Very Busy Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biff

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Here's a brief news item. In between the National Prayer Breakfast address and the speech he gave on Friday night, Bono attended the annual Democratic Party retreat, where he gave yet another speech. It must be the Wheaties.:wink:

Bono, Al Gore highlight Democrats' get-together

February 4, 2006

The annual retreat of the U.S. House Democratic caucus in Kingsmill featured the rock group U2's singer Bono on Thursday, and former Vice President Al Gore was expected to speak today.

The retreat's events were closed to both the media and public.

Bono's speech Thursday night touched on themes of fighting AIDS and promoting debt relief in Africa, said a congressman's press secretary, who was at the retreat but spoke on condition of anonymity.

Gore was expected to address global warming and the Bush administration's domestic spying program - two issues he has recently criticized.

It's truly amazing!

"In other news, coffee franchise shops all over the Eastern seaboard report record profits this week....":wink:

OK - it took me almost 45 minutes, but it's my first attempt.... whattya' ladies think? I'm pretty proud. :D

345%3C3495%3A%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D3243%3E872%3E7%3B4%3EWSNRCG%3D32334%3B57%3C47%3B6nu0mrj

I just found this on the Yahoo! news site...Bono is everywhere.

capt.oly10502031542.italy_winter_olympics_oly105.jpg

Workers stand on the stage, with a projection of U2 singer Bono, seen above them, as preparation work continues at the Medal Plaza in Turin, Italy,Friday Feb. 3, 2006.The stage will be used for the presentation of Winter Olympic medals and music concerts will also be held on the stage during the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics. The winter olympics open in Turin on Friday Feb. 10. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

Love the Wheaties box!!! I'd certainly gobble up my Wheaties if that picture were on the box. Is there a special "prize" inside?

angelordevil said:
I just found this on the Yahoo! news site...Bono is everywhere.

capt.oly10502031542.italy_winter_olympics_oly105.jpg

Workers stand on the stage, with a projection of U2 singer Bono, seen above them, as preparation work continues at the Medal Plaza in Turin, Italy,Friday Feb. 3, 2006.The stage will be used for the presentation of Winter Olympic medals and music concerts will also be held on the stage during the Turin 2006 Winter Olympics. The winter olympics open in Turin on Friday Feb. 10. (AP Photo/Greg Baker)

Good Lord! I wonder why they have that projection of Bono there? Maybe to inspire the workers?? Will it still be there when they present the medals?

If I had known bono was going to be at the retreat on thurs I probably could have used my connections and gotten in. It's only 20 minutes away from my school and I know several of the pols who were there (hell check out my sig). But why am I complaining I saw him Friday :lol:

Bono and Ali were in New York yesterday for fashion week. I had to do with Edun. Can't wait to see him on Wednesday on tv.:wink:

a co-worker of mine says he saw bono and ali coming out of a restaurant called lenny's on the upper west side on saturday morning. he's not a super big fan but he recognized ali as bono's wife, and this guy said "she's a hottie."

of course, he didn't have any bono details, even though i pushed - like what color shades, hoodie, jeans? he goes "transparent shades" - yeah, big scoop!

anyway, he just said it was very cool to see bono there with no entourage. he got there as bono was on his way out and was saying goodbye to everyone at the restaurant. lenny's is basically a sandwich place, by the way, so it wasn't a gourmet brunch :)

caragriff said:
a co-worker of mine says he saw bono and ali coming out of a restaurant called lenny's on the upper west side on saturday morning. he's not a super big fan but he recognized ali as bono's wife, and this guy said "she's a hottie."

of course, he didn't have any bono details, even though i pushed - like what color shades, hoodie, jeans? he goes "transparent shades" - yeah, big scoop!

anyway, he just said it was very cool to see bono there with no entourage. he got there as bono was on his way out and was saying goodbye to everyone at the restaurant. lenny's is basically a sandwich place, by the way, so it wasn't a gourmet brunch :)
They're really cool for not having entourages and stuff... but also eating 'normal' food... as in not having lunch at a five stars restaurant... :wink: another of the many reasons we love Him(and Ali too ofcourse!)

Babydoll said:
Again I say, Bono here, Bono there, Bono everywhere! He's gotta have a clone! :D

Bono clone:drool:BTW-that is the best Wheaties box ever!!!:rockon:

Last edited:
Carmelu2fan said:
Bono clone:drool:BTW-that is the best Wheaties box ever!!!:rockon:

:blushingsmilie: Thank you... I have to admit, I'm pretty damn proud of that 45 minutes of my life! :D :lol:

Back
Top Bottom