Bon Jovi was being one hot tamale last night.

------------------
~*Mona*~

Back
Top Bottom