U2 West Wing Connection (a slight one ... )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JessicaAnn

ONE love, blood, life
Last night's episode included Jeff Buckley's version of Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" (remember Bono sang this song on the Leonard Cohen Tribute album). If you've never heard Jeff's version, it's very beautiful, but different from Bono's version.

By the way ... as a rabid West Wing fan, I think Bono should make a guest appearance. He could play himself, campaigning for debt relief.

------------------
Jessica
Owner of Safari Bono.

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Originally posted by JessicaAnn:
I think Bono should make a guest appearance. He could play himself, campaigning for debt relief.

That's a great idea! They could at least mention him with all his visits there and all!

------------------
~"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy,
I don't mind, think they're crazy
running everywhere at such a speed
'til they find, there's no need!
Please don't spoil my day,
I'm miles away,
and after all, I'm only sleeping!"~
John Lennon

OMD In the Washington Post today in the kids section, The Kids Post, there's this article about single-sex schools....and the first paragraph is:

"In this sixth-grade classroom at an all-girls Catholic school in Potomac, it is difficult to find a male -- even on the bulletin board. Decoarting the wall are the graceful heads of women from the Italian Renaissance, poet Emily Dickinson and, oh, there's a guy: U2 lead singer Bono"

I was reading this and eating my breakfast PopTart and nearly CHOKED I thought it was just SO CUTE.

Also a few weeks ago I was watching Mrs Doubtfire on the family channel (Elevation's coming...
smile.gif
) and in the oldest girl's room there's an AB poster with saucy Bono.

-----------------
~*Mona Vox of Easy Street*~

Omg, I saw that too and thought about posting.
biggrin.gif
I loooove Jeff Buckley and his rendition of that song is just beautiful. I thought it was used well in the episode too. Sad stuff.
frown.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Omg, I saw that too and thought about posting.
biggrin.gif
I loooove Jeff Buckley and his rendition of that song is just beautiful. I thought it was used well in the episode too. Sad stuff.
frown.gif

It was a perfect fit for the episode ... Glad to know there are other WW fans here!
smile.gif

------------------
Jessica
Owner of Safari Bono.

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

Mona, you're so cute... reading the kids section of the newspaper.
smile.gif

Bono should defintly make an appearance on the West Wing.

------------------
Sunday all the lights of London / Shining, sky is fading red to blue / I'm kicking through the Autumn leaves / And wondering where it is you might be going to

Love,
Emily

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html" TARGET=_blank>
Emily's Wallpapers
</A>

Back
Top Bottom