U2Kitten's PC...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FallingStar

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Her PC is broken, so she won't be able to log in to Interference.

I just wanted to let you know about that ( 'cause she sent me an email from a different puter) and that's also the reason why she is absent from dear Leather Day. :(

I hope the PC is being repaired soon. I miss her. :hug:

Hey FS,
you beat me to it. She asked me to post this as well if you hadn't already. She didn't want you all to think she had vanished. Of course we don't think that :(
We won't forget you at all girl and hope you will be back soon.
And I sincerely hope that nothing is lost on your pc!!:no:
:hug: to you Kitten

Moonlit_Angel said:
Aw, crap, that sucks. :(. Poor U2Kitten. :hug:s to her. Hope she gets it fixed soon.

:yes:

Hope to see her around soon... :wave:

Let's all chip in, get her a new one, and go Office Space on the old one!

Seriously, computers are my job so if anyone's looking for a good deal.....

Thanks Kelly :hug: I'll go look through it and see if there are some that haven't been posted and add to it!

I do have a different PC so I have to start all over with pics :( I still have all the pics on the old one, but it won't function or go online at all so I can't upload them. :sad: I'm going to keep it until I can figure out a way to get them off there.

Has anybody had trouble with netzero? I tried it and the pics looked smudged and I couldn't even read my sig :huh: I went back to MSN and now I can see them again. but I wanted to switch because netzero is cheaper. But what good is it if I can't see the pics:sigh:

Last edited:
Figured you'd have to start up again with your picture collection...but seeing as you're a big picture person, and seeing as these are pictures of Bono and whatnot that you're going to be collecting again, at least it'll be an enjoyable task, right, if you can't manage to find a way to get them from your old computer? ;) :D. As for netzero...can't say anything regarding it, 'cause I've never used it.

Anywho, glad to have you back! :wave: :hug:. And you're welcome. :).

Angela

I'm happy to see that you're back, U2Kitten! :happy: :wave:

I hope that you can somehow manage to find a way to transfer your pictures from your old computer to your new one. Maybe LivLuvBootlegMusic knows of a method to use for that kind of stuff?

I still have all the pics on the old one, but it won't function or go online at all so I can't upload them.

When you say it won't function, what exactly is it doing? If you can at least get it running, I suggest using a flash drive to transfer the pictures from the old to the new.

FS :hug: and thanks for starting the thread.

Miss U2 :hug: Thanks, and I hope you get your internet fixed soon! I want you here!

Angela- Thanks :hug: Yes it will be fun, but take a long time. Even though I have about 1600 of the best ones on my fotki and boomspeed pages it will still be tedious to *rightclicksave* them all again :sigh: but that's just what I'm going to do in case something happens I always want to have them on the hard drive. I will also be on the lookout for more in threads! :yes:

Lady Val- It's a long story, it started when I got a popup thing that attached itself and ads popped up every few seconds. That already slowed down my already old slow computer :yawn: so I did a search for stuff in the name of the ads coming up (internetfuel, adserv, bargain buddy) and deleted what I found. But they mutated themselves into default versions and came back! The last time I found and deleted them, I lost my explorer window and the computer kept going error. I had to bring up a My Computer window to use to type in the addys of sites, but it was VERY slow, like 20 min. to load something then it would freeze before you could use it! After trying and trying it kept giving me more errors, then finally went into protection mode and I figured I'd better stop before I destroyed it completely (I have over 4000 pics and a lot of other good stuff on that hard drive) I looked into getting it fixed but the prices were so high a new one was cheaper. Some people told me they couldn't save the data and that's what I wanted to do. So now it's in a box waiting for a day when there's a cure :sad: and I won't give up until I get it back. I don't know how to do what you told me to do, maybe you could email me at u2kitten@yahoo.com and tell me if you have time. It had a good life, 4 years and had only broken down once. It was getting old and slow and outdated but it was the popup thing that messed it up. A guy told me he thought what happened was that one of those defaults attached itself to something and when you delete it it also deletes something vital :scream: dirty trick. They told me bargain buddy was a virus.

If you want cheap internet service, PeoplePC is the way to go. We switched to that from MSN and it's like $10/mo.

If you're desperate to recover your old hard drive, ship your old CPU to me (or maybe even just the hard disc) and I'm sure I can figure it out. It sounds likes there's no hardware damage so it should be pretty simple. Just some corrupt files and damaged software maybe. Repair places will of course make it sound ten times worse than it is and then charge you hundreds of dollars when it sounds like just a few hours of work. If you had a network card, it would be even better b/c all I'd have to do would be upload everything here at work over our T1 connection to my network drive and then burn it onto a bunch of CDs. Plus I've got some antivirus programs that would take care of anything that's causing the problem. Seriously, if you're in a fix, I could have that thing back to the way it was, no running better than before and all you'd have to pay for would be the shipping here and back. You can trust me, fixing computers is my job!

Hey thanks, I might do that if you're serious!

Does People PC make the pics look smudgy like netzero did?

Nope. I used it for a month when I lived at home over Christmas break and I was on Interference every day.

There's also a little trick I know: See, most ISPs like MSN, AOL, PeoplePC have "software" that you install and when you logon to the internet, you're browsing the net inside of their browser and if you accidentally close it, you disconnect (like you HAVE to have that window open AND your other IE/Mozilla windows open). I found that annoying so I called tech support and they taught me how to set it up with the standard dial-up connection wizzard built into Windows.

So if you switch, all you need is a username, password, and access number and I can tell you how to set it up so you don't have to use their browser and homepage.

Back
Top Bottom