U2ube Links Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2FloridaFan said:
Don't know if this has been posted before and I don't quite know how I came across it. I was trying to upload a video of my son playing clarinet to Youtube. Anyway, it's adorable (especially the look on Bono's face when he's posing for the photo) and the video is set to Always Forever Now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvUH-1MDhOU

:giggle: at 53 seconds, what is Bono looking at???

:lmao: shameless pervert that man!

Looks like it may have started here Bono gives award to Mohammad Ali....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StYlKGp3jp8&NR

No heres my 6th degree of separation, When I was a year old my mother was walking down the street and my stroller wheel broke, Mohammad Ali was coming towards her and asked if she needed help. She said yes, and he fixed my wheel and then asked my mother if he could hold me. (I was a fat 30lb 1 yr. old)
My mother said yes, then he went on his way. A passer byer said to her do you know who that was, and she said no, they then told her thats Mohammad Ali, he's going to be the worlds greates boxer one day!

Excellent links. Stuff even hardcore fans have never seen.

In the first page there ws a link to Tom Snyder 1981 - notice that it is the same soundstage used for Conan O'Brian and the backwall is still the same colour.

Does anybody have the video for Mysterious Ways 2001 Brits? It was shown in the UK premier but cut from all international airings.

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:

In the first page there ws a link to Tom Snyder 1981 - notice that it is the same soundstage used for Conan O'Brian and the backwall is still the same colour.

Does anybody have the video for Mysterious Ways 2001 Brits? It was shown in the UK premier but cut from all international airings.

u2fp

I heard they played it but it was never shown on the UK broadcast or any other broadcast to my knoweldge.

Jim said:

I heard they played it but it was never shown on the UK broadcast or any other broadcast to my knoweldge.

Perhaps there is an audience shot or someone taping in the audience.

Has an audience tape of u2 at any award show ever turned up?

I'm just wondering if there was a particular reason why it may have been omitted. It may have been like SNL 2004 where they just played extra - cuz I think all other Brit lifetime award performances are kept down to 3 songs worth of material.

Last edited:
U2FanPeter said:

u2fp

I think the show just over-ran. It was live on tv and the credits started to roll before UTEOTW finished.

(sorry don't know what happened with the previous post!)

Unlike most award shows, I thought the Brits are aired a couple days after they are filmed?

It would also mean that they are fixed to their 2 or 3 hour slot. They can't go an hour overtime like the oscars.....

I'm still surprised that they couldn't trim a few seconds throughout the show to make the final performance fit the broadcast slot.

Lastly, does this mean that that one song is the only public performance from 2001 not circulating?

u2fp

:wave:

Hi everyone. I have a really stupid question, and if I wasn't in such a hurry, I'd search the threads, sorry about that! :reject:
Anyway, a while ago there was a page where you could past the URL to the youtube video, and download it to your computer. Is there anyone who still has the link to that page, and does it really work?

There are a couple of videos I need by tomorrow, so I'd appreciate a quick answer. Please? :help:

Thanks! :hug: Now I need to continue stressing my life out of me! :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom