Very obscure U2 things you notice.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I actually overheard a conversation just today that involved a description of some scientific theory about 'the universe expanding'... :rolleyes: sure enough, that was all I needed to start singing "The Fly" to myself. (I know, I know - it's 'the universe is exploding...' - but this was close enough for me!) :giggle:

I'm constantly finding obscure little things that I can turn into U2 references - I stopped mentioning them to anyone years ago, in the interest of not boring the rest of my friends & Mr. Blu to death! :lol:

Vincent Vega said:
We also have a subway line here called U2. :) I love it. :D
Yes, here as well. Although I don't use it as much as I did when I was still going to university. I get excited everytime I have to use this line. And they are even extending it right now.

JCOSTER said:
I notice a lot of u2 related things and if I should mention it I get this :rolleyes:

I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo know that feeling!!! But I am doing a good job at sharing the U2 appreciation with my kids....they're all fans now (aged 7, 5 &4) although my 4yr gets confused and wants to hear "Bono and me too singing".....he takes the "U2" literally!!! I saw an old car yesterday with "MYEDGE" for a number plate - totally not related to U2 but I stood and drooled for maybe a second too long.... :drool:

Alisaura said:
Many years ago when I first got my hair cut short, I happened to see my shadow in front of me while walking home... and I thought, "My shadow looks like Adam's silhouette in Rattle & Hum!"

:reject:

Ha, ha, ha. That's the sort of thing I'd do too. I have short blonde hair and if it gets a bit long at the back I think,"oooh, I should get that cut, I don't want to have a bad Larry hairdo." By the way I'm a girl so I don't think anyone would mistake me for him.

Bona Vox said:

And a ZOO STATION, too, havent you? ;)
I just moved to Calgary and was very excited to find out the C-train(transit system) has a Zoo Station :hyper::nerd:

439444977d6c2690e5abyt1.jpg

Speaking of Edge, I should quote a conversation my brother and I had once. We had two pieces of cake left. The larger one was an edge piece, the smaller one was not. He brought them both, and gave me the smaller one:

Me: Oh so, I get the smaller piece?
Him: I want the edge.
Me: You want The Edge?! :giggle:
Him: Not THAT Edge! The edge of the cake!

Cool thread....my 2 daughters (ages 6 and 12) and I were shopping the other day- we walked by a big stand of sunglasses and my 6 yr old said: "look mom, these all look like the sunglasses BONO wears"- (with a little sly emphasis on "BONO").

ALSO_ in kindergarten for Father's day, they did a twist on Day-o(the song that was done by ...can't remember his name!!....but Day-o dayo, daylight comes and me want to go home....)and it was Dad-o....with cute daddy related theme... She changed it to Bo-no and sang it very happily to me- she made us all laugh -

Bo-no, Bo-no
He's my Bono and i love him so....
he works all day and comes home tired....
the rest was daddy related too.

OUT OF THE MOUTHS OF BABES!!!

my economy prof. was talking about "edgeworthboxes" for a long time... :happy: unfortunetly it wasn't that much interesting as I expected... :shrug: :lol:

Carek1230 said:
I do things like this all the time. My family friends and co workers think I'm nuts. Like every time someone says "you too" I giggle. They roll their eyes. Or instead of writing "you too" I will write U2. I see U2 everywhere. Their music is with me everywhere I go. I love it. It keeps me sane!! :wink:

I told my Mum I loved her yesterday and she said 'I love you too' and I just laughed and said 'Oh my god, me too' :giggle:

There was a TV show on the other night, and the sponsors advert had the line 'Give yourself the Extra Edge' I failed to hear 'extra' I just smiled to myself everytime it played after the ads

:|

I have no idea what you people are on about. :wink:

kitchen003.jpg

(Every day I make a little U2 poem on my fridge. :reject: )

Obscure: I get excited whenever I go into Target because it reminds me of the Vertigo logo...

:reject: AGAIN!

Last edited:
I had to dismantle it about a year ago, due to hubby jealousy, but it's back to its own self again, thank god! :giggle:

I know how everyone feels. EVERYTHING can be turned into a U2 reference if I think about it long enough.

I took this picture in Dublin in 2005. I couldn't resist. :giggle:

100_0360.jpg

bonohero said:
I know how everyone feels. EVERYTHING can be turned into a U2 reference if I think about it long enough.

I took this picture in Dublin in 2005. I couldn't resist. :giggle:

100_0360.jpg

Whoa. Wonder if Mullens Transport and Evans Moving ever get together and jam?

Bono has seriously messed me up.

Whenever we get my niece to count in spanish and she goes "uno, dos, tres, quatro" I think "No wait that's wrong, it's catorce!......no, stupid, Bono got it wrong and my niece got it right."

Back
Top Bottom