Update from Dublin to Hull to Pleba!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You are all welcome its been great fun!!

Anyway I've had some more texts from poor Emilie who got soaked through and was so cold her nails were violet!! Her description not mine!!
She thinks she has let everyone down as she didnt see the others!!! I've told her not to be silly and that you all send your love and appreciation for passing on the things to Adam.

She is going to let me know what happens tomorrow so stay tuned for further updates!!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:
She thinks she has let everyone down as she didnt see the others!!!

:tsk: :no: Oh no!!! Please tell her that she certainly hasn't let us down - she's doing a fantastic job!!! :bow: :hug:and so are you, Bono's tart :bow: :hug: ...and would you please tell Emilie to wear lots of warm clothes and stay inside if the weather is just horrible - I don't want her to get sick :hug:

Bono's Tart said:
She is going to let me know what happens tomorrow so stay tuned for further updates!!:wink:

Oh, to quote someone famous: This is really, really fucking brilliant!!! :lol: I will absolutely stay tuned!!! :hyper:

Last edited:
:no: No, No, no...Emilie! You didn't let us down!! :hug: :hug:

There will be plenty of other-drier,warmer-times to see the guys! It's not worth you making yourself sick over! Just take care of yourself & know that we appreciate everything that you do! :hug:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked: :faint:
Adam got the stuff!!!!! :hyper: :hyper:

Edgespet said:

There will be plenty of other-drier,warmer-times to see the guys! It's not worth you making yourself sick over! Just take care of yourself & know that we appreciate everything that you do!
My thoughts exactly. :yes:
Tell her we don't want her to get a cold!! :no: :hug:

Emilie, you're not letting those of us who sent you things to pass on to the band "down" at all. Your sincere willingness to be thoughtful and helpful to us is a REAL sign that you know how to be a TRUE U2 friend!:wink:

All I do ask of you is when you go back to the studios tomorrow, please try to verify that everything actually WAS passed on to the proper people. I know that would make me feel a bit more at peace.

But we DO want you to take care of yourself - it looks like the weather in Dublin is going to be fairly blah for the next week or so.:huh:

Say "Hi!" to Adam and Bono and anyone else who shows up and THANK YOU for trying to get my package to the B-man!:wink:

IT'S A BEAUTIFUL DAY! DON'T LET IT GET AWAY!

Edgespet said:

There will be plenty of other-drier,warmer-times to see the guys! It's not worth you making yourself sick over! Just take care of yourself & know that we appreciate everything that you do! :hug:

Exactly! :hug:

and the birthday boy got his messages! :hyper:

Emilie rocks! :applaud: :bow:

-sending Emilie warm Florida thoughts :) (I don't want you to get sick either, you just got over a cold :hug: )

Last edited:
Edgespet said:

:hug:Emilie:hug:

Bono's Tart: You are in Hull? Have you ever seen the Rutles, The Monty Python Beatles parody? When I saw the name of this thread, I couldn't help but remember the part in the show where one of the guys had a solo album called "When You Find the Girl of Your Dreams in the Arms of some Scotsmen from Hull" Have you ever seen that? :lmao:

Now next time I see a pic of you with Bono I'll do a song "When you find the man of your dreams in the arms of some woman from Hull!" ;)

Emilie you ABSOLUTELY let no one down. :no:
:hug: Thank you for delivering the gifts and the birthday wishes!!!

Emilie.. you funny girl of course you did not let anyone down.
Just take care of yourself.. no hitting people on the head if it's raining and cold:wink: :silent:
PLEBA folks here couldnt ask for a better friend to the fan and everyone I am sure is extremly grateful to you. take care.. K

U2Kitten said:
Bono's Tart: You are in Hull? Have you ever seen the Rutles, The Monty Python Beatles parody? When I saw the name of this thread, I couldn't help but remember the part in the show where one of the guys had a solo album called "When You Find the Girl of Your Dreams in the Arms of some Scotsmen from Hull" Have you ever seen that? :lmao:

Now next time I see a pic of you with Bono I'll do a song "When you find the man of your dreams in the arms of some woman from Hull!" ;)

:wave: I know this message wasn't directed at me, but I went to the University of Lincolnshire and Humberside, and although I was based in Lincoln, we had some lessons in Hull. My degree was in Media Production, and for my final year I did a radio project about Beatles tribute bands. And I managed to arrange an interview with Neil Innes (of the Rutles/Bonzo Dog Band/sidekick to Monty Python) when he was on tour in Beverley (near Hull)

It was great - he sang lots of songs just for me, including How Sweet To Be an Idiot, and the Brave Sir Robin song from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, and a few Rutles songs :hyper::hyper:

It was dead exciting cos I'm a huge Python fan :hyper::up:

Anyway..........back to the topic in hand

:up: Emilie :up:

Well done Emilie. :hug: :applaud: What a wonderful and special mission you undertook on behalf of everyone here. You're such a treasure and our appreciation and gratitude to you, knows no bounds. :up: :adam: I saw the thread you posted inviting fans to convey their birthday greetings to Adam but it was to late to add to it as you're already in transit to Dublin. You've once more amazed us all and U2 must now associate YOU as the face of Interference...what an honour. I'd d to have been there with you, perhaps another time our paths may cross again. Heartfelt congratulations again Emilie....you are as your name suggests...'MISS U2'.

okay, i am in a cyber cafe in dublin..... and i am crying :sad: to read all ur sweet messages :hug:
but i felt sooo bad to have left.... i know how u would like to be there, and how much u could give to be there, cold or not cold, and i have the chance to be there.... and i left:sad: just because of the weather.... during these 4hours at the studios, i was telling me:"think about all these fans who just want to be there in the cold, so, you are not gonna leave, this is not the weather which is gonna make u give up..." so i stayed ... alone, in the wind rain, snow, cold etc.... it was the worse weather i have ever seen... i couldnot feel my toes and when i was texting Bono's tart, my fingers hurt... i tried to take my umbrella, but with the wink, it was broken... i was losing my nerves... i started to cry, cos i was soo cold and soo pissed off to see my umbrella in this state :huh: and soo sad cos all ur stuff were being wet :sad: but whn i received Bono's Tart's textsm i felt a bit better, i had the impression not to be alone, and it encourages me to stay longer...
adam didnot recognize me at first with all my jackets and hats... but when he walked to me, suddendly, he had this face :ohmy: and he said "Emilie, what r u doing here? u should be at home!!!" i explained to him i promised u i will give everything...
so adam got the messages, souly's card, supernova's gift, and my gift. He signed an autograph for allegra and for edgespet , but i am really sorry, but the paper might be a bit wet ...
i have to go now, i will explain to youi everything later... i am oging ot the studios today in a few minutes.... and i am not gonna leave i promise!!!!

U2Kitten said:

:lmao: :lmao:

No I've never seen it makes mental note to track it down!!
Gavin knows us collectively as The Girls from Hull!!
Maybe he's seen it!!!!:wink:

Bono's Tart said:

:lmao: :lmao:

No I've never seen it makes mental note to track it down!!
Gavin knows us collectively as The Girls from Hull!!
Maybe he's seen it!!!!:wink:

I bet he has! Sounds like that's what he's making a joke of! Get it, you have to see it! :laugh:

Bammo 2, that's so cool you met Neil Innes! :shocked: :happy: You're so lucky! He is hilarious!

Dear Emilie:

You are so sweet to do that for us, but please don't make yourself sick or put yourself in danger. There will always be other times and better days! We :hug: you and appreciate everything you're doing, everything you've done, and we know you will do what you can. If it doesn't always work out that's okay! You've really taken on a lot. Don't let the stress of that ruin the joy of it. You take care now! :hug: :wave:

One more thing, you said you were going to the studio today, are they going to be there or at that picture exhibition thing that was supposed to be today? Or is that tonight?

That's awesome, Bammo! :up: How incredible to be there in person and experience him telling stories and doing such vintage, legendary stuff! :cute: :yes:

UPDATE!!

Emilie ahs been to the photo exhibition but I dont think she thought much of it but she'll fill you all in on her return from her adventures!!

She is now at the studios and Sam once again is waiting for the band to arrive! Only poor Emilie again but one of her friends is going down later!!

Heres Hoping!!!:yes: :wave:

Maybe the others went to that Picture thing? Well he was first yesterday too wasn't he? Maybe they'll show soon!

:bono: :bono: :bono: :bono: :edge: :edge: :edge: :edge: :applaud:

BONO and EDGE are also at HQ!!

I wonder if Emilie can keep them there if I can get on a plane now!!!i:wink:

Right sorry for the delay couldnt get internet access!!!:madspit:

Anyway Larry arrived!!!!
only to be chased in his car by two crazy fans who had turned up!!!!:larry: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Emilie went crazy and I cant imagine Larry being to pleased either, of all the band members to chase in a car I ask you Larry!!:rolleyes:

Anyway these two fans havent been to Dublin before(Emilie must have more patience than me I would have slapped em for being so stupid!!) and didnt know what to do she'll tell you details.
So Emilie and her friend are there and these other two are stood right in front of the garage doors!!!

I hope that their actions havent spoiled it for Emilie!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom