Um, these guys kinda look like U2.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
well just imagine U2 under a diff name in the 80s........

Larry,Bono, Adam, and the Edge with long legs courtesy of 'digital altering'....

cuddlytoy.jpg

isn't that the monkees?!?!

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

biggrin.gif
don't ask me how i knew that!
biggrin.gif

------------------
*+*MaRiA*+*
she is the dreamer, she's imagination...

OMG!!!!! I love the Monkees!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
I used to watch them all the time when I was little on Nickelodeon
biggrin.gif

I think U2 would correspond to these members...well only cos of instruments cos Mickey doesn't seem to be like Larry

Davey Jones- Bono
Mickey Dolenz- Larry
Peter Tork- Adam
Mike Nesmith- Edge (it's the beanie too)

Personality wise...

Mickey Dolenz- Bono
Peter Tork- Larry
Davey Jones- Adam
Mike Nesmith- Edge

Hey hey...! So, do the first two words in the song work as an exclamation? lol
*cuddles*

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

But this is what the Monkees look like now-well, Davy and Mickey.

Thank the Lord our guys have 'aged' so beautifully. These are from their recent 'show' in Dublin.

monkees02.jpg

Am I the only one who is truly frightened by this pic?

monkees03.jpg

monkees04.jpg

monkees01.jpg

Originally posted by Hallelujah Here She Comes:
AAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! SO SCARY!!!!! MUMMY! SAVE ME FROM THE CRAZY MAN FROM THE FAKE ROCK GROUP!!!!

ROFL!!

------------------
Laura
~~~
Something to do with politics, kids, freshness, and breakthrough.
And love.

(Joan Baez)
~~~

...what's a Bono?

Mickey Dolenz in no way looks like Lucious Larry Pie!!!!!!!!!But Peter Tork does look a little like the Edge!

before U2 = Monkees for Disco!!!
biggrin.gif

When I was very young, I was CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY about the Monkees, to the point that it would utterly ruin my week if I missed the Monkees on Saturday mornings. I'd be hysterical...Mom was worried!
smile.gif
I went through each and every one of them...I loved Davey Jones so much that I WAS him for Halloween one year! (ooh scary)

I'm also thankful our boys have aged well...Mickey looks pretty scary! (tho he has a very pretty daughter...must look like her mother!)

Sigh....memories...
monkees.jpg

Y'all are a bit harsh, don't ya think?

Remember, the Monkees were a hit in the 60's. In the 80's, they had their 20 year "anniversary." Their show debuted in 1966. Both Davey Jones and Mickey Dolenz (pictured above) turned 21 that year. It's now 2002. This would be the 36th anniversary of the show's debut. Dolenz and Jones turn 57 this year.

Bono turns 42 this year. Let's see how good Bono looks in 15 years. Then, we can compare.

I only say this because back in the 80's, when The Monkees really did have a mini-comeback with their 20-year anniversary (had a hit record, were on TV, books, etc.), they all looked pretty good - but they were in their early 40's, just like Bono is now. Let's see how great U2 all looks as they approach their 60's!!

So don't be too harsh on the Monkees. They were all pretty good looking men once - but time takes a toll on us all.

Back
Top Bottom