ULTIMATE bono hair question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
okay, so you think there are lots of threads about Bono's hair? well this is for the ULTIMATE question for the bono hair expert.

Regarding his Pop-era hair: can we have some sort of timeline featuring either dates, or shows on the tour, where bono had the following

- shaved hair TOTALLY bald (seattle i think?) and the TRUE story of why/how this happened (was it really the road crew?)

- dyed black (versus the normal brown)

- when was it at its longest during this tour? (any pics to show it?)

- Explanation of the Mohawk (i know this was before the tour, but when? and why? i wanna hear the story. how long did he keep it? it would've taken months to grow back, so when was this period?)

- the pics of him getting his head shaved in the pop cd insert (when, this was different than the mohawk? )

this is for the HARDCORES. i hope we can arrive at some definate answers!

marik said:

Regarding his Pop-era hair: can we have some sort of timeline featuring either dates, or shows on the tour, where bono had the following

- shaved hair TOTALLY bald (seattle i think?) and the TRUE story of why/how this happened (was it really the road crew?)

What Bono said regarding the mohawk was that someone was joking about it or dared him to do it to scare some people so he did. I'm assuming he shaved the mohawk off soon after, thus the temporary baldness.

LOL, I notice every stage of Bono's hair too. I like your threads! You are in luck now because there is a Pop leather day up! I don't have dates on all the pics. I can tell you that he shaved off his hair in the fall of 1995. As far as I know it was shaved all through the Pop recordings. At the 1997 Kmart thing, it had grown out and was longer on the top with the back really short. By the time the tour started, he had the crewcut again. Looking at the pics you can see he wore various stages of stubble and fuzz over the Pop era. He was totally bald in Seattle, and the story I heard was that roadies did it after he fell asleep drinking Tequilla. I don't know how it ties in with the mohawk.

The biggest thing I want to know is where did he get all this lush hair

wimband.jpg

bonobycar98-vi.jpg

these were taken by fans in Oct.- Nov. of 1998, and the Pop tour ended in Sept. He must have started letting it grow out over the last few months of the tour for it to have been like this so soon after. Looks like he let the top grow but kept cutting the back off. Anybody have pics of the final PopMart shows?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom