U2ness on MTV yesterday....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iamshazza

The Fly
well, sort of...as I was flipping through the channels I stopped on MTV...they were talking about Ben Stiller and a skit show he had on MTV and they showed part of a skit called "My U2 Dads" (a take off "My Two Dads" I'm guessing)....anyway, Ben was Bono and someone was Edge and they had a daughter...has anyone ever seen this whole thing? The part they showed was hilarious..."bono" was like "Why did you come home early from school" and the daughter says to study for the SAT's and then he whips out a Mic and starts saying something about he's sick and tired of kids coming up to him...and something about the SAT's. It was like the part from R&H ya know.

It was just really really funny! I hope I posted this in the right area...sorry if I didn't!

Yeah, I've seen part of that skit during MTV's 20 years special. Never the whole thing, though.

I've heard Ben Stiller does a great Bono impression. He's a big U2 fan.

Hmmm I didn't see that, but I was watching this morning and they were doing that 20 year anniversary thing. They showed U2 and the parts of Gloria and Sunday Bloody Sunday and people talking about how cool U2 were....

:p

madonna's child said:

I've heard Ben Stiller does a great Bono impression. He's a big U2 fan.

He is? Cause I have this clip of him doing this sketch on "U2: The Early Years" from his MTV show in the early 90's. It's obvious from the clip that he knows a lot about U2 and, really, it is hilarious, but it also seemed so very bitter. He does this fake ad for "Lucky Clovers" that's a parody of all the One videos put together (yes, including the buffalo). It probably the funniest U2 take-off I've ever seen, but I couldn't help but wonder what had prompted him to do such a scathing critique of U2 doing product endorsements, especially since, you know, they don't actually do product endorsements.

And I have seen the "My U2 Dads" skit. SO hilarious. :lol:

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

U2 doing product endorsements, especially since, you know, they don't actually do product endorsements.

They don't :eyebrow:????

t_Gurken%20Bono.gif

:D

I saw the last part of that!

And then just now on Comedy Central they were doing this sketch called "The Sinead O'Connor Awards" and Alec Baldwin came out as Bono to explain the rules of voting for the awards... he started doing the JTree era Bono stuff about San Salvador and aparthied and all that...then at the end he goes "Am I buggin ya? I didn't mean to bug ya!" It was quite funny :)

And twin, I DO think that Ben Stiller is a big U2 fan. The sketch you're talking about did seem a little cynical, but I think that's just cause he IS such a big fan. You know? If you are a big fan you almost feel like it gives you more license to criticize...maybe. Anyway, just my opinion. :)

hippyactress said:

And twin, I DO think that Ben Stiller is a big U2 fan. The sketch you're talking about did seem a little cynical, but I think that's just cause he IS such a big fan. You know? If you are a big fan you almost feel like it gives you more license to criticize...maybe. Anyway, just my opinion. :)

No, no. I see what you're saying. :)

Back
Top Bottom