U2's marriage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
in recent interviews we have found out that bono and ali met when they were 12/13 (1973), started dating 3 years later-15/16 (1976). then they got married in 1982.

what about edge? how did he meet his first wife? in school? when did he marry? before bono and ali?

I believe Edge met Aisleen (his first wife) at Mt. Temple as well. Larry met Anne there also, and Ann is one of Ali's best friends from Mt. Temple (high school). All of those relationships go back to their school days.

Edge got married in july 1983, Bono mentioned something about it at the Werchter festival early july, something about him not being able to made a good speech at Edge's wedding "next week"

I guess the man has learned a lot since those days :wink:

Edge and his first wife, Aislinn, met during the early days at
Mount Temple Contemporary School.
Edge and Aislinn were married July 1983, they separated in 1991,
(during the Achtung Baby sessions.) Bono wrote "So Cruel" (which best described Edge's marriage with Aislinn) because Bono
says "he understood what Edge was going through" and the
couple divorced in 1996. Edge has 3 daughters with Aislinn...
( Hollie, Arran, and Blue Angel )

Edge and his second wife, Morleigh, met during the Zoo Tv era.
Morleigh was the band's chorographer for the show. She took over as the belly-dancer on "Mysterious Ways" during the US leg of the tour. (Christine Petro was the belly-dancer during the European leg.) Edge started dating Morleigh in 1992-93, they were married in June 2002. Edge has a daughter and a son with
Morleigh... ( Sian, and Levi )

249f17a3.jpg

Morleigh actually knew the band since the late 80's, when she worked as a choreographer for them, but the relationship didn't start until much much later.
Isn't that strange....oh hey there you were the whole time....

You know what I just found out a few years ago. Morleigh is the woman figure in the background for the With or Without you video. She filmed her bit in LA and never met the band until much later on.

I remember a story about Edge and Aislinn (From an 80's Hot Press book, if my memory serves me right). Apparently, Aislinn and her sister Rachel used to go see U2 in the very beginning a lot. Edge really liked Aislinn but was way to shy to ask her out. After weeks of working up the nerve he finally did and the rest is history, as they say.

Did they wait until 1996 to divorce because of the Irish law thing? I know that divorce was only legalized in the shockingly recent past.

madonna's child said:
Did they wait until 1996 to divorce because of the Irish law thing? I know that divorce was only legalized in the shockingly recent past.

Yeah, I think the law passed to legalize divorce in 1996. They waited a long time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom