untitled chapter 2 A.K.A. Bono Edge and the NYPD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dianepm

Professional Insomniac
If I lived any more north I'd be in Quebec. But I
This is a work of fiction....in other words the work of an insomniac who watched the first season of CSI:NY in one night. I don't own U2..I'm not getting any money for this...blah blah. Please leave some comments because I really don't know what I'm doing. I also forgot to mention that in my little world Edge and Bono are single...wouldn't want Ali or Morleigh to come kill me.

so on with the story....

CHAPTER TWO

It was a good thing I had swallowed my coffee before I went in because otherwise I would have choked on it.

“Why are the two sexiest men on the planet sitting in our conference room?” I ask myself. Hopefully not out loud.

I look at Lieutenant Baxter and realize that he’s talking. Guess I should pay attention.

“Err, Bono and Edge have come here today because they have received several suspicious letters. I have assured them that I would put my two best detectives on it.” He looks at me and smiles. “Since they are on assignment I requested you.”

Bono and Edge look at each other like they aren’t too sure of the situation.

“He’s kidding,” I say. At least I hope he is.

“Do you have the letters with you?” I ask Bono, trying not to stare into his eyes.

“Yes, we do. We started getting them about a month ago.” He looks at me as he talks and I try not to melt into a puddle.

I look at the letters. They go from regular fan mail to being slightly obsessive to being down right creepy.

“Didn’t you get letters like these during your Joshua Tree Tour? In Arizona or somewhere like that?” I ask.

Bono looks at me a little surprised. “Yes, we did. How did you know that?”

“I’ve read your book”.

“Oh” he says. The look on his face is telling me that he’s not entirely comfortable with the fact that I seem to be a fan.

“So what exactly do you want us to do Lieu?” Several things came into my mind, but none of them required the police. (But a few of them do require hand-cuffs.)

“Two things” Baxter said. “One, investigate the letters and Two, you are now security detail for both of these Gentlemen.”

I glanced over at Kat and she was trying her best not to stare at Edge. I knew she had a huge crush on him.

“What about the rest of the band?” I ask. I was wondering why Larry and Adam weren’t here as well.

“They are back in Dublin” Edge said. “These letters are specifically directed to myself and Bono anyway.”

I looked at my coffee and noticed that it was empty. “Look, why don’t we go down to the coffee shop and get acquainted?” I ask.

Down in the coffee shop Bono, Edge and Kat sit while I get the drinks. When I sit down Kat looks at me.

“You know, if they ever make caffeine illegal you’ll be in big trouble.”

“If they ever try to make caffeine illegal I will personally hunt down the people responsible and shoot them myself, then it won’t be an issue.” I say.

Bono and Edge chuckle at that.

“I’m Detective Margaret Waters. This is my partner Detective Katharine Byers. Call us Mags and Kat.”

“How long have you two been partners?” Edge asks us.

“Two years.” Kat answers.

As we talk I notice a man walk into the shop wearing a long black coat.

“Hey Kat, check out the guy at the counter with the black coat.”

“I see him,” She says.

“Little warm to be wearing something like that isn’t it?”

“A bit.”

“Stay here” I say to the guys.

Kat and I get up and walk over to the counter to get a better look. I make like I’m trying to decide what kind of pastry I want while Kat goes up to the counter to get more coffee. I glance over at him and see that he has a gun strapped to him. He pulls it out and points it at the poor girl at the counter.

“Empty the cash or I’ll shoot you.” He says.

I pull out my gun and yell “NYPD! Drop your weapon and put your hands on your head.”

He turns and points the gun at me. I realize at this point that I’m not wearing my vest. Kat has her gun out too and is pointing it at him. I look at Kat. I mouth “Bono” and she mouths “Edge” back to me. Out of the corner of my eye I see them give each other a questioning look.

“Drop your weapon!” I shout again.

He turns to run and Kat manages to get him on the ground and his hands behind his back to cuff him.

People in the shop cheer and I look over and see Bono and Edge with their eyes wide-open and stunned looks.

“Sorry guys, we have to cut this short.”

“That’s ok” Edge said, still looking a little stunned “we’ll catch up to at the station.”

As we go to take the guy to the station Bono walks up to me holding a large coffee. “3 milk and 2 sugars right?”

“Yeah, how did you know?” I ask

“The guy at the counter told me.”

“Thanks.” I say to him.

Back at the station Kat and I walk back from booking.

“This has turned into one hell of a day, eh Kat. I think I almost swallowed my tongue when I saw Bono and Edge.”

“I know what you mean Mags. I wonder how long this assignment will be. Not that I’m complaining. Getting up close and personal with Edge is not a bad way to spend my time.”

As we walk into the bullpen we see Bono and Edge walk out of Lieutenant Baxter’s office. He calls us over.

“Change in plans Detectives. We have been discussing the current security personal and we don’t want them to know that the police are involved. I think the less people who know the less chance of it leaking to the public. We’ve come up with a plan.”

I look over at Kat and give her a look that says, “This sounds bad.”

“I’m putting you undercover. We’ve decided that you will be posing as their girl-friends.”

Last edited:
:wave: This looks really interesting. I wonder where it'll take the guys? :drool: You must continue.

...and btw, you're grammar is fine. ( :yuck: I hate grammar...I always seem to get it wrong and have to spell check it before I post anything....ack...).

:lmao: Jen.

The next bit might take awhile to get posted. I'm trying to figure out where I want this to go. (I'm also trying to figure out how to get the damn scenes from my brain onto the computer screen. Not as easy as I thought.)

Last edited:
^^EXACTLY, dianepm. It must be really hard-you are doing very well though!! The dialogue is real life, and I like how you throw in some funny things, questionable things-IE- how Bono knew how you liked your coffee... made me say to myself: yeah- how does he know....and then you give us the answer.(am i making sense?) It is hard to come up with "filler to make the story, when usually the stuff in our(my) head is pure :censored: :sexywink:

Looking forward to more, sorry to blab on. I am wondering what the person is like that is writing them the letters and why....

Hope everyone is trying to think of a title.
So far i thought of:

Cover Me
Deep in the Heart

Ooo, I like this! Good job. It really drew me in...and I want to know what's in those letters.

handcuffs... :whistle:

I'm liking this :) definately curious to see where it'll go to!

:uhoh: so perhaps I should stop sending them our letters then Jen?

Here I am, usually the last posting a comment :huh:
I'm sorry, it takes me a bit longer to read all this english world of fictions and I must admite I first chose yours because of its brief, but I found your idea very innovative.
I admire you 'cause it seems to me a particular tangled story to carry on and I like the way you're writing it :up:
I'm really interesting in what your mind has in store for the following :yes:

and..oh, yes.
knowing blm I'm pretty well sure she didn't mean what she suggested for your story: her original title was "(dis)cover me" ;)

onekea said:
Here I am, usually the last posting a comment :huh:
I'm sorry, it takes me a bit longer to read all this english world of fictions and I must admite I first chose yours because of its brief, but I found your idea very innovative.
I admire you 'cause it seems to me a particular tangled story to carry on and I like the way you're writing it :up:
I'm really interesting in what your mind has in store for the following :yes:

and..oh, yes.
knowing blm I'm pretty well sure she didn't mean what she suggested for your story: her original title was "(dis)cover me" ;)

onekea- you are very clever, indeed!!!
Our minds just go in one direction when it comes to Bono (and Edge, too). I thought of the title as the girls being protective, and you!!, look where your mind went!!
:evil: :censored: :tongue: :wink:

I am off to read. And did you finish Rose's Diary, i am curious..

blm said:
onekea- you are very clever, indeed!!!
Our minds just go in one direction when it comes to Bono (and Edge, too). I thought of the title as the girls being protective, and you!!, look where your mind went!!
:evil: :censored: :tongue: :wink:
I am off to read. And did you finish Rose's Diary, i am curious..

well...I'm not so good in being protective, blm, at most it was always the opposite with men :shrug:
but should I take care of edge I swear I'll be very professional: I like him very much but not under a sexual form...so I guess it could be easier...of course I can't say the same for bono, but you already know it...:evil:

and no, I haven't done with rose so far but I'm enjoying every single feeling YDW described in a so palpable way :cute:

Back
Top Bottom