video of bono falling from the stage!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

miss-U2

Refugee
hey!!!!

i found something really really funny here!!!! maybe some of you already saw it...i heard about it but i have never seen it before....thanks to babyface1 who sent it to me!!!

ur gonna laugh!! my god, iw as cracking up laughing!!! really ur gonna die laughing!!!! that's soooo cool!!!! it is also scaring...poor bono!!!! i hope he was allright after this!!!

put in in full screen, and then be really careful!!!!

http://membres.lycos.fr/u2box/divers/bonofall.ram

enjoy!!!!

Can't play .ram on this computer...g2 wait till I've got internet on me own computer...

I've seen that before-poor Bono :hug:

As far as I know he didn't hurt himself, thank God. I'm not sure if the heart had lights on it at that time ...did that happen the first date of the tour?

my friend told me bono fell also a second time, into the crowd....the security guys were pushing everybody out of teh way, to get him out of the crowd...

and it was the opening night, now it is sure!!! i asked this guy!!

Its funny that he falls and its great he didnt get hurt BUT the best thing about the whole video is Bono's reaction when he gets back on to the stage. He is staring @ Edge and sort of giggles a bit. Most performers wouldnt be able to laugh at themselves for falling but Bono does!!

I like the slightly dazed look on his face when he's just lying there after the fall. Like he's surprised and slightly confused. :lol:

I was there--it was the first Miami show. It's weird watching the clip and seeing how quickly he got back up on stage--it seemed like it took forever at the time and I was scared!!

I remember reading about that in the press. It was just a couple of days before my show in Atlanta and I was psyched, forgetting the Dewey Decimal System at work (the shelving system for many U.S. libraries in case you don't know) and other scatterbrained things...........poor guy looks like that fall hurt! He didn't let that hurt the song........

Bono stage diving...

At the first show (National Car Rental Stadium in Ft. Lauderdale/Miami), Bono not only fell off the stage (scared us), but then during "The Fly" he dove off the stage into the crowd! The first exodus was an accident, but the second was definitely orchestrated with the bodyguards knowing he was going to do it. I don't think the people in the crowd could tell he was about to fly into them, though...it seemed he took them by surprise. It was quite a cool thing to see.

Smooth, Bono, very smooth...:lol:...poor guy :hug:! Glad he was okay.

I like how he handled it. He's just like, "Eh, oh, well", gets right back up, and continues singing. :up:.

Besides, Bono's had a thing with falling off stages before, so this probably wasn't that unusual for him.

Look at it this way, at least he wasn't holding a spotlight this time! :p.

Angela

Whew! You can say that he's truly grounded! :wink:

I see why his back bothers him. He needs to watch where he's going! It looked like he walked straight back and forgot that the heart was curved. Poor Bono! He's a true showman for bouncing back so quickly. It did look like it hurt though.

Poor baby! I have to admit I sniggered at first but it's not really funny. I bet he got quite a shock. And the true professional that he is he just went on with the show!

And as for Edge, I bet he and the rest of the lads gave Bono such a ribbing after the show.

Edge: "Hey, Bono! Did ya run outta stage there, man?"

Bono: "Get lost! It wasn't funny."

Larry: "It was from where I was looking."

Adam: "Can you do it again? I missed it the first time?":lol: :lol:

youvedonewhat said:
Poor baby! I have to admit I sniggered at first but it's not really funny. I bet he got quite a shock. And the true professional that he is he just went on with the show!

And as for Edge, I bet he and the rest of the lads gave Bono such a ribbing after the show.

:lmao:

Seriously, I'm glad he wasn't hurt. :hug: He probably landed on his feet; I don't know how high that ramp was off the ground (about 4-5 feet?). it's not that far to fall, but if you land wrong...ow!

And he is truly a professional, with a true "the show must go on" attitude. :)

He certainly could've hurt himself pretty good-my sister fell off trampoline a few years back that wasn't that far off the ground, and she broke her wrist. So yeah, something like that could've happened-could've sprained his ankle or wrist or something.

Thankfully, though, that wasn't the case. :).

youvedonewhat said:

:lol:! :yes:.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom