Vivaaaaaa LAS VEGA$!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Discoteque

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Okay PLEBA girls! I'm posting a buncha info about the possible trip to VEGA$, if anyone is interested. So here's what a Vegas-loving coworker told me:

• Go to Orbitz.com for the best comparative fares, OR
    Check with your local travel section for cheap package deals;

The cheapest hotels in Vegas:

Circus Circus - runs $39 to $89, depending on which day, and we can always share!
    smile.gif

The Vegas Convention Center is located right across the street (the main strip) just behind the Riviera.

Lady Luck - located downtown; this hotel has the bus depot just behind it. You can get a fairly cheap round trip fare to/from the airport for about $10.00.

If a bunch of people go, we can maybe get group rates too.
    smile.gif

Don't rent a car, use taxi's and buses to get around.

---
I also pulled a post from one of the U2 groups, too (Lisa has done these U2 road trips before!)

To: u2-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: The Big Girls' West Coast Road Trip

• For all the Big Girls who's men just don't understand...
    For be in the heart wannaabe's ...
    For the mommies who NEED a break from the house and the kids just before the holidays...
    For Big girls who just want to have fun.....
    Well...its time...

The tickets look as if they will go on sale next week. WOO HOO!!! Who's in for the all girls West Coast road trip? I plan on attending:.

-LA (both shows There's a decent (under $100) hotel a few blocks from the venue)
-Phoenix, (Not on the latest list from youtoo.net but we can still hope)
-Vegas (I have a free suite upgrade at the Riviera 6 or 7 can all fit in for under $100)
-San Diego (? we should be so lucky)
-Oakland, Denver and Salt Lake City if tickets and funds and husbands allow.......

Who's with me?

I have an almost new minivan that seats seven, a luggage rack, a squeaky clean driving record and a husband from heaven who's willing to put up with me disappearing for a while. I'm married, monogamous,
non smoking, and sober (when I'm driving at least) Email me (lisac@sedona.net), let's share the fun AND the expenses.

Lisa
(who's husband is a gift from God for letting her do this)

----
Dis-GO!!!
biggrin.gif

*Bluey dons her white Elvis jumpsuit and cop shades and jumps around the forum*
VIVVVVVVAAAAAAAAAAA LAS VEGAS!
Yeah baby, uh huh huh huh. I'm in little Momma! *crappiest Elvis sneer ever*
I will have to see about money and ticket availiability and such but if I'm going anywhere, I'm going there.
Hey, is it too late to sign up for prop to be eligible for the ticket thingy???
Uh huh huh huh little momma!
-Bluey

Well sadly the new job fell through
frown.gif

It was a promote from within type deal.....wont go into the boring details.....normally this would have wreaked my self esteem .......
wink.gif
.....but now I'm just pondering the possibilities
biggrin.gif

Las Vegas sounds very interesting.......and very possible now that I have my vacation time still in tact!!!!!

I'm in Ohio so my friend and I will be flying if we go....but we would certainly be into getting together with all you gals.....it would be a blast !!!!! I've never been to Vegas so I'm really thinking about it!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What better excuse to go than to see a U2 show...right?

Disco keep me updated on the plan......
fxxamm@aol.com or I'm sure I'll read about it here!!!!!!

------------------
I'm just a singer,some say a sinner.Rolling the dice,not always a winner.
You say I've been lucky,well hell I've made my own.
Not part of the crowd,but not feeling alone.

----Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad-----

ARGH!

This tour is going to put me in the pour house... i'm already planning on Montreal, Chicago, Providence and possibly NY. Why oh why can't a have no job with a disposable income? Maybe the band needs more roadies...
biggrin.gif

------------------
It's no secret that the stars, are falling from the sky...
-Kathleen-

Well, here's the scoop with me. My mom's taking her three children on a getaway that very weekend for her birthday. However, I should be able to get away on the Saturday and fly over in time for the Sunday show. Any way I can swing this, I will. My friend Lynn might be able to a comp or reduced room at the Luxor (where the band stayed last time) because her uncle is a big Vegas high roller. So I would be staying with her and a couple of her friends. If all of you are going to Vegas I REALLY want to be there!!! I will do my very, very best.

Sorry your job feel through Browneyed girl, but it's an omen- you were meant to see U2! Go! I bet you'll find a better job when you get back!
wink.gif

------------------
"Walk On, stay safe tonight"

Thanks U2kitten........that's kinda the way I looked at it myself...
wink.gif

I've been at my job for 5 years......so it's not like I had to have this one,it was with the county where I live, a gov't job ,which means major job security!!!!(god... just listen to me I sound like a OLD person)

Anyway I told my Mom that this was a SIGN....."what kind of sign "says my inquisitive Mother......"a sign I'm gonna get to meet Bono"!!!!!!I replied.......

So that is my goal....just a few words and a photo!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

"just" she says confidently!!!!
wink.gif

------------------

YYYYEEEEESSSSS!!!! I am hoping so bad that I can make it to the Vegas show! Thanks Disco for posting that stuff. I wanna meet all you PLEBA gals so much! I can't wait for these damn concerts! I'M GONNA EXPLODE!!!

------------------
"In the shower, which is a natural echo chamber, I sing like I never have sung on a record. But the way I always try to sing on records. Completely bollocks naked!" -Bono

OMG, you guys!
I just realized something
We can ALL swamp wax-bono at the museum and get some great group grope pics!!!!!
Just imagine it!!!!
"Okay, now you sit on Bono and I'll pretend to bite his ear, and we need someone else to lie at his feet!"
Uh huh huh huh little Mommas!
-Bluey

Thanks Disco, I posted something on EYKIW about Road Trips and thats exactly the kind of advice I was looking for.

