Uni help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildhoney88565

The Fly
Hey, as you may know Im 16 and Im welsh through and through.
However I love Ireland and I am seriously wanting to look at goin to university in Dublin. What are the problems with this,stopping me etc seein as i am an overseas student?, would I be allowed?, told to learn the culture or i dont know...gaelic! ,dont get me wrong I would.
I just...I love Wales but Ireland,..in the pit of my stomach its like theres a string attached there somewhere dragging me to ireland.
Can anyone help =[

hey there! that is very good you are exploring college opportunities at such a young age! haha, i didn't think much about it until right before i went! but anyway, studying at another country is a brilliant idea, and loads of people do it! first i would recommend deciding on what program you want to study. then i would look to see if those colleges have that program and if it is a good program there.

The ones I am most familiar with are in Dublin (I've been jobsearching there meself). Their web sites are here:

www.tcd.ie
www.ucd.ie
www.dcu.ie

Theres also loads of schools other places like Maynooth, Limerick, etc. Check out the Yahoo Directory to find them by cities and towns:
http://dir.yahoo.com/Education/High...and_Universities/By_Region/Countries/Ireland/

You should explore the program you want to study at the college web sites, but also take a look at what they have for international students. They usually have a link on the main page or on the prospective students pages. You want to be sure that the colleges offer you the best resources you need before going there.

Hope that helps, and good luck! :)

Well I cant go to any of them, there goes my dream:( I got a D in Mathematics so I dont meet the general requirements to get in to dub city uni, and the others dont mention overseas students.
I can't get into Unis here either and I cant resit maths so theres my uni chances gone before my eyes isnt it. Im not havin much luck for a 16 year old.

WHAT?! You're only sixteen!!! You still have some time. Spend this time off studying VERY hard, get a tutor. You still have time. If you really wanna go to college, you gotta bust your arse for it, ya know? Make that dream happen! Good luck :up:

yeah but i cant get a C in maths, i cant re-sit so i cant get into uni so what im meant to do i dont kno, as soon as these 2 years of A levels are over im gonna ave to sit on a street corner and decompose its lookin like at the mo. lifes so feckin great

Why can't you re-sit it? Loadsa my mates failed Maths and were made to re-take it (during the first year at sixth-form college) :shrug: Maybe it's different in Wales...

And just 'cos you can't get into those three, doesn't mean you can't go to uni full stop, I'm sure you'll find somewhere right for you. I'm 16 and I don't even know what I want to do at uni, let alone which possible ones I'd like to go to - you've got a while to sort things out, anyway :wink:

I want to take some courses in medical reseach to become a doctor,and boy do I want to hurry up and get to college:wink:
I wish you the best of luck Wildhoney:up: :hug:

trinity matriculation requirements:
A pass in mathematics and a pass in a language other than English or a pass in Latin and a pass in a subject other than a language

does that mean u cud pass latin and a subject other than a language if u failed english or instead of a pass in maths and a language other than eng???
aaagh

if it helps I got the following:

Science(double)-CC
English(lit and language)-BB
French-B
Welsh-B
ICT-C
History-B
Religious studies-B
Geography-C
Maths-D

its so confusin lol