uncut special scans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:madspit: still no magazine at Barnes and Noble. The only one I can find is the last issue with Kurt Cobain on the cover. :rant: I hate going on these mad searches to find a magazine but I do it everytime U2 is on the cover of something.

arw9797 said:
:madspit: still no magazine at Barnes and Noble. The only one I can find is the last issue with Kurt Cobain on the cover. :rant: I hate going on these mad searches to find a magazine but I do it everytime U2 is on the cover of something.

Same here, our B & N and Borders are always behind in getting the latest magazines by at least 2 weeks. It's so frustrating! :mad:

On a side note, regarding Larry's third child, does anyone know for sure it's a boy? Did Bono actually come out and say that Larry had a boy at that show, or did he just say Larry was a dad? Wouldn't it be ironic if after all this time thinking he had a second son it turned out to be a girl? :lol:

ladylardence said:

On a side note, regarding Larry's third child, does anyone know for sure it's a boy? Did Bono actually come out and say that Larry had a boy at that show, or did he just say Larry was a dad? Wouldn't it be ironic if after all this time thinking he had a second son it turned out to be a girl? :lol:

I just fished around in the archives of @u2, and found a news item from February 9, 2001, from AllIreland news, announcing a baby BOY for Larry and "spouse". The item says that the baby was born one week earlier, and that the birth had been kept under wraps until Bono spilled the beans (as we know) at the Astoria show.

Nice pics Kelly :bow: I bought the mag. yesterday - always nice to have something U2'ish to read! :D

kellyahern said:
To be honest, imho some of the articles are kinda so-so and have factual errors (ex. a picture of concert promoter Bill Graham is incorrectly indentified as the late Hot Press founder Bill Graham). And then there's this tidbit from the profile on Larry (page 98):

"The pair (Larry and Ann) live quietly in Sutton, on the edge of Dublin, with their three children, Aaron, Ava, and Anya ."

Anya??? I thought the third one was a boy :scratch: :confused: I'm confused now, but that's what the article says :lol:

Yeah, that one made me jump in my seat a little bit - Anya?! Where did they get that name from?! :hmm: :confused:

I also noticed another funny mistake on p. 135: He [Edge] was the first of the band to get wed, marrying high school sweetheart Aislinn O'Sullivan in 1985...

I think Mr. and Mrs. Hewson will be a little disappointed about that statement! :lol:

I got the magazine while in Italy. I found another error on page 34- the caption says "Twenty years appart: unveilng the 'DATA Agenda for Africa at the World Economic Forum in New York, 2003" but there is a picture of Bono in Toronto, 2003 at the Liberal Convention. :shrug:

Last edited:
Hey, maybe we should make it a little PLEBA-challenge?! :hmm:

"Who can find most errors in the Uncut Legends #3-magazine?"

So, what do you say - are you up for the challenge?! :wink:

Also to add- this is a lovely picture :love:

25f2d091.jpg

Last edited:
:sad: still no magazine to be found anywhere. The only thing I can find is the one with Kurt Cobain on the cover. :( I'm going on vacation next week and I think it's going to be my mission to find every book store/music store by the end of my trip to find that damn thing. :mad:

Nothing here yet either, and it's pissing me off! :mad: I guess I'll have to go to either Cleveland or Pittsburgh (each of which is about 1 hour away from here) to find it! Look out, PLEBAns on a mission! :yes:

I just can't believe none of the stores have it. They have everything else :scream: I always find this kind of stuff right away. This is unusual. Kelly found it at Virgin so I looked up on their site to see where they have locations and they have stores in both places I'll be next week so hopefully I'll at least have it by the time I come home. :sad: I wanted it for the plane ride out there. :(

Back
Top Bottom