Unseen Photos From BP Fallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
I went to BP Fallon's site today to reread the Zoo TV interviews when I saw these four unseen photos of the boys. :hyper:

"U2 Picture Exclusive
DOCK ROCK: THE NEVER-BEFORE-SEEN U2 PHOTOGRAPHS

BP Fallon took the first three shots in Dublin's dockland in March 1984 during preparations for The Unforgetable Fire. He photographed the band a-top an old warehouse, Bono near Windmill Lane Studios with some street kids and Edge evocative playing whistle down by the river Liffey.

And the final photograph on this gallery: BP Fallon and Chrissie Hynde and - selecting reflecting - Bono and Patsy Dennehy and Bono's wife Ali, the night of the Pride (In The Name Of Love) backing vocals, May 1984. On this classic Unforgettable Fire track, BP and Chrissie and Patsy plus Eno and Lanois and the Irish writer Bill Graham and The Edge sang b/vs. Ah well. No-one's perfect. The picture was taken ten years before Fallon's acclaimed 1994 book U2 Faraway So Close - which celebrates his adventures when he joined U2 as Guru, Viber + DJ on their Zoo TV Tour.

BPF also presented Zoo Radio, the one hour U2 radio show broadcast on 800 radio stations in the USA and by the BBC in Britain. Written and produced by BP and Bill Kates, Island Records made only 1000 Zoo Radio CDs - making it the most bootlegged official U2 release ever. Additionally, he is responsible for the BP U2 Q&As which formed the bulk of the Zoo TV and Zooropa tour programmes of 1992 and 1993. "

Last edited:
6c50f60b.jpg

Bono - Dublin 1984

c43c89d2.jpg

I'll Be Your Mirror: BP Fallon + Chrissie Hynde + Bono + Patsy Dennehy + Ali, Dublin 1984
Photographer unknown

And my favorite

e3e91491.jpg

The Edge - Dublin 1984

This picture pretty much proves my guess that Edge played the tin whistle on the live versions of "Tomorrow."

Regarding the photo with BP, Chrissie Hynde and Bono & Ali-the Hewsons have matching mullets ! It then dawned on me that they have almost always had similar hairstyles. In high school-both wore short, poofy hair, in the early 80's it was the mullet, during the Joshua Tree era it was long flowing one length locks, during POP his hair was buzzed very short and hers was in a really short pixie cut, and now both are sporting lovely chin length dos.
I guess there is some truth to the theory that couples who are together for a long time start to resemble one another.
Here's hoping they have many more happy years and fashionable hairdos ahead of them.:heart:

Cute pics, Edgette! :up: Thanks! :happy:

Kristen F.- yes, we have noticed the almost constantly matching hairdos of Bono and Ali :cute: we've even had threads on it! We might do it again sometime!

FallingStar said:
This one has to belong to it. :up:
7e31668e.jpg

There's just something so gosh darn adorable about seeing Bono carrying a kid on his shoulders. :cute:. I love this picture, along with the other one where there's a few kids in the pic.

And the band one's great, too.

Thanks for sharing them. :).

Originally posted by KristenF
Regarding the photo with BP, Chrissie Hynde and Bono & Ali-the Hewsons have matching mullets ! It then dawned on me that they have almost always had similar hairstyles. In high school-both wore short, poofy hair, in the early 80's it was the mullet, during the Joshua Tree era it was long flowing one length locks, during POP his hair was buzzed very short and hers was in a really short pixie cut, and now both are sporting lovely chin length dos.

I'd never really noticed that before...but now that you mention it...that is interesting, isn't it?

And incredibly cute.

Originally posted by KristenF
I guess there is some truth to the theory that couples who are together for a long time start to resemble one another.
Here's hoping they have many more happy years and fashionable hairdos ahead of them. :heart:

:yes:.

Cheers to Bono and Ali! :D.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom