USED RECORD STORES ROCK!! Especially the owner who knows U2!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SicilianGoddess

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I've been going to the store on and off for about 15 years. I never knew the owner knows U2! I was buying a bunch of U2 stuff today... I found a few singles, a couple stickers and a U2 poster book. It's mainly a used and import record shop. There is so much stuff there it's crazy!

Anyway, as I was buying all this stuff I say "Can you tell I like U2?" And he proceeded to tell me that he knows the band and used to hang out with them backstage all the time for old shows like WAR and UNFORGETTABLE FIRE! I was like, omg! You are so lucky! Then he tells me he's got all of their phone numbers!
eek.gif
eek.gif
Then he tells me U2's secretary just called him today to tell him thanks for sending promo posters to Larry!! And he was so non chalant about it too.. damn I was like, I HATE YOU.

LOL!!!

biggrin.gif

Small damn world I wish he could hook me up with some backstage passes! But he says he kinda lost touch more or less with them once they got big.

I'm gonna put my new U2 sticker on my car.

smile.gif

------------------
The Chairs Are All Stacked
The Swinging's Stopped Swinging

Sicy's Website

THAT ROCKS!! Seriously, make friends w/ this guy, yo. He could hook you up w/ all kinds of stuff! That store sounds sweet anyway, I wonder if there's one like that here in Tucson...

Sicy, it's great!!! the green monster got me in his paws now....

I got similar experience when I was on my holidays after Slane show (me & my friend decided to go around Ireland with cd-player full of u-know-who's-records...). We stopped for the night in hostel near Dublin (in Drogheda, I think). When owner learned that we came to IE especially for U2 concert, first said we're mad (we are!!! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!) and then said that he once worked as bodyguard in S.Africa for the company working 4 stars like JC van Damn (which, he says, is a big jerk and wants to smack everybody around to show how good in martial arts he is) and also for U2. Richard said that he was assigned to Bono, which was very nice, 'cause B is very down-to-earth guy and doesn't think he's better than people working for him. It was very cool to hear that, although we knew it before... We finally end up in a very cool pub listening to cover band playing U2 songs - almost everybody there were in the concert the night before and the place was full of u2 related talks!!! I don't know, whether the guy was lying trying to impress us or he was honest. But if he was, the 6 degrees of separation were minimized to 2 !!!

[This message has been edited by madzia (edited 09-11-2001).]

I've got a couple like that...
One of the better ones was a Marketing Manager who worked at the record company I used to work at. He was from the UK, only lived in Oz for a couple of years, and used to be high up in Island UK for years (I guess the connection now is fairly obvious). Anyway, he had a new baby boy about 1 1/2 years ago, and called me up to his office (he knew of my U2 thing) and said check this out... Showed me an email on his screen (hand over the address - but I did catch a little of it
wink.gif
) from none other then 'his great mate' Bono congratulating him on the birth of his son.

I was suitably impressed and was getting his coffee for him from that day forward in the hope that when the next tour came here (F***!) it would be worth it....

------------------
"Don't worry about the world ending today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

matt2870@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by TylerDurden (edited 09-11-2001).]

Wow!!!!

*turning green with envy*

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

That's awesome SG!!

Yeah Mona, I have to agree with you. I would
Federal Express myself to the Hitman in a minute.

------------------
All We Are Saying...Is Give Peace A Chance

--John Lennon

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Blarg!!! Why cant I know U2!! LOL
Is that in the biblical sense? *innuendo*

P.S. I would forget mailing posters to LarryMan. I would mail MYSELF

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Heaven on earth -- we need it now" -U2-

"Peace does not mean getting your way.
Your ugliness could be my beauty,
your ugliness could be me."

SG- COOL!
biggrin.gif
What record store is this??? I'll have to visit, see if I can beg the numbers out of him!!!
No , really, though, I love used record stores and don't know of that many in the Bay Area....

U2SJ Its called The Vinyl Solution and its in San Mateo on 25th ave I believe.

Very cool store. Then there is The Record Man in Redwood City on El Camino.. but that store is alot smaller.

smile.gif

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

Hehehe, like told yah Christine, bribe the man for the phone numbers!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

But that is soooo cool! Now you can say you know someone who knows U2!
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom