Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Inquiring minds want to know... what exactly is your favorite U2 video(s) and why? This question has probably been asked a lot, but... I'm just curious!
My favorites have to be the Stay (Faraway, So Close) video, Lemon and Beautiful Day... but I really love them all, these were just the first that came to mind.
It was really weird with Beautiful Day because when I first heard the song, for some reason, I immediately had thoughts of a stark white building and this gorgeous blue sky with an airplane trail in it. And the video was amazing. I loved them playing on the runway.
smile.gif

And Lemon... I just love it! It's really a good video, especially if you want to see Macphisto (and the fly, he's in there too!)..
Stay? I recently got to see City of Angels and saw it was based on a Wim Wenders movie, and I had heard that Stay had some connections with it all. I think it's beautiful
smile.gif
Besides, who can resist Bono on a giant angel statue
tongue.gif

Please post your answers & pictures if you want!
biggrin.gif

I would have to agree that Stay is a great video, but I also like 'the sweetest thing' and 'even better than the real thing'. An oldie but a goodie is ' two hearts beat as one'.
mmm...must go and watch a video now!

------------------
'well...2 years and finally we make it down the end of the yellow brick road to sydney australia...' Bono Zoo TV

Gotta go with the One video in the bar because Bono is so gorgeous in it. Oh, his eyes, his hair, his face, the precious little moves and expressions, my heart is melting!
5125225.jpg

YYYYYYUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!
icon35.gif

icon35.gif

icon35.gif

icon35.gif

[This message has been edited by U2Kitten (edited 11-02-2001).]

Does anyone else crack up when they watch the I Will Follow video ... they're so young and so adorable.

------------------
Jessica

"Rock and roll doggie"
--Bono

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

?Never trust a man who tells you it's from the heart, never trust a man smoking a cigar, never trust a cowboy or a man who wears shades.?
--Bono

My favourite U2 videos are:

One the Drag version and the Bono version
smile.gif

Discotheque cos Larry in a cowboy costume dancing (priceless
smile.gif
)

Stay is a beautiful video
smile.gif

------------------
The U2 revolution has been reinstated.

THE Larry Mullen Jr. Page
www.angelfire.com/tx2/KITIYU2

"I am a sexy mofo, what can I say?" --What Larry really says to himself when he looks into the mirror every morning

Question from Caller:we want to know how he's maintained his youthful looks. we think he looks so much younger than the rest of the band

Larry:let me put it this way. Michael Jackson got the idea of the oxygen tent from me. and all this hanging out w/ monkeys and shit like that, it's all to do w/ that.

There are so many that I love, but these stand out...

-One (bar version)
Hc51730.jpg

-Stay
Hp39141.jpg

-Please
-Lemon

[This message has been edited by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen (edited 11-02-2001).]

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses

God it's so beautiful to watch...........

------------------
~ Katie ~
Freedom looks like too many choices....

"A conga, my very own conga!" ~ Larry

Email me!
roxyangel22@hotmail.com

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
Does anyone else crack up when they watch the I Will Follow video ... they're so young and so adorable.

No, you are not the only one...I die laughing also at the video...Bono and his dancing and how he at times cannot follow the camera cracks me up...it is very cute...I wonder how they feel when they see videos like that one...I have not seen the Stay or Lemon video in years, if anyone knows where I can get it, please let me know...I think it has been at least 4 years since I have seen the Stay video...I just remember the video and thinking that it was a great video...My favorite videos from them are some of their older videos like "Pride" the one where they are in Dublin..."Gloria" because that is the video that I fell in love with them..."With or Without You"...ISHFWILF...WTSHNN...NYD...One, where Bono is singing to the camera...I can go on...
smile.gif

Originally posted by Lise:
If you go to http://aolsvc.aol.music.getmusic.com/ you type U2 in search and then you'll see some info and click on videos and you'll find lemon. Also, in U2mansion.com click on Multimedia scroll down and you could download Stay. If you need help finding these videos you could post here.

You can get lots of videos from KaZaa or Morpheus. I've gotten 37 U2 videos from them, including all the ones mentioned above (except the new Walk On video - it's not on there yet, but soon I'm sure).

My favorite is Discotheque!!!!! Also Starig at the Sun, Numb, Lemon, and One--the drag version.

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

I love all three 'One' videos. Bono is so lovely in the bar version - I love when he lip-synchs "You say-" and then stops lip-synching while the "love is a temple" lyrics keep going. Do you know the part I mean? 'With or Without You' is also beautiful.

Edge completely cracks me up in the 'Elevation' video - he looks like he's having a ball!

Originally posted by Can'tSeeOrBeSeen:
You can get lots of videos from KaZaa or Morpheus. I've gotten 37 U2 videos from them, including all the ones mentioned above (except the new Walk On video - it's not on there yet, but soon I'm sure).

Thanks for the sites to download videos...that is great...I was able to get the closing credit of the Simpsons with U2 and Adam talking about his spoons,which by the way was funny as hell...I missed that airing of the cartoon, what is up with Sparky's spoon collection? If anyone knows, please share!

Hey all, I was so happy to see your replies
smile.gif

I also loooove Staring at the Sun, I think it's SUCH a gorgeous video. And Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses!
I really want to see the I Will Follow video now, it sounds hilarious
tongue.gif

Yeah, I have managed to see a lot of U2 videos using Morpheus... I recommend it
smile.gif

So this thread seems a good place to ask: help out a newish U2 fan.
biggrin.gif

Do the boys HAVE a video collection? I (blushed, embarssed) thought that's what Rattle and Hum was but....

Thus, I've not seen most of their videos. But, child of the 80's that I am, I've seen and adore Streets. Just captured an amazing rock moment. Wow! I could watch it over and over....

SD

I JUST watched Stay and WOWY -- double-whammy. And I am speechless. They're SO pretty. In Stay, the way that Bono looks at the singing lady? OMG!

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Sweet sweet little Mona she always wants to come over sweet sweet little Mona" -butchered Ramones~

"It's not what you're dreaming, But what you're gonna do"

"Your girl leans over and says, "Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?" ~Bruuuce!~

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
biggrin.gif

Do the boys HAVE a video collection? I (blushed, embarssed) thought that's what Rattle and Hum was but....

Thus, I've not seen most of their videos. But, child of the 80's that I am, I've seen and adore Streets. Just captured an amazing rock moment. Wow! I could watch it over and over....

SD

There a plenty of video collections out there. The best of U2 1980-1990 video contains alot of their videos from that time...The Achtung Baby video contains some videos the album and also has interviews with U2 during their tour...

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
biggrin.gif

SD
Yeah, they do have the Best of 1980-1990 on video, but not ther complete collection cause they keep making new videos so i would make sense to put that out....

But I remember the night they premiered "Discotheque" on MTV, they showed all the U2 videos shown on MTV up to that point, so I got a blank tape out & recorded all of those....... mmm that was good stuff....

------------------
~ Katie ~
We'll shine like stars in the summer night
We'll shine like stars in the winter night

roxyangel22@hotmail.com

DMB made/is making a dvd of ALL their videos. U2 should have something like that! They've been around much longer and are...more special
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Sweet sweet little Mona she always wants to come over" -butchered Ramones~

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, "Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?" ~Bruuuce!~

Originally posted by MissVelvetDress:

Thanks for the sites to download videos...that is great...I was able to get the closing credit of the Simpsons with U2 and Adam talking about his spoons,which by the way was funny as hell...I missed that airing of the cartoon, what is up with Sparky's spoon collection? If anyone knows, please share!

I'm not sure, it seems he has some sort of collection going...
I951264.jpg

Back
Top Bottom