Thinking of coming over for the West Coast side of things. If none of you mind an English bod tagging along, I'd be mighty interested in meeting up with you all.

Esp. for the wax-bono group hug
biggrin.gif
(bluey, I was made for lying at his feet and and lying on any part of him that he deems necessary)

Originally posted by blueeyes:
OMG, you guys!
I just realized something
We can ALL swamp wax-bono at the museum and get some great group grope pics!!!!!
Just imagine it!!!!
"Okay, now you sit on Bono and I'll pretend to bite his ear, and we need someone else to lie at his feet!"
Uh huh huh huh little Mommas!
-Bluey
So now we are gonna group grope the wax-Bono?! LOL **We PLEBA chicks be WILD**!!!!! I'd feel bad for the poor guy(s)if we ran into them as a group! Their security guys would really have a "major situation" on their hands!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Bass players attract the weirdest fans..." --Edge

"She is the dreamer, she's imagination..."

*+*MaRiA*+*

OH! I really really want to meet some or all of you and Vegas sounds so fun. I just haven't been able to hammer anything out for sure yet.
I will be off from work the week of the NYC concerts, but I will have a 10 year old out of school that week, and I don't think he would like it, if his mom drags him to U2 concerts.
So if I can get days off at the right time in November, I will try to do Vegas and or LA or Oakland or SLC.
Any and all Texas dates, I will be at though!
So maybe after the official announcement we can start a thread for each city, and plan get togethers and room sharing, travel sharing etc...
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

PLEBA CONVENTIONS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!

I think that is a great idea EPandAmerica....
that's what I'm trying to do, wait till the official dates....then plan like CRAZY!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Las Vegas is a possibility as well as maybe Austin.....besides the South Bend date !!!!
God I'm getting that sick,happy,nervous feeling all over again .......I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

I want to go to Vegas!!!!!!!

But one of my friends would have to come with me. Yes, I am 21 and have never been on a plane before. How pathetic.

But I want to GO!!!!!!!

------------------
BOOM-CHA

O.K. girls I'm starting to get really excited about this Vegas thing!!!!
biggrin.gif

Seriously trying to get my friend lined up to go.......
This just might happen, and it would be AWESOME for all of us to be there together....if we were all in the heart the boys would certainly feel the love (er..lust)
wink.gif

I just can't wait till these bloody dates are "official" !!!!

You should go LadyLemon.....can you imagine how much fun could be had by all of us in Vegas!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

YES! VEGAS! ME TOO!
Well, I definitely got the 12th to the 19th off of work, thank the good Lord above!
So, I am seriously thinking Vegas!
I would love to meet up with all you crazy U2 obsessers too, we'll talk more next week?!?!?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

THE FALL IS FINALLY HERE!!!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
Oh man...browneyedgirl is totally pulling my leg here.
smile.gif

Vegas, baby!!
biggrin.gif

Or Chicago...

Kristina-either way, I'll see ya there!!

biggrin.gif

I am getting really excited at the thought of Vegas, girls! It would be so cool to have PLEBA in Vegas, seeing the boys in the heart and all...imagine the possibilities!

I'm chipping away at me mum, and I think she may be caving since I'm going to foot the bill for the Chicago shows.
smile.gif

I hope we can all do this, and I hope to see all of you there come November!!

(Gosh, I'm getting so damn giddy-not like me *at all*.)
wink.gif

------------------
"Enough of this video bullshit, I'm going to give you some culture. Know what I mean?" -Larry

~April

April, I have to covince my friends to go to Chi-town!!

The past few days I have been brainwashing my roommate. She likes U2, but not at our level. I've been making her watch my videos. We were going to hit the bars last night, but no, we stayed, drank way too much, and watched the PopMart and the Sydney videos. But she loved it.
smile.gif

I'm going to spread my obession dammit!

We WILL go to Chicago...
smile.gif

I will be pissed if we don't.

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Girls, part 2 (or is it part 6?) of this Vegas plan. There's someone on the U2-List that said she would check into getting some cheap group discounts depending on how many people are really planning to go. I emailed her for more details, so after I talk to her more in depth, I'll post it for the U2 world to see. One of the things I want to check on is if she has a PayPal account, or how she plans to do all this planning. Keep your fingers crossed!!!
biggrin.gif

What's making this difficult is that we are all SO SPREAD OUT, plus we're communicating by email, which can be a bit dodgy (sometimes just a good old phone call works best), so it's hard to know if people are REALLY COMMITTED to doing this, or if they're just saying, "yeah, I want to go" then someone makes plans for them, and they back out at the last minute. Personally, I know I WANT to go, but I'm still not sure if it's possible for me. I have to view the world thru my pocketbook!

Group rates would be best of course, but we really need committed Pleba's for that!!!
wink.gif

Disco...seriously

Oh man...browneyedgirl is totally pulling my leg here.
smile.gif

No seriously...ah, decisions, decisions. God Vegas, baby, VEGAS!!! (my brother is obsessed with swingers...but hey, it's a great flick).

OK, I HAVE to go to the south bend show. No ifs, ands, or buts. Plus I really, really want to go to Chicago too. But Vegas!! Oh man. Wow.

But there is the money situation...so Chicago may be more feasible...if I can only drag some friends along with me. Plus, I'm going to London for spring break...so that's eating up some cash.

Oh dear, I am rambling to myself.

Vegas, baby!!
biggrin.gif

Or Chicago...

------------------
BOOM-CHA

Back
Top Bottom